Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Vishnu Stage 1+ Results Smog is still faster but I am a tad quicker

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2004, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vishnu Stage 1+ Results Smog is still faster but I am a tad quicker

Went to Carlsbad on a nice cool day out here in So Cal. My drag racing skills are average at best at this point in development but slowly improving. Previous best 12.4 at 112. Well today I ran two 12.2s back to back followed by a 12.4 and then another 12.2. All mphs 110mph and change. I did trap 113mph with a 12.7 on one run but on my good runs 110mph was all I could muster. Here is my best run and this is what a stage 1+ tuned by Shiv is capable of. Btw I do not have the strongest stage 1+ car as my traps indicate and if I remember correctly Shiv mentioned that my car was knock prone and liked to pull timing. Here is my best slip. You have to take my word on it. 1.776 60 ft 330ft =5.075 1/8 et =7.853 1/8mph=85.95mph,1/4 mile et 12.248 at 110.42. I am not bragging about how fast my car is or my driving abilities. I could care less if you guys know how fast my Stage 1+ Evo is. I just want Shiv and his boys to get the respect they deserve on this site. Smogrunner, Evotomig, and myself all are running low 12s with the same settup and tune. Stage 1+ delivers what is promised and in the SCC orgy Shiv's customers car a stage 1+ ran a 12.1 on one pass. Don't be surprised if Smogrunner or Evotomig get an 11.99 in the near future if they run on a cool day like today. Both of their cars trap 112-113 mph on average and shows that I do have a slightly slower stage1+ Evo. BTW Guy at the track with the untuned stage 1+ can vouch for my times. He did get a 12.8 at 108 I believe but was having difficulties with his launch. He would either spin out of control or bog. With a decent 60 ft 12.5 would of been his on his untuned Stage1+ minus the x-flash I believe. I hope he takes my advice and takes it up to Shiville for a lil tuning magic. If he wants to hang with his buddies Mach 1s and Cobras a trip to Pleasonton is a good idea. PS. Thanx Shiv for the fast car. Also can't wait for Stage 2.
Old May 22, 2004, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

IE EVO, what type of gas were you using?

CPT Evo
Old May 23, 2004, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

Captain Evo, 100 unleaded and 110 leaded mixed. High boost = high octane. The 91 octane map is probably capable of mid 12s on a perfect run but I am addicted to race gas and if i am going to abuse my car/break something I might as well run the good stuff and get the best time possible.OUT!
Old May 23, 2004, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Went to Carlsbad on a nice cool day out here in So Cal. My drag racing skills are average at best at this point in development but slowly improving. Previous best 12.4 at 112. Well today I ran two 12.2s back to back followed by a 12.4 and then another 12.2. All mphs 110mph and change. I did trap 113mph with a 12.7 on one run but on my good runs 110mph was all I could muster. Here is my best run and this is what a stage 1+ tuned by Shiv is capable of. Btw I do not have the strongest stage 1+ car as my traps indicate and if I remember correctly Shiv mentioned that my car was knock prone and liked to pull timing. Here is my best slip. You have to take my word on it. 1.776 60 ft 330ft =5.075 1/8 et =7.853 1/8mph=85.95mph,1/4 mile et 12.248 at 110.42. I am not bragging about how fast my car is or my driving abilities. I could care less if you guys know how fast my Stage 1+ Evo is. I just want Shiv and his boys to get the respect they deserve on this site. Smogrunner, Evotomig, and myself all are running low 12s with the same settup and tune. Stage 1+ delivers what is promised and in the SCC orgy Shiv's customers car a stage 1+ ran a 12.1 on one pass. Don't be surprised if Smogrunner or Evotomig get an 11.99 in the near future if they run on a cool day like today. Both of their cars trap 112-113 mph on average and shows that I do have a slightly slower stage1+ Evo. BTW Guy at the track with the untuned stage 1+ can vouch for my times. He did get a 12.8 at 108 I believe but was having difficulties with his launch. He would either spin out of control or bog. With a decent 60 ft 12.5 would of been his on his untuned Stage1+ minus the x-flash I believe. I hope he takes my advice and takes it up to Shiville for a lil tuning magic. If he wants to hang with his buddies Mach 1s and Cobras a trip to Pleasonton is a good idea. PS. Thanx Shiv for the fast car. Also can't wait for Stage 2.
You did have to raise the bar, didn't ya??

Congrats to you and many props to Shiv and his crew at Vishnu for reliable, powerful and consistent tunes.
Old May 23, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Ahhhh, so your the guy with the Yellow EVO I see at Carlsbad, nice car man, and I can vouch for you because I was there also, just a spectator. Also just wondering did you challenge that Supercharged Mustang Cobra that was there, and he backed down? Saw you go over to his car and say something was just wondering? Anyhow nice car, and that Silver EVO was also sweet. Did you see the black STI that was there, I don't know what was up with that, guy seemed to be getting decent launches, but the guy was running high 13s and low 14s. Great job, man I can't wait till I get an EVO
Old May 23, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear of the results guys! Keep it up
Old May 23, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IE,
I agree with Evotomig, you have raised the bar. Congratulations! What I find interesting is the consistency of the Stage 1+s. This is something that Shiv probably finds gratifying. All of us who drag race them are getting almost the exact same results: 12.1 to 12.3/111-113 mph. I may need a better clutch (still stock) to break the 11.999 barrier. With our trap speeds, it is certainly possible.

I'm curious, is there anyone west of the Mississippi running faster/quicker times with the stock turbo, stock head, and no NOS?
Old May 23, 2004, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Just a question are any of you guys going to race at California Speedway in Fontana on May 29th, it would be awesome to see you guys represent the EVOs there?

here's is for more info if your interested-

latest news:

WHO: Street legal drag racers, spectators and media

WHAT: NHRA Street Legal Drag Racing Dragway.

WHEN: Saturday, May 29th

WHERE: California Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana
The quarter-mile California Dragway is located in Parking Lot 1 behind the speedway's main grandstands.

TIME: Tickets go on sale and Tech Inspection begins at 2 p.m. For early arrivals, a holding area in Parking Lot 2 will open at Noon with admission sales starting at 2 p.m. Racing is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. All activities will conclude at 11 p.m.

COST: For participants and fans, the price is $10 per person to enter the speedway and $10 for race participants to purchase a Tech Card ($20 total for racers). Street Legal Schedule:May 29June 26July 17July 31August 21September 18November 13Complete Schedule +
Need To Know:line up12pmtickets on sale2pmtech inspec.2pmracing starts4pmracing ends11pm

Last edited by 3000ways; May 23, 2004 at 02:37 PM. Reason: link was not correct
Old May 23, 2004, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Good runs. I will be at Speedway on the 29th.
Old May 23, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Great runs. You guys make me feel real slow in my stage 1+.
Old May 23, 2004, 05:55 PM

Pleasure

I just want to say it was a pleasure and an education watching IE EVO run his
his car down the track at slip and slide C-bad. What more can you say about a
1.776 60ft time and an 12.248 ET. Man, there is nothing average about your driving skills. The only reason I broke into the 12's was that rude tech guy put me
out of order against you. After you left me at the light holding my shift knob,
I said Damn, I gotta catch up and did not think on that run. Shiv has done a great job tuning your car but you still gotta drive it and drive you did. It was nice
meeting you and I appreicate the pointers. When I got home from the track a
rep from Mitsubishi was waiting at my house to take my car away. He said I was not worthy of ownership. I convinced him to give me another chance
Old May 23, 2004, 06:12 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

You sure you got the 1/8 trap speed right? That's only a few more than stock.
Old May 23, 2004, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pretty good corolation between the Vishnu stage 1+ and the Buschur Racing stage 4. Smog is my west coast twin, I am in the Mid west....and now we need someone on the east coast

Keith
Old May 23, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Fourdoor]Pretty good corolation between the Vishnu stage 1+ and the Buschur Racing stage 4.

...except your upgraded intercooler,injectors,battery kit,maf pipe kit,upper itercooler piping and intake.

All those parts are stock on our cars.
However, he do have cam gears which Buschur doesn't believe in.

To each his own, though.

Last edited by evotomig; May 23, 2004 at 08:31 PM.
Old May 23, 2004, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

3000ways, No i did not challenge that Cobra. Me and the guy with the Cobra talked throughout the day and never attempted to race each other. He was frustrated with high 12s at 114-118 with pulley.predator,exhaust etc basically a very well modified Cobra capable of 11s. He did pull a 12.4 on one run and was not very happy. Cool guy and if he had intiated a race I would of obliged. Usually I won't intiate grudge races unless I am trying to avoid a 10 sec hotrod/trailerbeatch. That is probably what you saw but that guy owned a Mach 1 and he was cool but did not want to oblige. However,it would of been cool to line up against the Stang that had Rice Cooker or something like that on his license plate. BTW I kinda like my License plate. It kinda makes people want to race me. Especially Stis.

Quick Reply: Vishnu Stage 1+ Results Smog is still faster but I am a tad quicker