Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

363.8TQ/323.3WHP, stock turbo , 91oct

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice numbers dude. sounds like an animal.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Dang Carlos, i tried to call you to see if i could ride up there with you. The number i have has been disconnected.......sucks to be me...........call me......Ray
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Al was saying that you came from Las Vegas right?, was Al tunning your car for a long time?. He mentioned something about you today. Your numbers are great also. Congrats!!

What type of mixture were you running on your car? 50/50 water/alcohol?, methanol?

I think it was a win to win situation for all the guys came by to have their cars tune by Al.
Yeah that was me. He didn't get to me until 1:30 in the morning, but it didn't take him that long to tune. I am running pure methanol in my car. Al is definitely the man.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rraulston
Dang Carlos, i tried to call you to see if i could ride up there with you. The number i have has been disconnected.......sucks to be me...........call me......Ray
Ray, I am so sorry man. I forgot I disconnect my number about two months ago. I have a cell, I will give you the number over the PM. I really wished you were there, I thought you could had got my number through Edwin or Abner.

I must say that when me and Abner were riding in the back we were very scared.
Al drove my car in the highway and near the shop and we were simply drifting average 100-150 feet. At one point I had big fears but then I realized who was driving the car (a 9 sec street driven Evo 8 owner).

Abner can tell you how the drift was at Vividracing with 3 people in the car(Al weights 300lbS, I weight 190 and Abner 160). I am sure Al was having a blast driving my car, me and Abner(Slowcar) were holding tight. Overall , we had a lot of fun.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Al's a pretty damn big guy...and w/2 other people in the car and it was still losin traction around the curver. Wicked...can't wait to get tuned and running.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Abner can tell you how the drift was at Vividracing with 3 people in the car(Al weights 300lbS, I weight 190 and Abner 160)
No way Carlos, Abner weighs no more than 125 lbs.

BTW, new tires should fix that happy tail u have now due to the grande torque. Your front tires have 10k hard driven miles on them and like you said there's no thread left and its starting to desintegrate. No wonder your car drifts like crazy...Be careful bro.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:18 AM
Account Disabled

Ray, I am so sorry man. I forgot I disconnect my number about two months ago. I have a cell, I will give you the number over the PM. I really wished you were there, I thought you could had got my number through Edwin or Abner.

I must say that when me and Abner were riding in the back we were very scared.
Al drove my car in the highway and near the shop and we were simply drifting average 100-150 feet. At one point I had big fears but then I realized who was driving the car (a 9 sec street driven Evo 8 owner).

Abner can tell you how the drift was at Vividracing with 3 people in the car(Al weights 300lbS, I weight 190 and Abner 160). I am sure Al was having a blast driving my car, me and Abner(Slowcar) were holding tight. Overall , we had a lot of fun.
bro - Al was having a real Blast driving yoyur mean mcahine - fast spooling and massive TQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was cool that the road tune was almost dead on when we got to the dyno

It was really nice to see you again - next time I have to plan out some relaxation time to hang out and enjoy you guys instead of just constant work one car right after the other

Thanks for the businss guys and enjoy those monster machines !
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Well i cant wait til u come back so we can see what numbers i put down with no boost leak and full boost!!!! haha nice numbers carlos!! CONGRATS!!

Al - sorry i didnt get to come up there i have had soo many things on my mine with my car gettin impounded and what not. Let me know when ur coming back
PJ
Old Dec 5, 2005, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

So it's actually 91 octane + Alky right?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, you get that right, 91 Oct gas plus SMC alcohol kit using 100 denatured alcohol and a number #7 nozzle.

I did tons of research before getting my alcohol kit, Al suggested pure denature alcohol and nozzle number #7, I did exactly that and got results beyond my expectations.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
bro - Al was having a real Blast driving yoyur mean mcahine - fast spooling and massive TQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was cool that the road tune was almost dead on when we got to the dyno

It was really nice to see you again - next time I have to plan out some relaxation time to hang out and enjoy you guys instead of just constant work one car right after the other

Thanks for the businss guys and enjoy those monster machines !
Thanks you so much Al. Once again you just prove you can tune. I really think you are the one that enjoy the most of the driving, I have to admit I was a bit scared, I was riding in the back with Abner and it feels different in the back seat, on the other hand you were laughing your *** off when you were drifting.

The good thing is that not only you convenced me again but also the group of Evo Owners that were at Vividracing and ultimately we demonstrated that the SMC alcohol can be a mean upgrade when done and tune right.

I will be taking the car to the track soon and I am ordering a set of bigger tires to handle the lack of traction now.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pjsevo8
Well i cant wait til u come back so we can see what numbers i put down with no boost leak and full boost!!!! haha nice numbers carlos!! CONGRATS!!

Al - sorry i didnt get to come up there i have had soo many things on my mine with my car gettin impounded and what not. Let me know when ur coming back
PJ
Thanks PJ,

Actually I have to say thanks to Al for the bad *** tunning. I am very happy with the car, no knock and boosting 28PSI all day long.

Your car should put some serious numbers, you have all the ingredients in the cocktail you just neeed to know how to mix them.

I choose to get 100% Denature Alcohol instead of the Methanol for the simple fact that I want it to be able to get it anywhere.

Good luck with your next tunning and let me know when occurs so I can get there.

Carlos
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Al,
would methanol make more power? if so, how much?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Al,

I was wondering if you can squeeze more power with 3 more parts that I was looking at installing:

ECUTEK,HKS DLI(Ignition box)and Works 3" 02 housing. Please let me know if you think I can make any significant power, other wise I will leave the car as it is.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure about power gains but the HKS DLI is a good investment IMHO. It helped smooth out my top end.. I don't have to worry as much about gap/worn plugs. Car feels smoother overall.

Maybe you could look into a ported o2 housing and manifold? Both are kind of expensive for minimal gains.

Quick Reply: 363.8TQ/323.3WHP, stock turbo , 91oct