Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Has anyone put these "MT" drag radials on an Evo x yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone put these "MT" drag radials on an Evo x yet?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3780r
Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with these yet on their evo x and what feedback you have. any input would be great. Thx in advance
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old Jun 18, 2014, 06:46 AM
Former Sponsor

We've been there and done that. They hook better than a street tire, but I prefer qtps. They will fit right on your oem gsr wheels with no issues. As long as the car isn't too low they will clear the fenderwells with just a slight bit of rubbing when you turn the wheel all the way locked. They ride nice and soft and are a good candidate for a weekend brawler.

Check our facebook fanpage for pics.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by E-SPEC INDUSTRIES
We've been there and done that. They hook better than a street tire, but I prefer qtps. They will fit right on your oem gsr wheels with no issues. As long as the car isn't too low they will clear the fenderwells with just a slight bit of rubbing when you turn the wheel all the way locked. They ride nice and soft and are a good candidate for a weekend brawler.

Is it possible to run a 17" wheel/tire combo with the QTP's on the X's?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E-SPEC INDUSTRIES

can u put the evo 8/9 brembo's on all four,put the evo 8/9 wheels along with the hoosier slicks on the x?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

You don't have to change the rear brakes to run a 17 inch rim. You'd only need to change the front calipers and rotors to evo 8/9 ones to use the 17's from an 8/9 with slicks. Not entirely sure but you MIGHT be able to use the FD rx7 16 inch wheel with a spacer how the evo 8/9 guys do too but I don't believe anyone has ever tried that on the X yet. I just use the STM brake kits to run a 15 inch wheel on my X. They're a great kit and reasonably priced
Old Jun 20, 2014, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
I have them on 265/45/18's for my drag setup. They do hook much better then a street tire, a lot better. I pulled a 1.6 60' with them....and my rear diff broke, not really broke but it started making some nasty sounds.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by black E
I have them on 265/45/18's for my drag setup. They do hook much better then a street tire, a lot better. I pulled a 1.6 60' with them....and my rear diff broke, not really broke but it started making some nasty sounds.
do u use the e-brake to launch or just off the clutch?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thugline
do u use the e-brake to launch or just off the clutch?
While using the ebrake does help a little, it "unlocks" all the diffs as soon as it's pulled up FYI. So you'll be launching technically with open diffs. While harsher on the driveline a little bit I cut a 1.77 60 ft with street tires using that method. Could inquire about the staging brake kit from STM which just uses fluid pressure to the rear calipers to hold the car in place and preload.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05OrangeSS
While using the ebrake does help a little, it "unlocks" all the diffs as soon as it's pulled up FYI. So you'll be launching technically with open diffs. While harsher on the driveline a little bit I cut a 1.77 60 ft with street tires using that method. Could inquire about the staging brake kit from STM which just uses fluid pressure to the rear calipers to hold the car in place and preload.
I think i will get the staging brake now that you've mention the info about the diffs being opened while e-baking.