Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Not a bad way to start the season 10.95 @130mph

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats., nice time
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jake my man great times on a killer street set-up and only 22 psi

Nice to hear your ACT is holding up seeing as i had a nightmare of a time with mine a while back on the full face.

Are you running an aem inj driver with the 1600's?

I'd like to go to a bigger inj to run e85 but wanted to know how they ran w/ the aem.

You got any plans to come out to CA this year?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for the kind words. Patrick no I am not running a driver box, however it did take me majority of a day to tune part throttle with absolutely no o2 feedback for any corrections, seems o2 feedback likes to sweep too much with 1600cc's, so dialing in the fuel map took a bit of time on the low throttle areas. They still get a burp every now and then, but most people don't even notice it has 1600cc's when riding along with me.

As far as cali, I might come back down this summer, we will have to see how things go.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
You certainly did walk her off the line. The only thing I could do was laugh as the domestic still struggled to keep up. Oh yeah, it wasn't even in the picture. Was your two-step still set to 5800 on the second pass?

HAHAHHA!! I was laughing about that too, when I rolled it out I heard him launch his car and was expecting to see him take off ahead of me, but he was no where in sight I still out 60fted him with my 2.6 60ft to his 2.9 one tire on fire 60ft
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I posted this same response in your previous thread...

Before reading this thread I was one that believed that anything between the FP Red and HTA35r didn't make too much sense. I'm really speechless (type-less). I took a look at the 100ft slow roll run and I could only smile as the domestic struggled to keep up. I did some price comparisons of the HTA35r and the 3065 and the outcome was $3,395 and $2,995 respectively. I have also compared the FP Red against the HTA3076r in my spare time. From what I've read in this thread, you are certainly a believer in the 3065. You even mentioned liking the GT35r but still choose the 3065. 21PSI at 4100RPM is just crazy (in a good way). I have an E85 station less than two miles from my house so it's certainly going to be a part of the equation. I'm not interested at all in building the bottom end but if I were to do that would rods be the only requirement? Are the 1600cc injectors overkill to run the E85 and could smaller injectors suffice? Are you tuning with the stock ECU? On the same PSI level, what pump gas numbers do you think you would put down? Again, the 3065 looks promising and I appreciate you taking the time to keep the community informed.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I posted this same response in your previous thread...

Before reading this thread I was one that believed that anything between the FP Red and HTA35r didn't make too much sense. I'm really speechless (type-less). I took a look at the 100ft slow roll run and I could only smile as the domestic struggled to keep up. I did some price comparisons of the HTA35r and the 3065 and the outcome was $3,395 and $2,995 respectively. I have also compared the FP Red against the HTA3076r in my spare time. From what I've read in this thread, you are certainly a believer in the 3065. You even mentioned liking the GT35r but still choose the 3065. 21PSI at 4100RPM is just crazy (in a good way). I have an E85 station less than two miles from my house so it's certainly going to be a part of the equation. I'm not interested at all in building the bottom end but if I were to do that would rods be the only requirement? Are the 1600cc injectors overkill to run the E85 and could smaller injectors suffice? Are you tuning with the stock ECU? On the same PSI level, what pump gas numbers do you think you would put down? Again, the 3065 looks promising and I appreciate you taking the time to keep the community informed.

You don't exactly "need" the 1600cc's. FIC has the new blue max injectors that have a very wide range of sizes, 1250's would be the smallest I would go though with a setup like this on E85. On gas you can get away with just having 1000cc's.
I have yet to put this car back on pump gas so I couldn't tell ya what it would do. I am tuning on the AEM EMS. The 3065 is by far the funnest street turbo I have ever had. I ran this turbo 4 years ago in my talon on the street and had a blast with it. It was the most fun I had with any turbo setup really since it had a quick spool, hit hard, and just made crazy power up top. I do believe FP makes a HTA version of the 3065 too, now that would be even more fun!! I couldn't imagine what a HTA version of the 3065 would do as far as spool and power wise.
With the right combination the 3065 is a killer turbo/setup.

As far as rods, I'm going to say that it would be a good idea to put some good rods in the car. I don't know how long my stock rods will handle this abuse, but so far she is doing good. We have another evo down here that I helped tuned and he is running 32-33lbs of boost on a gt35r setup with a bone stock shortblock with 80+k miles, it's still running good and strong and he beats the hell out of it, he has ran a best of 11.1 @131mph with easy driving and lifting on all shifts. So it's really hard to say, some evo's tend to spit the stock rods out anything above 500whp while others will just keep going. I haven't personally seen any stock rods fail over here (knock on wood)

Last edited by evil_eagle; Apr 6, 2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evil_eagle
You don't exactly "need" the 1600cc's. FIC has the new blue max injectors that have a very wide range of sizes, 1250's would be the smallest I would go though with a setup like this on E85. On gas you can get away with just having 1000cc's.
I have yet to put this car back on pump gas so I couldn't tell ya what it would do. I am tuning on the AEM EMS. The 3065 is by far the funnest street turbo I have ever had. I ran this turbo 4 years ago in my talon on the street and had a blast with it. It was the most fun I had with any turbo setup really since it had a quick spool, hit hard, and just made crazy power up top. I do believe FP makes a HTA version of the 3065 too, now that would be even more fun!! I couldn't imagine what a HTA version of the 3065 would do as far as spool and power wise.
With the right combination the 3065 is a killer turbo/setup.

As far as rods, I'm going to say that it would be a good idea to put some good rods in the car. I don't know how long my stock rods will handle this abuse, but so far she is doing good. We have another evo down here that I helped tuned and he is running 32-33lbs of boost on a gt35r setup with a bone stock shortblock with 80+k miles, it's still running good and strong and he beats the hell out of it, he has ran a best of 11.1 @131mph with easy driving and lifting on all shifts. So it's really hard to say, some evo's tend to spit the stock rods out anything above 500whp while others will just keep going. I haven't personally seen any stock rods fail over here (knock on wood)
Thaks for the info Jake i'm sure it helps me as well as others.

Just to add on my set-up w/ the 35R we start to go lean on E85 and the pte 1200's right about 7200 rpm and up.

That's why i'm considering going to the fic 1450's or pte 1600's and i'm always looking to save some bux so if we can take our time and tune either one w/o the driver i'd be a happy clam

Also we too have experienced diff stock motors w/ 30/35r's being pushed to 30+ psi and close to 500whp on our MD.

Most all have stayed alive and run in the hi 10's low 11's at 130ish w/ only one throwing a rod out the block on a 40k motor with lots of ABUSE!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

You don't exactly "need" the 1600cc's. FIC has the new blue max injectors that have a very wide range of sizes. 1250's would be the smallest I would go though with a setup like this on E85. On gas you can get away with just having 1000cc's. I have yet to put this car back on pump gas so I couldn't tell ya what it would do. The 3065 is by far the funnest street turbo I have ever had. I ran this turbo 4 years ago in my talon on the street and had a blast with it. It was the most fun I had with any turbo setup really since it had a quick spool, hit hard, and just made crazy power up top. I do believe FP makes a HTA version of the 3065 too. Now that would be even more fun!! I couldn't imagine what a HTA version of the 3065 would do as far as spool and power wise. With the right combination the 3065 is a killer turbo/setup.
I appreciate the feedback. I'm curious about the lowend and mid-range behavior on pump gas. I've also sent JRod a PM inquiring about the HTA treatment for the 3065. I would add the rods just for the added peace of mind. For the rest of my build, I'm running the BR Race FMIC, LICP, and UICP. I currently have the GSC S1 cams and I'm considering to keep them as I believe they will give me more grunt in the lowend. I've also considered the Kelford Type-C cams as an alternative.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

The one thing I do wanna mention about the spool up with this setup I am running is I was testing in 3rd gear, 3rd gear roll out from 3krpm I would see full boost (external would open) at 4100-4200rpm. 1st gear it obviously is going to be a tad later, but 1st gear hits so damn hard it's hard to keep it off the 8700rpm rev limit lol. The boost curve is ridiculous, it ramps vertically straight up rather then a linear ramp. I will have to post a screen shot of one of my logs when I get a chance. I would imagine the .63 A/R tial housing would spool even quicker, I am running the .82 A/R and I love it!
I also would have no doubt that the .63A/R tial housing would have a quicker part throttle spool as apposed to the .82A/R housing.

here is a link to Tial's housings. http://www.tialsport.com/prod%20ss%20turbo.html

Last edited by evil_eagle; Apr 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not one to hang on to the 'ole lag frame of thought as I currently have the stock VIII with 9.8 housing. My tuner does 3rd gear rolls from 2K. I'm just amazed at the 12.7 slow walk time. I'm currently running 13.44 at 107MPH with 301whp. I would appreciate the screen shot as I'm serious about the kit. I didn't know that I could get the .63 housing and I'm thinking that along with my 264/264 cams, I should have the low-to-mid range covered. I had a buddy to stop by for a few hours and just sharing with him what we've exchanged has him sold on the 3065 turbo as well.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Would like to see a datalog. 30 psi by 4100 rpm in 3rd gear is Evo Green type spool...
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

very nice and sounds great
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice Jake your car can really move with only 22lbs + your a really good driver
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks guys for the kind words. Patrick no I am not running a driver box, however it did take me majority of a day to tune part throttle with absolutely no o2 feedback for any corrections, seems o2 feedback likes to sweep too much with 1600cc's, so dialing in the fuel map took a bit of time on the low throttle areas. They still get a burp every now and then, but most people don't even notice it has 1600cc's when riding along with me.

As far as cali, I might come back down this summer, we will have to see how things go.
I had the same issue with o2 feeback. Even on the injector box.. I'm interested in try the blue max injectors..
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Looking good man.

Fathouse

Quick Reply: Not a bad way to start the season 10.95 @130mph