Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

1/4 mile run good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because we were all new, and some of us actually took the time to LOOK and SEARCH to see what other people were doing and running with their cars. You guys are right, we should just let knew folks ask whatever and be happy as punch they do. And you're right, it had already been answered by Warrtalon and that's exactly where it would have been left until smart *** comes back with we're not all evo gifted like Warrtalon blah, blah, blah. That BS rubs me the wrong way when new guys act like complete douche bags to folks that actually know what they are talking about. Boo hoo, your feelings got hurt, poor newbie. I mean, give me a break! People should be thanfull folks take the minute to respond to the SAME ?'s over and over again. That's a real good way to run off people who actually know what they are talking about. And if that happens we'll have goobs advising goobs and everyone will be running around with an HKS SS BOV and an intake with no tune.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help guys I am getting a flash next weekend by Jestr and the car not my daily driver so everything should be good until the flash. I will keep you guys posted and hopefully everything will work out
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

mdog I am not real sure why your still talking about this whole things its pretty much over. I know that I need a tune/flash I am well aware of this and its pretty obvious that Warrtalon knows his stuff but if hes rubbing it in my face that hes answer the same questions over and over well then dont answer them anymore. Ill listen to Warrtalon and the other guys that chimed in I would be stupid not too but you I dont even know why you picked to chime in unless of course your still working on your manhood.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Good news about the flash, you defiantly need it... All you need now is practice... as that makes perfection since it's not your daily driver!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:03 PM

yeah ur 60 foot just seems a tad slow imo and gl with the next time to the track after tune
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:09 PM

sounds about right without a flash
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It's ok, I guess. Please search next time so that you don't start off by asking a question when all the info is right here for you to see.

I don't understand how you have a $1500 clutch and useless IC pipes/intake but no tune or MBC. Why do that to your Evo, eh? You could be almost a second faster with the same money spent had it been spent more wisely.

IC pipes help considerably with throttle response, spoolup, and power; especially the lower pipe. I believe since he modified the intake and did not use a MBC and is running OEM boost control; the ECU is pulling boost.

Get a MBC, crank it to about 23PSI Via a Stewart Warner Boost Gauge, get a tune and enjoy HUGE power gains.

I bet you are making stock power, if not then less.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, I am 0.2% manlier today after that last post but I'll be 0.5% dumber because I ever responded to your thread.
Good luck with the flash and I do actually look forward to seeing some more time slips from you once you get your crap together.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for everyone input!........Well it makes me happy to say that I will be getting HKS 272 cams installed next weekend, Walbro 255 fuel pump, and a Hallman MBC along with the flash. I did the research and cam gears for an Evo are kinda pointless right? You really dont make more power you just move the powerband...just confirming.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

I think some would argue with the pointless idea, but for your setup it is definately not needed. IMO a mod not needed at this stage. The other stuff sounds good. If you haven't already bought the MBC look at the Forge. It clicks as you go around the dial and if you use it to go back and forth on boost psi then the counting of the clicks can come in handy to take alot of guess work out of it. The Hallman is also a good piece as well however.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

The Joe P MBC is also very good. Thats the one I use and it works great. It holds boost really well. I had the same problem when I got my EVO bro. I ran crap times all day long then I finally got it tuned and turned a 12.6@108. So good luck with all your new mods and flash.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ok now im stuck should I go with Joe P MBC or the Forge MBC is one better then the other or is it just perference.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drano7823
Ok now im stuck should I go with Joe P MBC or the Forge MBC is one better then the other or is it just perference.
Never heard of Joe P, but I've heard great things about the Forge UNOS and Hallman. I think I'm going with the forge personally.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Is their a certain MBC I should buy from Forge or does it matter?
Old Mar 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...05c3c092391715
There you go.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile run good or bad?