Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

1/4 Times FOR TURBO'd Lancers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and i am sure he will agree. alot of cars CAN do this for cheaper. this is not a car that will get fast cheap and that is his point. it takes alot of $$ to get a lancer fast (atleast now it does as you are right, there arent that many parts out: but that is changing). I think Boe does take offense to people always saying well you could do XX to car YY for $VVV and it would run faster. well that isnt the point of his car. his point was to take a lancer and make it run fast. If he said he was looking for a car to mod to make fast I highly doubt he would have choosen the lancer. I am sure there is nothing personal about the comments just his level of frustration at the number of times he hears the same comments.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya know its not that big of problem until, like guru said, you've heard it one to many times. I bought the car brand new for 16 out the door. Then I put in 10k, not just motor, and got what i got. Now that is 26k for a new car performing like it does. I can pull a stock evo now. Also there is still lots more i could do. If i did the rods, etc i'd push more boost and be faster. Maybe another 5k will go into the car and it will be in the 11's. Facts are that i've got a brand new car that is a family car doing 13's. Also the car, like mine, isn't everywhere like eclipses/stangs/hondas/etc. That makes me a unique individual. Thanks for the props and recognition i just hope now you see why i went the way i did. Also that i'm not done yet as i will remain the fastest for a long time to come! HE HE!! Just a little fact be known i'm faster than 13.8 now. When i get some things going i'll be at the track again to show you all just how much faster!
Old Jun 28, 2003, 09:54 AM

Boeturbolancer

Hello Boeturbolancer,

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of 60ft times are you getting and what tires do you use to achieve them? What was your best 60ft time? Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2003, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

just you guys wait :-) buahahaha i break into 12's
Old Jun 28, 2003, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

i would easily spend 10 grand on my car. 1k for rims, 3k for intercooled turbo, 1k for pistons and LSD, thats 5k right there
Old Jun 28, 2003, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

hey boe..i was just wondering.. you have the non-intercooled turbo kit? do you think you could have better times if you got an intercooler?
Old Jun 28, 2003, 01:54 PM

Yep!

Originally posted by cleofis
hey boe..i was just wondering.. you have the non-intercooled turbo kit? do you think you could have better times if you got an intercooler?
cleofis,

I know you were addressing this to Boe but I can answer that for you. The answer is, YES! Without a thought, his times will be faster with a decent (not just any) intercooler. His intake charge will be cooler allowing hime to run more boost. Even at the same boost psi, he'd still be faster.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 07:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeah there is a pinch more power to be had with intercooler but it really only kicks in at higher boosts like 9 or 10psi. At 6psi it just isn't worth it. BTW i did my run at 9psi non-intercooled with 1.8 60' time. This is to long should be a 1.6 preferable a 1.5 I was on slicks... think they were mickey's but not sure as they were off a civic dx that was there. He had a dual lug pattern rim setup and one pattern fit my car. He was a great asset that day but i only ran once as they weren't mine. Thus i will practice for better launch/60' times soon with my own. Also i'm upgraded the soon to be release Stage 2 RRM turbo setup. Liquid you mean ...:-) buahahaha when I break into 12's!! Can you feel the pressure?
Old Jul 1, 2003, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

boe i want a turbo soooo bad now u don't even know

if i got a new torque converter with a higher stall, would that help a lot or no??? i think it would as is it should drop me from my current 18.3's down to like 17.5's

all i have right now is intake and exhaust i was thinking that cams would be next so i would need to prepare for them ie fuel pressure regulator and bigger injectors
Old Jul 1, 2003, 08:41 PM
Account Disabled

Dude, practice you're shifting....i can get into 17's stock without a problem.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

i have an auto, shifting is as good as its gonna get stock lmao
Old Jul 2, 2003, 01:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Higher stall would help but you have to get motor putting out some HP to truly take affect of the higher stall. Remember higher stalls are detrimental to stock trannies... don't go too high maybe 2800max. My .02
Old Jul 4, 2003, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Went to irwindale today and had some fun in the 1/8 mile, the next time i goto the track my car should have more sex in it
Attached Thumbnails 1/4 Times FOR TURBO'd Lancers-scan.jpg  
Old Jul 4, 2003, 09:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Now i must ask... which one are you??
Old Jul 4, 2003, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

8092/left side is me, the guy i ran was some gutted hatch with a b20, it was pretty quick.

Quick Reply: 1/4 Times FOR TURBO'd Lancers