Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

1/4 mile ball park figure of a turboed lancer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2003, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mileper hour is important too. Time has more to do with launch of the car.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 03:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by NitrosOZ
is that considered slow running turbo.. i thot most turbos runs in the 10's..
Whoah... ::blink:: Stop right there.

Definitely no. No. A thousand times no.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com

My advice to you is that you read this and other car forums. Real world physics do not such things so easily allow.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

ive seen many cars run slower times than 10's that had turbos. i mean, look at boe.... but i say turbo lancers will be a bit hit in the near future (if you do it right)
Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

its all about the money, you can dump thousands alone jsut to do internals, then thousands for the boltons and turbo and your gonna have the fastest lancer out there, but if your putting that much into a car, i dunno, get one thats is that fast already :\
Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by TURBOit
its all about the money, you can dump thousands alone jsut to do internals, then thousands for the boltons and turbo and your gonna have the fastest lancer out there, but if your putting that much into a car, i dunno, get one thats is that fast already :\
But where's the fun in that? Anyone can BUY and expensive car. Anyone can PAY to make his car fast. But actually building it makes things a lot more interesting.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

don't get me wrong, i like modifying my car, but i just think you can only take it to a certain point, or not, and just go all out which no one has done yet to my knowledge

but the guy was talking about running 11s, to run times like that you should jsut buy a car that starts off fast to have a better chance, lancers, i dunno, 11s might be in the future, but like i said, i havent seen anyone that has compeltely redid internals along with all other thigns, im sure that would make for a fast car
Old Oct 5, 2003, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Stock LS1 + Drag Slick = Low 12's
Intake, Exhaust, P&P, Cam, ECU = Low 11's
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:41 PM

no offence to anyone but i dont have a turbo all i have is a custome ram air setup and a few other goodies and i can run 15.5,s all day long and have ren a 15.2 so maybe you guys are not getting a good light or hook up or something but thoes times just seem sorta slow for a turbo unless your not pushing much boost or dont have many extras on your car
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

happycharly.... do you have any slips that says you ran the 15.5?? well i thought most slips were like 4 significant figures... not trying to doubt you... but most people that actually ran it... talks about time into 4 significant figures then just 3... well maybe im wrong... not too sure... but... who knows..
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Only running a 15 with turbo? I know that's quicker than stock but I would hope it would be a little lower than that. I know it's not that easy to do, but if I would pay $4000 for a turbo I would hope to run faster that, not even probably 2 seconds than I am now. With a little more N/A upgrading, you could be running more than that. Hopefully if a company comes out with good internal mods with those and bolt ons, there will be no need for a turbo to run that fast. But doing that and then adding a turbo, then it will be fast. You can go either way though.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

i doubt NA will ever reach into the low 15's to be honest.

With turbo 14's are easy with new pistons. just up the boost a tad on the ic-kit and you will make it into the 14's
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

If you read happycharly's profile he has Nitrous so no wonder he is running a 15.5 with some NA stuff added.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

mid 14's... is it possible with... RRM IC turbo (boosting at 7 or 8 just for one run)... Ported polished intake manifold... proted polished cylinder head... RRM ECU reflash... LSD... RRM headers.... Throttle body... GReddy Cat-back exhaust... test pipe... and any other small bolt on kind of thing like magnacore plug wires...???
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

without the pistons you are treading on dangerous grounds. i would recommend the pistons first. but talk to rob or boe at rrm if you wish and they can tell you for sure.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

hrrmmm... i'm paying for my car and all.. but it's still udner my dads name... and i give him the 300/month for the car and the insurance.... but... even though its mine and i've paid for everything.... he wont let me do internals... damn... just for one run... hahah i just wanna get on some kids with a bone stock RSX-S... and he cant drive