Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

100% stock turbo EVO IX, 11:36 @ 119mph

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1023
No i just keep hearing from my friends that this car is bs. and how about the track in PR lol. is the track even a real track. how much does the car weight in at?
What do you mean, is the track a real track??? The video will be posted some time today and you will see that the track is as real as a track can be. Ask the guys from Turbo Trix, (they have had their car a couple of times down in Puerto Rico), if the track is real, and if there are fast cars or not.

You are just talking BS because you just can't cope with the fact that a full weight car can run those times, since your EVO is pretty gutted I would say.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Amazing times Ruelas!
Old May 10, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JRB_EVO
What do you mean, is the track a real track??? The video will be posted some time today and you will see that the track is as real as a track can be. Ask the guys from Turbo Trix, (they have had their car a couple of times down in Puerto Rico), if the track is real, and if there are fast cars or not.

You are just talking BS because you just can't cope with the fact that a full weight car can run those times, since your EVO is pretty gutted I would say.
not at all i just heard talk about it thats all, and i just want to know lol. pics of inside of car from track day would be cool.

its just funny that no one else can come close to those times thats all.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

not at all i just heard talk about it thats all, and i just want to know lol. pics of inside of car from track day would be cool.

Well, I don't know what you mean by "no one else can come close to those times", since you are faster, and many guys on 20G-LT's (which are similar to IX turbos) achieved some great times this during the weekend and this Monday.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

thats funny there had been big talk that the PR track is bs and your car is on nitrous.

You surely talk a lot of bs.

Come to our track and try to do that 11.2. I am sure you cant. Our weather and conditions are not the best ones and the tracks are not as well prep as in the states, but we got some fast cars for sure. Remember the Big Valley STi that did 9.5 @ 150mph at Atco? They are still having a hard time trying to duplicate those times on our local tracks and that was a year ago, they already did 9.6. But when they go to Atco or Englishtown the times get lower everytime. Most cars on Puerto Rico have made their best times on the states.

Stop that bs about the track, its a NHRA certified track. Big Valley runs there, Turbotrix runs there (as a matter of fact Turbotrix EVO is in Puerto Rico right now) AMS is coming on the future and many big names from the Pro Modified and NHRA world have been here. Do your homework first. Or ask you tuner and my good fiend Al, he has been a few times on Puerto Rico and he knows the local tracks and dynos. Geez...
Old May 10, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

We have a few locals doing 11.5, 11.6 and lower on the stock turbo, Ruelas is just the fastest.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

my car is a lot diff i belive from this one, my car with out me in it was 2800, your saying full weight which should be 3400~

and you cant say the 20g lt is like the evo9 turbo since evo9 turbo making like around 380hp~ and the 20g lt making 430~ and i been seeing a lot of them making 450-470. thats a big diff lol.

will the video have a review of the car, since its not in like the real USA we cant just go and check out car and see it in person
Old May 10, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by The_Predat0r
You surely talk a lot of bs.

Come to our track and try to do that 11.2. I am sure you cant. Our weather and conditions are not the best ones and the tracks are not as well prep as in the states, but we got some fast cars for sure. Remember the Big Valley STi that did 9.5 @ 150mph at Atco? They are still having a hard time trying to duplicate those times on our local tracks and that was a year ago, they already did 9.6. But when they go to Atco or Englishtown the times get lower everytime. Most cars on Puerto Rico have made their best times on the states.

Stop that bs about the track, its a NHRA certified track. Big Valley runs there, Turbotrix runs there (as a matter of fact Turbotrix EVO is in Puerto Rico right now) AMS is coming on the future and many big names from the Pro Modified and NHRA world have been here. Do your homework first. Or ask you tuner and my good fiend Al, he has been a few times on Puerto Rico and he knows the local tracks and dynos. Geez...
alright just send me a ticket to go and i will do it lol.

and you may think i talk a lot of bs and you can say that but a lot of people had said to me that this car had nitrous and i just would like for you guys to have proved it on the video. like have the video from the track to show the car. like a little tore. and its cool that if does not have nos like people said and track is not wicked way to fast. i like to see more and more stock turbo cars to get faster.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Ruelas, you can see only the envious have negative things to say, 11.36 without converting your car into a rolling junkjard.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

my car is a lot diff i belive from this one, my car with out me in it was 2800, your saying full weight which should be 3400~

and you cant say the 20g lt is like the evo9 turbo since evo9 turbo making like around 380hp~ and the 20g lt making 430~ and i been seeing a lot of them making 450-470. thats a big diff lol.

will the video have a review of the car, since its not in like the real USA we cant just go and check out car and see it in person
I said that the 20G-LT was similar to a IX turbo, not equal to. Everyone around here knows by now, what LT's are capable of, and what WHP delta is expected.

What you just can't put together is the fact that this car was not gutted like yours. But put together the 60' that the guy had and great shifting, with 380whp like you are saying, and you will see that 119mph and the associated time are reasonable.

Last edited by JRB_EVO; May 10, 2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

incredible!! Great job.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

alright just send me a ticket to go and i will do it lol.

and you may think i talk a lot of bs and you can say that but a lot of people had said to me that this car had nitrous and i just would like for you guys to have proved it on the video. like have the video from the track to show the car. like a little tore. and its cool that if does not have nos like people said and track is not wicked way to fast. i like to see more and more stock turbo cars to get faster.

I also couldnt believe when I saw the times of your car, but I didnt talked trash about it. And after seeing your video, the weight reduction and what other locals are doing with more weight, I am already pretty amazed with all the results and I dont doubt your numbers.

Sorry if I was to harsh, but if you talk like that about the local tracks , then you are messing with all of our records and credibility.

2 years ago it was hard to do a low 12 seconds pass with an EVO VIII with a good amount of mods. This year everyone its getting closer to 10 seconds. Its very impressive.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by The_Predat0r
I also couldnt believe when I saw the times of your car, but I didnt talked trash about it. And after seeing your video, the weight reduction and what other locals are doing with more weight, I am already pretty amazed with all the results and I dont doubt your numbers.

Sorry if I was to harsh, but if you talk like that about the local tracks , then you are messing with all of our records and credibility.

2 years ago it was hard to do a low 12 seconds pass with an EVO VIII with a good amount of mods. This year everyone its getting closer to 10 seconds. Its very impressive.
haha the diff was i had my car pics and videos all over, plus a lot of people from evo-ny that are also a member to here seen my car up close. i didnt hide anything. put when we ask for a simple video and pic of car from the track its like you guys pull a fight. that is why we are lead to believe this.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

What's not believable here? Danimal ran an 11.4-11.5 at 117-118 with a stock catback and no weight reduction to his IX rs. So why is this time being questioned? Its good to see the monster times being laid down at the strips in PR. Congrats guys and keep up the good work.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
What's not believable here? Danimal ran an 11.4-11.5 at 117-118 with a stock catback and no weight reduction to his IX rs. So why is this time being questioned? Its good to see the monster times being laid down at the strips in PR. Congrats guys and keep up the good work.
lol becasue every one in the world is not doing that also lol. so why is it so easy to do it there.
1- track is a really fast track
2- some kind of power added on and not saying
3- all PR cars are super freak cars.

and if the last one is true with a mix of first one i will move to PR

Quick Reply: 100% stock turbo EVO IX, 11:36 @ 119mph