Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

12.11@111mph - 3 Bolt ons - BP Tune! EVO 9

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12.11@111mph - 3 Bolt ons - BP Tune! EVO 9

Hey EVOm,

Yesterday I decided to take my DD EVO 9 to the track yesterday for fun. It was a decent day with temps in the low 50s. It was very windy. We had a headwind all day with winds over 20mph. I bought my EVO middle of last summer and only decided to throw a few bolt ons in the car and drive it everyday. This is my first track day ever with the car. As for power mods here is the short list:

- Full Turboback Exhaust
-AMS Lower intercooler pipe
-JMF 3" intake
-Tune from Devin @ Boostin Performance 93 Octane-23PSI

The car made 338WHP/323TQ when Devin tuned late last year. I ran it with full interior like I drive it on the street. I had my radar detector, CDs, sunglasses, etc lol. I raced the car with my only set of rims and tires. 17 x 9.5" +38 RPF1's wrapped in Hancook RS-3 255/40/17 tires.

I was spinning horribly. Couldn't get the car to hook even with bringing down my tire pressure to 16psi lol. Car ran great though! Very consistent. I made about 6 passes and they were all from 12.11-12.3. My fastest MPH was 112mph. I really think the car can go 11s with the way the car sits now. I just need better track conditions in order to do so. My best 60ft was 1.81 when I made the 12.11 pass.

I might go back on a different day with different conditions but will see. Overall I had a great time and was VERY happy with how the car ran. I think those are great times considering the mods and conditions. Thanks to Boostin for coming out and helping and supporting me along with all my friends. Kristin @ Boostin had a couple of my passes on video and I have some GoPro videos as well ill post ASAP

Here's a couple recent pics of the car along with the time slip. I am car #38.

Last edited by Evosick2332; Apr 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll be the first to post, nice job Joey. BUT, remember what I said in your other thread...if you don't come home with an 11 sec. slip you have to sell the car to me....cheap!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I'll be the first to post, nice job Joey. BUT, remember what I said in your other thread...if you don't come home with an 11 sec. slip you have to sell the car to me....cheap!
Thanks Bud! That is true I do remember that, but at least give me one more shot when the conditions are better? Maybe in the next week or two. What do you think?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a video from yesterday. This is my 12.19@112mph pass. I don't know if we got the 12.11 pass on video but I will check. I will also post up the in car GoPro videos of my pass when I went 12.11. Thanks to Kristin for take the videos and uploading them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS9aW...ature=youtu.be
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Clutch!?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
is this an rs? what is the weight?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Good numbers bro. which track did you go to? am in Chicagoland also
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great driving man
Old Apr 23, 2013, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaRw1n
Stock Clutch!?
No sir, replaced the stock clutch in November. I have a QM twin street version.

Originally Posted by Tom Stout
is this an rs? what is the weight?
My car is an RS, I never weighed it but whatever stock EVO IX RS's, weigh that's what it is.

Originally Posted by b boy
Good numbers bro. which track did you go to? am in Chicagoland also
Thanks man. I go to Byron Dragway and Great Lakes Dragaway. I was at Byron on Sunday.

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
Great driving man
Thanks bud
Old Apr 27, 2013, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

While I was at Boostin today, Devin brought something to my attention. My ACD pump has been bad in my car for awhile now. I have the 3 lights lit up, and its been bad for a long time. I never got around to finding a new pump and installing it. Having the ACD pump bad and racing did not help the cause. My car was spinning horribly at the track, especially in the front.

Does anyone have or know of someone who might be selling a good in working condition ACD pump? Please let me know. I know the car will go 11s the way it sits, but I would like to get the pump in first
Old Apr 28, 2013, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey how's it going man, your DD looks super clean, I saw no ABS on the firewall and figured it must be an RS.. very cool, the engine bays look so much cleaner in the RS.. was surprised to hear you were spinning so bad. The wheel/tire package looks good, were there any spacers on there?

They have an ACD pump in their post partway down:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...-part-2-a.html
Old Apr 28, 2013, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Convert to a non-acd tc and save the weight
Old Apr 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Hey how's it going man, your DD looks super clean, I saw no ABS on the firewall and figured it must be an RS.. very cool, the engine bays look so much cleaner in the RS.. was surprised to hear you were spinning so bad. The wheel/tire package looks good, were there any spacers on there?

They have an ACD pump in their post partway down:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...-part-2-a.html
Thanks Man! Yea the car was roasting the tires. Especially in the front, that's why before I go back I want to throw in the ACD pump. I know It will go 11s the way it sits. The Hancook tires I like a lot, once I get the pump in and better track conditions, I think the car will cut 1.5-1.6 60fts. I have 20mm spacers up front and 8mm in the rear. Thanks for giving me the link on the pump man

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
Convert to a non-acd tc and save the weight
Don't wanna spend that money right now lol. Maybe at some point.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 01:11 AM

Nice run man! Did better than i did! i was just at the Byron strip on Saturday for my second time and only ran 12.4. And i feel you on the ACD issue as i have had the same problem since i bought the car last summer. Let me know if you find some good deals on some pumps! lol
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Deeeeej1973
Nice run man! Did better than i did! i was just at the Byron strip on Saturday for my second time and only ran 12.4. And i feel you on the ACD issue as i have had the same problem since i bought the car last summer. Let me know if you find some good deals on some pumps! lol
12.4 is still a pretty good run man! I've been at Byron the last 2 weekends lol and I think I'm going back this Saturday as well. My buddy wants to bring his EVO X, so I might bring mine or just go watch.

I found a couple pumps for sale. I will let you know about the other and get a price for you if your interested

Quick Reply: 12.11@111mph - 3 Bolt ons - BP Tune! EVO 9