Question about dragstrip vs street alignment... - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Competition > Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

Question about dragstrip vs street alignment...

Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Old Feb 5, 2019, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have adjustable coilovers on my car which have the front camber plates.

For my street setup it requires me to run a little more negative camber. For the track I could actually pull them in some but wasnít sure if it will throw off the whole alignment by doing so?

Basically can i just add positive camber using the camber plates and go to the track or would it need to be re aligned after messing with the plates.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 5, 2019, 06:02 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

For sure will affect the Toe spec

Most drag setups run very little negative camber, if at all

Never really looked into their actual specs but most of them have their C/o'rs mounted way outboard of the upper slot.

During the launch the rears really squat, lifting the front. The idea would be to keep that front tire square w/the track during launch

My .02
Old Feb 5, 2019, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
For sure will affect the Toe spec

Most drag setups run very little negative camber, if at all

Never really looked into their actual specs but most of them have their C/o'rs mounted way outboard of the upper slot.

During the launch the rears really squat, lifting the front. The idea would be to keep that front tire square w/the track during launch

My .02
right thatís what I was afraid of. I think thatís been a big part of why my 1/8 mile portion sucks. Guess Iíll just have to get it re aligned after putting the drag setup on then re aligned with the street setup.

Old Feb 14, 2019, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

What coilovers are you running for your drag setup? I remember Buschur and other people were running Apexi N1's back in the day, recently saw they have deals for them brand new $875 shipped. Are those still good to use or should I go with the STM spec d2s?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PhoPoweR View Post
What coilovers are you running for your drag setup? I remember Buschur and other people were running Apexi N1's back in the day, recently saw they have deals for them brand new $875 shipped. Are those still good to use or should I go with the STM spec d2s?
Iím running some crappy function/form type 2 coilovers. Going to switch to stms soon. Iíll read up on the apexi I didnít realize they were also popular

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.