Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

363.8TQ/323.3WHP, stock turbo , 91oct

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRXToEvo: I did dyno and wasnt even close to those numbers lol. One because of the stock BOV and two probably because of the Buschur Mustang dyno.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

I was there, Carlos was so happy with the new tune and numbers. Hope you like it man. I get mine done this week sometime. I'll post my numbers to compare with yours Carlos.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by V8EaterEvo
I was there, Carlos was so happy with the new tune and numbers. Hope you like it man. I get mine done this week sometime. I'll post my numbers to compare with yours Carlos.
V8EaterEvo,

Could you describe on your own words how crazy my drifting was? Tell this guys on the forum what my car did in first second and third in front of you.

It was completly undriveable.. it was a pure RWD Evo MR

By the way, let me know if you need help with the installation of the SMC kit. I hope you already ordered yours, it takes a few weeks to get them. I can help you with the install or I can refer to the two guys that installed it for me.

Again , I am amaze on how ridiculous minimal the consupmtion of alcohol this represents, it might be that I am running the nozzle number #7?

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 4, 2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

why do you want it rwd?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

I explained before. I don't want a RWD car, I am saying that the torque and the tunning made the car absolutely a different driving car.

My car is loosing traction very easily now. Don't get confuse, I am just saying that I am loosing traction not that I want my MR to be a rwd
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fuzzychi
WRXToEvo: I did dyno and wasnt even close to those numbers lol. One because of the stock BOV and two probably because of the Buschur Mustang dyno.
Oh , I forgot, guess what Al did before he started connecting his sensors and equipment to my car?, he hit the 1g DSM BOV with a wrench to crush the spring on the BOV so I could maintain boost.

I have the Buschur Upper Pipe with the 1 Gen BOV
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

He is just saying the that his tires are no good, it's like he is driving a RWD car, not AWD. That's all.

Carlos,
Yea, It was so sick. Coming around the corner, you drifted hard as hell. It was so sick man. Once you get new tires, you will dominate curves.

Once I get the SMC, I'll pm you so you can help me install it. Hope to see you around.

Rob
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V8EaterEvo
He is just saying the that his tires are no good, it's like he is driving a RWD car, not AWD. That's all.

Carlos,
Yea, It was so sick. Coming around the corner, you drifted hard as hell. It was so sick man. Once you get new tires, you will dominate curves.

Once I get the SMC, I'll pm you so you can help me install it. Hope to see you around.

Rob
LOL it was insane I must say. I owned a few AWD cars in the past:

Stealth R/T Twin Turbo modded
Porsche Carrera 4 AWD
Subaru WRX heavily modded
and a few modded Eclipse Turbo AWD

but the way I was entering and exiting that street with my Evo was absolutely crazy, I was scare myself. Did you see my face after I did the few passes, I was pale, It was a sensacion I haven't experience in a AWD before. The car was drifting a good 150-200 feet I would say, you could even hear me from the previous street..

I heard Al was laughing is a$$ off encouraging me to go faster, remember that?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Do you trap 115 on 91oct, or have you been to the track at your current power level? Occasionally, places at altitude use correction factors to account for the altitude, so the numbers aren't exact. Just wondering if your power on 91oct is really that high...it's higher than most cammed cars on 93oct.

good point. the dyno did have a correction factor of 1.25, i believe. it was done in Denver (5800ft above sea level). member 3240 actually is from colorado also and he said that the numbers are off by a small amount, maybe 10whp or so. he dynoed his car up here and then down in philly. i agree with you, since the elevation plays such a large factor when modifying the car, the correction factor is almost right.

my largest problem right now is choosing a turbo upgrade. seems like the 35r is not going to work up here, so im leaning towards either a 3076r or evo9-20g, both on pump and alky. ive tried to do as much research as possible on this site, but i have not seen anything yet that would make my decision final. Al said that he could possibly make the 35r spool good up here w/ his custom tune, but im not sure if i want to take the risk.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea, the 1g bov will hold boost better if it is crushed. And if you get the leak stop kit from dejon tool, it wont leak hardly at all....
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey great #'s sounds like you are having fun. It's great getting these cars to go sideways.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
LOL it was insane I must say. I owned a few AWD cars in the past:

Stealth R/T Twin Turbo modded
Porsche Carrera 4 AWD
Subaru WRX heavily modded
and a few modded Eclipse Turbo AWD

but the way I was entering and exiting that street with my Evo was absolutely crazy, I was scare myself. Did you see my face after I did the few passes, I was pale, It was a sensacion I haven't experience in a AWD before. The car was drifting a good 150-200 feet I would say, you could even hear me from the previous street..

I heard Al was laughing is a$$ off encouraging me to go faster, remember that?
Yea, I would have been sh**'in my pants if I did that. I don't really push my Evo, cause I'm scared that I'm going to crash it. I've put to much $ in it, just to crash it. Yea, Al was laughing. He gave you madd props when you did the third pass. Insane man.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

...Now is track time!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
What are your mods so we can be on the same page?

Also, why did you get tune on 100OCT?, do you have multiple maps? My goal as always been 91Oct no matter what.

Al was tunning all night until 0400am. This guy really knows what he is doing.
I am coming back for a tunning on the Evo 9. So far I am very very happy with his reliable tunnings.
The numbers in my sig are from a previous tune with an afc2. I was tuned by Al on 91 octane and alky.
My mods are:
- Helix tbe,intake,o2 housing, and ic pipes
- 10.5 hotside
- GSC 272in/264ex cams
- SMC alky kit
- Greddy boost controller
- Walbro 255 fuel pump and 650 injectors
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolsk8r
The numbers in my sig are from a previous tune with an afc2. I was tuned by Al on 91 octane and alky.
My mods are:
- Helix tbe,intake,o2 housing, and ic pipes
- 10.5 hotside
- GSC 272in/264ex cams
- SMC alky kit
- Greddy boost controller
- Walbro 255 fuel pump and 650 injectors
Al was saying that you came from Las Vegas right?, was Al tunning your car for a long time?. He mentioned something about you today. Your numbers are great also. Congrats!!

What type of mixture were you running on your car? 50/50 water/alcohol?, methanol?

I think it was a win to win situation for all the guys came by to have their cars tune by Al.

Quick Reply: 363.8TQ/323.3WHP, stock turbo , 91oct