Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Help !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2001, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help !!!!!

I just purchased a 2002 lancer { US version }

Im out i new jersey, where drag racing is the BIG thing.

but i have no idea wher to begin the mods for my car.

I was thinking supercharger, but i cant sem to find anone that manufacturers it.
If anyone knows anything on how to help me , please let me know.

thanks,

PS...

the car only looks fast
I did a full catback exhaust , and tons of decals , hehe
I need something to back up the looks
Old Nov 16, 2001, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on budget... being an Evo 6 owner I'd say get a 4G63T under the hood . If you already have the Mitsu 2.0 4G63 block, look at aftermarket upgrades to get it to a 4G63T, ie Mitsu td05hr turbo, front mount intercooler, and an Evo front bumper assembly (so the intercooler can get some air... )

All that will set you back quite a lot of cash, although a well tuned 4G63T with full racing exhaust/filter and a decent ECU remap will get you anything up to 400bhp (at 1.5bar boost) at the crank, and 350ish at the wheels. Go for a bigger turbo/intercooler and you can hit high 500's... it's a lovely base engine for tuning (just be sure the internals can take it!)

Low budget alternatives... exhaust/filter are a must (Blitz, HKS, anything that gets rid of the cats etc.), and a sports ECU (ie a better map) is a good investment. Also look at handling... not a problem in straight-line dragging, but if you'll be driving the car at other times a sports/race bred suspension setup makes a huge difference around corners, especially with fatter alloys (rather than the 15" steels).

Try cross posting this to the tech forum on engine tuning, there's guys there that know loads more than me about tuning, I'm just a newbie

Derek