Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Still just an elaborate 11 second pos

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you driving through the water box? Or do they not put any water down?
Old May 21, 2006, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldnt worry about valve float until you get into the mid 8s toward 9k. I shift mine around 8400ish and dont let off to shift (Aside from 1st to second) and the RPM hits around 9k every shift. No problems as of yet. The cams are 272s (Not degreed).

Yes I drive through the water box, I do a decent burnout in the water box. Without doing that the car doesnt seem to grab as hard. Plus it looks/sounds neat
Old May 21, 2006, 06:34 PM

I feel your pain. I went a 11.15@127.2 last weekend. So freakin close. It's gonna happen for you. Go get it!
Old May 21, 2006, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

whoa, that's sick! I can't believe you're on the stock motor w/ those revs. Let us know when/if it goes!
Old May 21, 2006, 08:09 PM

that thing sounds wicked as hell when you are there. When he is doing the burnout with the flames shooting out the front bumber is just awsome. They came to the bar with us afterwords and i was leading and he was behind my buddy and crusing you still heard his car.

It was nice meeting you and trina, we will definatly have to do this again.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

for sure man. Next time hopefully I will be more apt to be more outgoing. Didnt feel so well but it was nice to meet you guys.

I will work on the cars tune some and see if I can get some more power out of it. 132 mph should be had with little to no change I think.

And yeah, if the motor goes poof I will let you guys know. So far it has been a champion
Old May 22, 2006, 09:51 AM
fre
Evolved Member

Don't get more traction, you will be hurting on driveline parts then. Just popped the input or output shaft to the tranny I think. Damn triple disks don't slip as nicely once they have had 250 passes and tons of abuse. I would be fine with an 11.1 @ high 120s. I wish my ignition was holding up as well as yours. I need an HKS DLI, because my car won't keep a spark past 21 psi anymore, no matter where my plugs are gapped.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Well I dont see the stock motor taking much more power. Ill probably try to muster out another 40-50 horses and leave it there. So that means the only way for me to go faster is with better traction. I dont launch the car hard so Im not too worried about drivetrain parts.

Sucks about your ignition man. Mine will last about 4-5 runs with my plugs gapped at .028

They last longer if I gap them lower.
Old May 22, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Street tires.. I have footage of the runs hopefully. Trina was filming so I will post those up once I see if she got them

I am confused, all this time i thought you were a chic .
Old May 22, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

damn your car flys up top
Old May 22, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

About the whole chick thing

Trina (Hence the "Trinababe") is the owner of the car. She made this account and she makes posts. I (Tim) do(es) also

I do all of the tuning on the car and the wrenching. We both drive it.

And yes, the car does make some decent power up top... It will hopefully make more this weekend or next whenever I race it. The timing I had was pretty low for race gas (Something was wrong with the gas I put in it so i couldnt raise it anymore). Next time out I am guessing it will have another 30-50 horses at the same boost. Im also going to race it in the daytime so I should have a little better traction.

And to top it off I found another 50-75 lbs of weight to toss out of it which should be gone next race day. Add it all up and it should be a decent improvement!
Old May 22, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

trina told us all about it at the track...you stole her screen name and her car from her she said you do let her drive it around town though
Old May 25, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stock motor.....are you on stock tranny/transfer/axles/rearend as well?
Old May 25, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

On one of your logs you posted on one of your recient threads I noted that your ignition was cutting out pretty good. It also looked as your car was knocking as well with some pretty good voltage spikes in the log as well, if you can cure that as you know your runs will be improved very much.

This may of been due to your bad gas as well as you spoke of above just wanted to point it out because you already know the stock pistons don't take any detonation well especially at a high level of hp.
Old May 26, 2006, 09:37 AM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Well I dont see the stock motor taking much more power. Ill probably try to muster out another 40-50 horses and leave it there. So that means the only way for me to go faster is with better traction. I dont launch the car hard so Im not too worried about drivetrain parts.

Sucks about your ignition man. Mine will last about 4-5 runs with my plugs gapped at .028

They last longer if I gap them lower.
Oh yea as long as your clutch slips your good to go. I just didn't rebuild my clutch in time. I might have warped something causing the clutch to turn into an On/Off switch instead of a progressive slip. Can't complain with over 250 passes on it. It didn't help that I wasn't making enough power to spin the tires either. (was down 100 hp because of my ignition problems).

Going to try the DSM coil/ignitor system, since the DLIs are all on backorder.

Quick Reply: Still just an elaborate 11 second pos