Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

TurboTrix Evo =>>> 10.505@135.13

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2004, 01:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_doer
Mark: Maybe you can answer this MYSTERY question for me and the rest of EvoM. Here goes. Your Evo makes 550 hp, your closest competitor supposetly makes the same with in 3 hp. Why is YOUR evo over a 1/2 second faster, Should it be a measured in **** hairs?????

A) Your Computer Tuning/Engine building/driving prowess?

B) Someone is Lying?

C) Your Computer Tuning/Engine building/driving prowess and someone is Lying?

D) All of above?
Where both cars dynoed on the same dyno? Same day? If not, absolutely no conclusion can be drawn relative to horsepower differences. And why would anybody be lying? No more of this conspiracy stuff if that is what you are alluding to, ok? Thanks.

Speedlimit..
Old Jun 15, 2004, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Where both cars dynoed on the same dyno? Same day? If not, absolutely no conclusion can be drawn relative to horsepower differences. And why would anybody be lying? No more of this conspiracy stuff if that is what you are alluding to, ok? Thanks.

Speedlimit..
Couldn't tell you. These are claims by a competitor, and my question is valid. No conspiracy, I'm alluding for truth <not claims. take care.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

what is the weight difference
Old Jun 15, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Props!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome job Mark! Leave it to the NJ boys to carry the drag racing crown

Shiv
Old Jun 15, 2004, 05:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Hi everyone!

We will not allow this wonderful milestone to be sidetracked by vendor bashing or flaming. We have created a specially padded forum so that you can beat each other's brains out. You may go here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fo...play.php?f=114

Please check your weapons with the 343 pound gorilla at the door.

Again, this forum and thread is a "VENDOR BASHING" free zone. Any OT comments, flaming or vendor bashing will be deleted.

Speedlimit..
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Here is one Hp calculator.

and here is a chart.

You can plug and play the numbers in here. To me your trap speed will let you know how much power you are making.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

rumor has it this car will be running at the IDRC All Star Nationals this weekend at Atco Raceway!!

www.importdrag.com
Old Jun 16, 2004, 07:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Evo_doer
Couldn't tell you. These are claims by a competitor, and my question is valid. No conspiracy, I'm alluding for truth <not claims. take care.
One answer is one dyno reads higher than another and one car weighs more than another. I am pretty sure the cars where not dynoed on the same day same dyno so attempting to analyze a 3hp difference is of no value. The variations are spectacular (as much as 50 to 100hp) difference between chassis dynamometers across type and location.

Is there gamesmanship with the dyno numbers? Sure a little, but there is enough experience floating around here sort them out. I would not call it lying (as two of the three choices in your original question). This points out why owners have to be careful with vendor claims concerning hp gains for mods and most of us attempt to correlate et's with gains and whp when possible. The 1/4-mile hp estimators are a good a yardstick since most timing systems are fairly accurate.

In the final analysis, I would not hesitate to purchase a product or tune from any of our major vendors. They have all demonstrated quality products and service. We are very fortunate to be one of the few websites that has our "sport" leaders posting on a regular basis.

Speedlimit..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Jun 16, 2004 at 08:04 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

To the Vendors and their tireless efforts to make it count with the customers!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 17, 2004, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Red face

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Hi everyone!

We will not allow this wonderful milestone to be sidetracked by vendor bashing or flaming. We have created a specially padded forum so that you can beat each other's brains out. You may go here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fo...play.php?f=114

Please check your weapons with the 343 pound gorilla at the door.

Again, this forum and thread is a "VENDOR BASHING" free zone. Any OT comments, flaming or vendor bashing will be deleted.

Speedlimit..

Bashing?? Weapons? LMAO!! I'll leave the Killer Pizzas, and Hot Co2 with Magilla so you won't cry like a baby. Here's some kleenex for all who I offend