Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Two Specops motorsports evos race to determine winner of ESA Class at 2013 Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKIX
I will have to correct you then. I went 9's under the Stock appearing rules in 2008. Our car was NOT a tin can and NOT cut in anyway. Still a full weight RS with all interior running Hoosier QTP's. This was done with the FPred not the Black
Has any of the evos been run at all in the past few years? You guys had the blow up with DB and was pretty much never heard from again. I am pretty sure you guys would have been in the mid 8's had you kept up the pace that you were on.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Remy
Has any of the evos been run at all in the past few years? You guys had the blow up with DB and was pretty much never heard from again. I am pretty sure you guys would have been in the mid 8's had you kept up the pace that you were on.
9sec9 has taken his street car to the track twice I think, but other than that..nope. Within the last month we have taken the original panda out of the garage where it has been sitting since 2006. It had 600 miles on it, but I have since put about another 600 more on it. We took off the old GT37 turbo and replaced it with a FPblack and I'm having fun with it on the street. The car we call the race car is still just sitting in the garage waiting until its called upon.

As for the mid 8's....I doubt that. That's a far stretch. However, I do still think the 8's are attainable on a stock frame WITHOUT a cut car.

Who knows....
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was there in Norwalk when the 9.57 run was done. It was incredible! Talking with guys and even pushed it in line waiting to run.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will have to correct you then. I went 9's under the Stock appearing rules in 2008. Our car was NOT a tin can and NOT cut in anyway. Still a full weight RS with all interior running Hoosier QTP's. This was done with the FPred not the Black
As I said I would love to see it. Any videos?. If I can run consistent 9's on a full weight stock appearing car then why would I want to upgrade to a big turbo I love my stock appearing setup......
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

I wish they would allow QTP's under ESA. I think that would have brought my 60ft down at least a 10th. Again, I really think next year is the year of the 9's. I know that's what our focus is on. Mid 9's or bust on a 3200lb full interior, stock appearing, non-cut car. It can obviously be done. Just got to get the right combo.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pls1968
As I said I would love to see it. Any videos?. If I can run consistent 9's on a full weight stock appearing car then why would I want to upgrade to a big turbo I love my stock appearing setup......
I couldn't agree with you more. You can have a lot of fun with power levels of the stock appearing stuff. As for videos....you may just have to look around YouTube. I know they are out there. Search OKIX or 9sec9.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Well wouldn't you know it, won SA again. Didn't hit the 9 sec goal though (won with a 10.1). It was a rough go to even get to the shootout between returning from deployment, then school, then blown transmission, all within a month of the shootout, whew! Thanks to all the guys at Spec-Ops Motorsports for helping me build the fastest EVO in Fayetteville, NC. Just like the last two years, we are already preparing for next year. Have already made several 10.0 passes with the elusive 9 in the near future (broke my rear axle, so the wait continues). So again, I make the prediction that next year is the year of 9s.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 06:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've heard good things about those guys at spec ops...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 04:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKidd113
Well wouldn't you know it, won SA again. Didn't hit the 9 sec goal though (won with a 10.1). It was a rough go to even get to the shootout between returning from deployment, then school, then blown transmission, all within a month of the shootout, whew! Thanks to all the guys at Spec-Ops Motorsports for helping me build the fastest EVO in Fayetteville, NC. Just like the last two years, we are already preparing for next year. Have already made several 10.0 passes with the elusive 9 in the near future (broke my rear axle, so the wait continues). So again, I make the prediction that next year is the year of 9s.
Nice work. It pays off to make sure the car is running as it should before attending events. Winning 2x in a row back to back is awesome.

Any idea what causes the rear axle to break? I had a customer break 2x in a row. I didnt think the axles broke in evo's to easily.

Was it on the launch? Wheel hop?

I didn't make it to this years shootout.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Nice work. It pays off to make sure the car is running as it should before attending events. Winning 2x in a row back to back is awesome.

Any idea what causes the rear axle to break? I had a customer break 2x in a row. I didnt think the axles broke in evo's to easily.

Was it on the launch? Wheel hop?

I didn't make it to this years shootout.
Happened during my burn out. Haven't taken it apart yet to see any tell tell signs for the failure.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 07:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Well at least it didn't do it at the shootout!