Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Documented stock Evo 8 fuel pump low output / failure - dyno sheets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2004, 09:40 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Documented stock Evo 8 fuel pump low output / failure - dyno sheets

We don't see too many evo 8's these days totally stock - most of the ones I see are somewhat modified - especially on the dyno

The ones I get for custom tunes on the road trips - I usuallu suggest the fuel pump

Its been a while since we had one at the dyno

Here is a guy who rolled in with his car running crazy lean stock - after trying a few things to diagnose we determine that his stock fuel pump is in fail / under output mode and is not supplying enough fuel

We have seen two stock evos fuel pumps go bad under heavy testing - this is the first that rolled in with a bad fuel pump

In this case car had 17,000 miles plus

Here is the super lean and fuel starved base run - totally stock - BUT interestingly making decent power with the super lean riding the knock sensor condition

and the AFTER with the Dynoflash and fuel pump

Amazingly we made more whp and trq - smoother and at a safer a/f ratio - thats the Fireball 3 technology at work !

I seriously recomend the walboro fuel pump upgrade as I have said before

This example is one that was witnessed by at least 10 guys at a dyno day and is very well documented and verified !
Attached Thumbnails Documented stock Evo 8 fuel pump low output / failure - dyno sheets-fuelpump.jpg  

Last edited by DynoFlash; Apr 6, 2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 10:27 AM

Al,

For the dyno plot you posted, is that a thru the mail dynoflash upgrade or is it your custom tune dynoflash ?

Also from the dyno plot you posted the power curve has been smoothed out , but how much of this would you attribute to your dynoflash tuning, and how much to the Walbro upgrade ?

From the dynoplot it looks like a stock evo picks up 7 hp from the dynoflash tune. Would you say this is on the low side or is it typically what you would expect from your dynoflash upgrade ?
Old Apr 7, 2004, 10:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Gormless
Al,

For the dyno plot you posted, is that a thru the mail dynoflash upgrade or is it your custom tune dynoflash ?

Also from the dyno plot you posted the power curve has been smoothed out , but how much of this would you attribute to your dynoflash tuning, and how much to the Walbro upgrade ?

From the dynoplot it looks like a stock evo picks up 7 hp from the dynoflash tune. Would you say this is on the low side or is it typically what you would expect from your dynoflash upgrade ?
a stock evo with proper functional fuel pump would be running much richer and make about 20 whp less on average

Super lean conditions riding the knock sesnor do make good power - look at all the safc tuners out there getting decent whp

However - it is not suggesteed to run a car with this lean a a/f and retarded timing = very high egts and lots of slight knock activity

Its interesting to note we could get a richer a/f - quiet the engine and still make more whp

The final ft lbe were 266 if i remember correctly
Old Apr 7, 2004, 02:44 PM

Hi Al,
Thanks for all the help yesterday. The cars feels good up top and really smooth.
See, this is a problem, 'cause now I want more!!!!
please pm me so we can talk about what's next.
Thanks again for all the help (You and Pruven)!! I really appreciate it.