Notices
ECU Flash

What to use for DataLogging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4mad
My EvoScan programming has only been going for 2 weeks and I've nearly finished..

Yes I have had a request to add LC1 support for the datalogger, that is easy as.
Any other feature requests, feel free to leave a post on my thread at OpenECU.

my EvoScan software is not associated with Colby or OpenECU, I just happen to have updates being posted there about my software. It would be nice if I could get some support from Colby(tactrix/openecu) and Jason, I haven't as of yet. I am only programming it on my own, along with 1 beta tester.

My post about the software shows that I am already using the latest antialiased 3d graphing tools for .NET which will blow away any existing logging software around

My EvoScan software will log 100-200 data items per second, possibly even 1000/second if I get some Assembler programming support from someone. All from the factory ECU! And you can even make yourself a homemade cable to work with the software if you like, its nothing too hard. I will create a website after the initial release with how-tos
Hey man - like I posted on the other forum (openecu) if you need any help just let me know.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:24 AM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I don't understand why anyone would purchase the ZT2 kit for 600 when the LC-1 w/XD-16 gauge is half the price and will be fully supported by OpenECU for datalogging.
While the XD-16 standalone gauge and controller is a great value, the integration of the Innovate widebands could be permanent vaporware for all anyone really knows. Also, the ZT-2 package can be a good value as well when you break it down. Add up the cost of an electronic boost gauge, an electronic EGT gauge, a wideband, and a wideband display and you'll see that the pricing is not that outrageous and you get a higher output sample rate than the Innovate or PLX.

Then again, for those people who don't care about using EGT or Lambda and who prefer the sweep of a "numbers and needle" boost gauge, the Zeitronix display is not very practical.

Ideally, Evo4Mad will release his very promising datalogger and will be able to incorporate wideband O2 support and we can stop focusing on the software that comes with the widebands and people can just buy the hardware that fits their needs/preferences.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ScrappyJack
While the XD-16 standalone gauge and controller is a great value, the integration of the Innovate widebands could be permanent vaporware for all anyone really knows. Also, the ZT-2 package can be a good value as well when you break it down. Add up the cost of an electronic boost gauge, an electronic EGT gauge, a wideband, and a wideband display and you'll see that the pricing is not that outrageous and you get a higher output sample rate than the Innovate or PLX.

Then again, for those people who don't care about using EGT or Lambda and who prefer the sweep of a "numbers and needle" boost gauge, the Zeitronix display is not very practical.

Ideally, Evo4Mad will release his very promising datalogger and will be able to incorporate wideband O2 support and we can stop focusing on the software that comes with the widebands and people can just buy the hardware that fits their needs/preferences.
Per Evo4Mad on openecu.org, the logger is confirmed to work on both 8 and 9's. He is in the final tweaking stages and it should be released very soon (talking days not months). He has come ALONG way in a very short time. The program looks outstanding, and one of the best looking log programs I have ever seen. IF anyone has not looked at the screenshots over on openecu, you gotta check it out. Just flat out amazing.

A 200 dollar wideband, 80 dollar cable and free logging and flashing software is one heck of a value!! Exciting time to be an Evo owner.

Girlie
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm hoping I'll get the opportunity to work with him (Evo4Mad) since he's programming it in VB.net I'm hoping he can add a VBScript API to process the data or add plugins.. This would allow anyone to add support for almost anything needed.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Girlie
A 200 dollar wideband, 80 dollar cable and free logging and flashing software is one heck of a value!! Exciting time to be an Evo owner.

Girlie
For the 2 years of owning my Evo I have yet to purchace one tuning device for the car, not even a SAFC. I've been using Al's product to keep the car inline.

Now that I finished installing my last upgrade it's time to move on to a different approach - personal tune - and this couldn't of happened at a better time.

I've got a lot to learn
Old Jun 7, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I'm hoping I'll get the opportunity to work with him (Evo4Mad) since he's programming it in VB.net I'm hoping he can add a VBScript API to process the data or add plugins.. This would allow anyone to add support for almost anything needed.
Not anyone. Only those willing to put up with VB...

d
Old Jun 7, 2006, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donour
Not anyone. Only those willing to put up with VB...

d
Agreed. C# all the way - much cleaner syntax.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

It says about screenshots but for some reason they dont show up for me? the excitment is building upon the release of this....and its def. a great time to own an evo! no more high priced ecu/datalogging tools....Brings me back to the uberdata and turboedit days on my old turbo crx
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

stop whining! as far as i'm concerened there is no difference between c# and vb.net.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Here we go with the VB vs C# or Winblows vs Crapentosh, etc. rants.

Don't you guys know it is all in how you use it

Now let's get back on topic.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
stop whining! as far as i'm concerened there is no difference between c# and vb.net.
Once the program is actually running no... coding it is entirely differnt.

Im sorry but

if NOT obj is null then
blah blah
end if

looks like **** compared to

if(obj != null)
{
blah blah
}
Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Take it off topic kids
Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

you have to register on that site to see the attatchments.

Girlie
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Per Evo4Mad on openecu.org, the logger is confirmed to work on both 8 and 9's. He is in the final tweaking stages and it should be released very soon (talking days not months). He has come ALONG way in a very short time. The program looks outstanding, and one of the best looking log programs I have ever seen. IF anyone has not looked at the screenshots over on openecu, you gotta check it out. Just flat out amazing.

Girlie
So evoscan has been confirmed to work on the 9? OutF*?kingstanding I cant wait to try it.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

you have to register on that site to see the attatchments.

Girlie

been 3 weeks and I still haven't got a registration e-mail. Kinda frustrating.

Can someone post up some pics?

Quick Reply: What to use for DataLogging