Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

SPARK TECH Bounty on the next EVO in the 8s!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
EVOBYD, I want to personally thank you for running our engine in your car too! Very impressive times out of your car! If you don't mind sending me over some more information on yourself and the car I'd like to add you to the 9 second list of cars with our engine in it! Thanks again!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is getting down to the wire, whos been running so far
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Just got done reading Mike's thread........sorry to hear about the motor loss if you see this Brian!

Who's going out racing next?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Just got done reading Mike's thread........sorry to hear about the motor loss if you see this Brian!

Brian is going out next week most likely.. The new motor is in transit tomorrow.. Compliments of Dave Buschur..

Mike
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Brian is going out next week most likely.. The new motor is in transit tomorrow.. Compliments of Dave Buschur..

Mike
He didn't run an 8 sec e.t. because I wasn't there to film it...... I was there for the stock turbo and red records.

I take full responsibility guys. I'll make sure to be there the next time Brian goes to the track and make a nice vid for ya'll.

Can I go for a ride in the black car?

Last edited by Epix_; Jul 6, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Competition is ALIVE....Who will be the next evo in the 8's

Gotta be on the list to win
Old Jul 6, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.

Thanks. It was a bad day for sure. But my Tcase went 8.75 I'm working on getting the issue resolved quickly and may return with a dog box and fresh clutch. I'll discuss it in my build thread. But I just wanted to post and say I am sorry I disappointed the sponsors and my friends here and in PR. I had high hopes for Sunday, but it just wasnt my day.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Thanks. It was a bad day for sure. But my Tcase went 8.75 I'm working on getting the issue resolved quickly and may return with a dog box and fresh clutch. I'll discuss it in my build thread. But I just wanted to post and say I am sorry I disappointed the sponsors and my friends here and in PR. I had high hopes for Sunday, but it just wasnt my day.
Hey man. Just come back on a mission when you get your new motor. Expect nothing less than perfect shifting. lol
Old Jul 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
mostwanted, you didn't disapointe me at all! I'm proud of you if anything for being a team player and lending Mike your t-case. You also didn't call me at home to yell about a rod blowing out the side of the engine! That made me even happier
Old Jul 6, 2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
EVOBYD, I want to personally thank you for running our engine in your car too! Very impressive times out of your car! If you don't mind sending me over some more information on yourself and the car I'd like to add you to the 9 second list of cars with our engine in it! Thanks again!

The Buschur motor is in the TD AUTOWERKES Street EVO8 from Miami, Fl. Full 3120 lbs w/ driver, A/C, Functional Radio w/ speakers, "Complete Street Car", Sparktech COP, Stock Transmission, Stock T-Case, Stock Axles. Very pleased so far with the motor's performance. Other than having to change the Valve springs to Ferrea's Dual Valve Springs cause the Beehive Valve Springs originally in the motor werent up to par. The valves were floating. But thanks to ZEKE @ Ferrea he sent us a set by the next morning. Would love to be a part of your 9 sec list, looking forward to improving in the list. We've only been to the track twice, only owned it for 2 months, still learning...

Last edited by EVO BYD; Jul 6, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

So this "contest" completely excludes street cars???

Way to disqualify 98% of your potential customer base. Even though I highly doubt ''Safety" is the actual reason behind the rule....
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Before we run another car into the 8's id like some clarifications on the below rule..

6. All runs must be made on a legal 1/4 mile drag strip and have proper safety equipment.

Would you mind please telling us EXACTLY what is required for safety equiptment.. I would hate to see a customer sign up and not fit the class rules and run 8's.. Thanks in advance..

Mike
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Who is going to the track this week?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

This is not an event that cars can fully be inspected before their runs, which means we are all going with the honesty of those participating. We're not a sanctioning body and this contest is not a sanctioned contest, so we are not going to send out rulebooks etc with pages of specs. Cars & Drivers need to meet current NHRA standards for 9.99 or quicker. If you have any specific questions regarding your car, you can contact us via PM.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
Congrats to all esp the buschur powered ones!!!! :-)

Quick Reply: SPARK TECH Bounty on the next EVO in the 8s!