Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

17th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout **MEGA MERGE THREAD**

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have to agree! i came 2 years ago for the first time. i didnt race, I had just gotten my car and the clutch was gone. i came in October with my Dad and we both had a great time just watching.

Last year it was me, my GF and my friend. I was the only one racing, and I only got 2 passes due to a break. But guess what, we still all had tons of fun watching and meeting people that I have talked to on here and finally meeting them in person.

Thats another reason I dont think anyone has pointed out. Many of the more active members on here deal and talk to alot of people. Many live hundreds of miles away. its nice when you get together and get to meet the people face to face.

Keep the shootout the way it has always been! Its the BIGGEST DSM/EVO event for a reason!
Old May 6, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
This turned into a mess.

OKIX, I owe you a beer, you are absolutely correct. This event has NEVER been about the money or the payouts and I have never advertised payouts of any kind for the last 17 years of the event. The competing race made a big deal about payouts and that is how this started. Companies wanted to step up and support the Shootout and offer payouts. While some racers care about it, I feel that 90% or more of the Shootout attendants don't come to the shootout even for the racing but the friendships and the atmosphere. That's what the event is about.

As for the Happy Meal, it was an insult, Mellon is dead on with his statement. If you want to buy someone a meal Jedi approach them on your own, I find your comments out of line from the first post to be honest.

Mellon, I am going to keep you on the event as a sponsor. I appreciate what you have done for us and this event is huge. It will send business your way from the advertisement and I want to keep you on.

If anyone is coming to the event just for the payouts and that's all that's important, I'll be honest, this isn't the place for you. Come for the good times, for the memories and friendships that's what it's about.

I hope next year things are back to "normal".
Honestly David, I started my comments with.. "I don't mean to be a dick but "..

Did I know I was being petty.. yes. but we live in a free country and I wanted to voice my opinion..

In terms of offering someone a meal.. You're the one that put it in my court.. stating that I should pony 700$ as a sponsor for a company I don't own.

I responded that although I could not make that kind of monetary commitment, I would gladly offer them a meal.. I'm not one to simply complain and when asked on what I would do to make a difference I offered a meal at my expense, as I felt it was better than offering nothing just criticism.

In the end.. that's why this is EvoM and I personally find the drama around the internet silly.. We're all grown men.. I'm mature enough to know when things do get blown out of proportion... I was simply inquiring as I'm sure I'm not the only one that had this thought in mind.. David, thanks for hosting a great event.. Mellon... Thanks for offering your services and the explanation... I truly feel your response of being the first sponsor was an adequate reply to my inquiry. OKIX I appreciate your feedback.. And I'll see you all there..

Case closed.

Last edited by Jedi_Gill; May 6, 2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old May 7, 2009, 05:57 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
This turned into a mess.

OKIX, I owe you a beer, you are absolutely correct. This event has NEVER been about the money or the payouts and I have never advertised payouts of any kind for the last 17 years of the event. The competing race made a big deal about payouts and that is how this started. Companies wanted to step up and support the Shootout and offer payouts. While some racers care about it, I feel that 90% or more of the Shootout attendants don't come to the shootout even for the racing but the friendships and the atmosphere. That's what the event is about.

As for the Happy Meal, it was an insult, Mellon is dead on with his statement. If you want to buy someone a meal Jedi approach them on your own, I find your comments out of line from the first post to be honest.

Mellon, I am going to keep you on the event as a sponsor. I appreciate what you have done for us and this event is huge. It will send business your way from the advertisement and I want to keep you on.

If anyone is coming to the event just for the payouts and that's all that's important, I'll be honest, this isn't the place for you. Come for the good times, for the memories and friendships that's what it's about.

I hope next year things are back to "normal".
much appreciated David
Old May 7, 2009, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We are still working on getting our car together and we hope to be there!

-Em
Old May 7, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Emery, I called you back a few days ago so you know, twice. There wasn't an answer or voice mail. If you still need me, give me a ring.
Old May 7, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

David I still have an unanswered question.. Does the Evo 8 Stock turbo appearing class permit built motors and AEM.. Or do they have to be stock blocks, on stock ECU. Thanks in advance.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
David I still have an unanswered question.. Does the Evo 8 Stock turbo appearing class permit built motors and AEM.. Or do they have to be stock blocks, on stock ECU. Thanks in advance.
AEM and built motors are allowed.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, of course built engines/heads are allowed. If is called stock APPEARING.
Old May 7, 2009, 02:02 PM
Account Disabled

Who from PA/NJ area is going out?
Old May 7, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM

-Em
You better be there because I want to see some 9's!
Old May 7, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
You better be there because I want to see some 9's!
That's slower than I want to see...

I kid...

-E
Old May 8, 2009, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM

-Em
I just wanna see ricer back out there. And you have to go man. You have a whole big crew of newly built evos prolly heading out there with you. Mine looking to be included. lol...

Chris
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:26 AM

hi boys!

I will come from italy to assist to the show!

I cannot wait to come to see the fastest EVO in the world!!

see you in august bye from Italy!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Excellent to hear you are making the trip all the way from Italy. You will have a great time, get hotel reservations now though!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

I cant express enough how PUMPED I am for this event! Not only do we get to race with the best we get to catch up with old friends! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Quick Reply: 17th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout **MEGA MERGE THREAD**