Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Took my car to the 1/4 track last night

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok first off i think i could have easily gotten into the low 12's if not the high 11's. I finally stopped being pissed and walked out to the car and poped the hood (the reason i didnt last night was because it happened at like 10:40pm, couldnt see in the dark) anyway popped the hood and OMG!!! WTF!!!well i know what the BOOM was, i know what the CLANK CLANK was and i know what the grind was..... now i got to figure out why???

I will have to take a picture tomorrow morning cuz seriously you wont believe me unless you see it. MY TURBO either came off the housing or blew off the housing, must have hit the radiator fan and there is a crack... no let me refraise that there is a MASSIVE CRATER OF A CRACK in the exhaust manifold (the stock manifold) the CAI pipe never came loose from the turbo and it pulled the wires right out of the MAF sensor, it pulled the hose right off the BOV.... i wouldnt believe it if i wouldnt have seen it for myself.... ALL I got to say is WTF!!! I looked at it 6 times just to make sure i am seeing this right but i am. there is oil all over the place ( i am assuming the turbo oil line cuz it is busted)

I am speechless.... WTF??? i seriously am completely speechless. as soon as i get pictures taken and on my computer i will post them... you got to see this.. seriously
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Whoa...
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewblueeye
Ok first off i think i could have easily gotten into the low 12's if not the high 11's. I finally stopped being pissed and walked out to the car and poped the hood (the reason i didnt last night was because it happened at like 10:40pm, couldnt see in the dark) anyway popped the hood and OMG!!! WTF!!!well i know what the BOOM was, i know what the CLANK CLANK was and i know what the grind was..... now i got to figure out why???

I will have to take a picture tomorrow morning cuz seriously you wont believe me unless you see it. MY TURBO either came off the housing or blew off the housing, must have hit the radiator fan and there is a crack... no let me refraise that there is a MASSIVE CRATER OF A CRACK in the exhaust manifold (the stock manifold) the CAI pipe never came loose from the turbo and it pulled the wires right out of the MAF sensor, it pulled the hose right off the BOV.... i wouldnt believe it if i wouldnt have seen it for myself.... ALL I got to say is WTF!!! I looked at it 6 times just to make sure i am seeing this right but i am. there is oil all over the place ( i am assuming the turbo oil line cuz it is busted)

I am speechless.... WTF??? i seriously am completely speechless. as soon as i get pictures taken and on my computer i will post them... you got to see this.. seriously
Old Jul 23, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

and there are no holes in the block on the exhaust side? im just wondering if part of a rod or piston blew through the block and caused that damage to your manifold. definatly crazy.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by evil mechanic
and there are no holes in the block on the exhaust side? im just wondering if part of a rod or piston blew through the block and caused that damage to your manifold. definatly crazy.
i would agree to look deeper. like he said i bet a rod came thru the block and hit yout turbo and that was the clink and boom was your rod coming thru the block. g/l
Old Jul 23, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Engine grenaded, I'd bet. Turbo was a by-stander and became a casualty.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

well i am stripping the engine down today and putting everything back to stock, and having it towed to Mitsubishi and see if they will warrenty anything that is wrong with it. i will be able to take a better look when i take the cams out and what not. the way i figure i have to strip it down either way... if they dont warrenty it looks like Buschur Racing will be making alot fo money off me cuz i will just go to the 2.3 stroker kit and probably a G35 turbo.... but we will see what happens within the next few days
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL good luck!
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewblueeye
well i am stripping the engine down today and putting everything back to stock, and having it towed to Mitsubishi and see if they will warrenty anything that is wrong with it. i will be able to take a better look when i take the cams out and what not. the way i figure i have to strip it down either way... if they dont warrenty it looks like Buschur Racing will be making alot fo money off me cuz i will just go to the 2.3 stroker kit and probably a G35 turbo.... but we will see what happens within the next few days
Good luck with putting it back to stock and talking to the dealer. Sounds like a lot of work for a small chance of success with them. You may just want to bite the bullet now and start the repairs.

Good luck and sorry things happened.

-Vince
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

What's a G35 turbo? You're going to have buschur destroke a G35 couple/sedan and put a turbo on it? HOT STUFF! :P.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

either i am getting a new engine from mitsubishi or i am buying one from buschur racing so either way i need to strip this motor down.... and if i get a new one from buschur i am getting the 2.3 stroker kit, having them put it together with the best turbo... i am going to go with the best of everything so this dont happen again, plus i dont want to buy something that is just ok. i want something i will be happy with and pround to drive.... so if i got to trade off my stock Evo to make this one better then that is what i will do. or if i can jsut get approved for a loan for about 10,000 to 15,000 then i will do that to. either way i am either getting a free stock motor from mitsubishi or buying the best of the best from buschur... that is if this engine is ruined, which by the puddle of oil under my car i am assuming something is broke
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

well found out there is nothing wrong with the block, i dont know if someone messed with my car at the track or something but the turbo blew off or fell off and got the CAI wedged in the radiator fan and ripped the MAF sensor wires out. i am wondering if someone loosened a bolt on my turbo or what cuz they didnt find any bolts broke off
Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I doubt the turbo fell off but you definately would have problems if something got stuck in the fan and you ripped the maf wires out. Did you find this or did you take it to mitsu?
Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

took it to mitsubishi, they are giving me a new turbo, exhaust manifold, turbo oil lines... and a few other parts.. all warrentied!! so it was worth putting back to stock, saved me couple thousand dollars. should have the car back next week sometime, probably late in the week.

wonder if someone lossened or removed a bolt or two? i dont know but i decided that i am going ot put all my Buschur parts back on but not buy any new ones for a while.... still have nightmares about that day.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You lucky SOB.

Quick Reply: Took my car to the 1/4 track last night