Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

My weekend at the DSM/EVO shootout!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My weekend at the DSM/EVO shootout!

Thank you to everyone who attended the shootout this year! This was one of the best shootouts for me personally! Got to meet alot of new people! Thank you David Buschur for letting me pilot "Project White" or what i like to call (The other white meat)! The car ran flawless as usuall, I ran the ESA class and was lucky enough to win! The car ran several passes in the 10.70-10.80 range! The car was very consistent, cutting 1.53-1.57 60ft times on a brand new set of Mickey Thompson Drag Radials! I wasnt even trying to kill the car, but i think by playing with the 2 step a little we could have dropped the 60ft times to the high 1.40s.

Congrats to everyone who won and placed at the event!
Thank you again Mr. Buschur (cough cough i still dont feel well i may need to call off tomorrow)!

Trent
Old Aug 16, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IHUNTV8
Thank you to everyone who attended the shootout this year! This was one of the best shootouts for me personally! Got to meet alot of new people! Thank you David Buschur for letting me pilot "Project White" or what i like to call (The other white meat)! The car ran flawless as usuall, I ran the ESA class and was lucky enough to win! The car ran several passes in the 10.70-10.80 range! The car was very consistent, cutting 1.53-1.57 60ft times on a brand new set of Mickey Thompson Drag Radials! I wasnt even trying to kill the car, but i think by playing with the 2 step a little we could have dropped the 60ft times to the high 1.40s.

Thank you again Mr. Buschur (cough cough i still dont feel well i may need to call off tomorrow)!

Trent
Great job with Project White! What happened with the RS? All of us who were unable to attend would love more details please!
Old Aug 16, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job again Trent! I had a blast and hated leaving today knowing the event was over.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

I had a great time as well - will be posting photos soon!
Old Aug 16, 2009, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

this was my first shootout that i attended and it was awesome i drove up sat night 6.5 hours from baltimore md and it was worth it.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Great job again Trent! I had a blast and hated leaving today knowing the event was over.

Thanks Chris!

After watching the quick 16, it really makes me want to go faster. Who knows one day I may decide to step up and make my own evo a drag car!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Trent, you are an asset to the shop and you were a HUGE help to me this entire week and weekend and I'm not just talking about driving duties! Great job as always in the car if I had half your talent behind the wheel I'd have run 10's in an AWD by now!

I was actually flat out shocked when you told me today at the shop you were not power shifting Project White. I just figured you were with the 10.70's. Then when you thought it had 10.40's in it on street tires I was even more surprised. If we can sneak the car out without Kevin knowing we may just have to try and see if some 10.4's are possible. haha

What is this talk of a drag car? So you know the Ohio event is the DSM/EVO Shootout, not the tin can nationals............be careful what you build or I might not let it run! hahahahahaha
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by IHUNTV8

Trent

nicee times
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Thanks Trent, you are an asset to the shop and you were a HUGE help to me this entire week and weekend and I'm not just talking about driving duties! Great job as always in the car if I had half your talent behind the wheel I'd have run 10's in an AWD by now!

I was actually flat out shocked when you told me today at the shop you were not power shifting Project White. I just figured you were with the 10.70's. Then when you thought it had 10.40's in it on street tires I was even more surprised. If we can sneak the car out without Kevin knowing we may just have to try and see if some 10.4's are possible. haha

What is this talk of a drag car? So you know the Ohio event is the DSM/EVO Shootout, not the tin can nationals............be careful what you build or I might not let it run! hahahahahaha

I would bet a weeks pay you could jump in that car and run 10's with those drag radials. You shoudnt doubt yourself!! This friday at 42 your going and getting it done!

As for my car, its almost time to get the plasma cutter out and "DO WORK" I aint scared of no 42r!
The hell with it, its only a car!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Come on brotha, you definetly do not want to do that. Like Daniel told you today, there's a black shell in the depot that would make much more sense to do that to.........

I actually asked about buying a Corolla today............what the hell am I thinking?! The more I think about it though, I think I need to use a new body style Mustang for a RWD project with a 4g63 in it and a....................................slap to the face, wake up.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The more I think about it though, I think I need to use a new body style Mustang for a RWD project with a 4g63 in it and a....................................slap to the face, wake up.
Weren't you saying something a while back about building a Mustang? Truth be told the only domestic I am a fan of is a Vette...C6 Z06 of course...but would love to read about you building a muscle car!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

I'm going to talk with Dan about that shell! There's a couple records I wouldn't mind reclaiming!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Trent.... it probably wouldnt be a good idea to give up your driving career for one in modeling. I think you would be out of work pretty quick.

HAHA!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

As you know Trent you are 1 of my favorite Haters Always a pleasure to hang with you mang
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Trent.... it probably wouldnt be a good idea to give up your driving career for one in modeling. I think you would be out of work pretty quick.

HAHA!