Notices
ECU Flash

Data Log Lab...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2006, 03:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Here is a quick tool to convert the logs time/seconds format and a DLL Universal Definition file by Laakness

This app is completely unsupported, please don't ask where the files go or how to get it working.. the definition file goes into the DLL app directory for universal definitions, the app can be dropped anywhere you want..

This tool basically combines the time and seconds, gives you the delta so you have a log that reads seconds from the start..

It runs only under .NET, you should already have it, if not, .NET 2.0 is the version you need..

Its a drag and drop tool.. You drag the files to the large text, and it converts it and saves it to the location the files originated...

It has absolutely no error checking, and might work strangely.. But it does the job to work with Data Log Lab without needing new software..

It works ONLY with EvoScan v0.8 log files, let me know if it works...

I serialized date to day of year, I have no clue what will happen if you start your logs a few minutes before midnight, and go into the next day, let me know what happens (If it doesnt work right, you'll get negative times or an error) if it does work right, you can let the logger run for days without it having a problem..
Attached Files
File Type: zip
EvoScan-DLL_Gateway.zip (6.3 KB, 145 views)
Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Data Log Lab doesn't care what columns exist or what dont.. So I will add a feature that lets you calculate your load sites (within reason since it does clip at 1600hz) as a new column.. I'll do that another time though, this stupid app was hard enough to figure out since I haven't used .NET in quite some time (I was always a VB6 programmer because my job needed something not dependent on .NET)
Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Hmm, that dyno graph on the DLL page looks identical to the ecu+ dyno graph... I assume ECU+ has licensed DLL to use in it's gui??
No. The ECU+ software is completely custom and from-scratch. It's unrelated to DataLog Lab.

Tom
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tlcoll1
No. The ECU+ software is completely custom and from-scratch. It's unrelated to DataLog Lab.

Tom
Yeah, upon closer look that are not at all the same, just a similar frame layout. In general though the calculations are the same so I would expect all desktop dyno software to have the same input variables so.......

thanks for the tool Malibu.. though my ecu+ will be here this week so I probably will spend more time messing with that than evoscan for a little while at least.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

nice
Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

jack did u ever finish making the evoscan definition txt file for datalog lab.?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Yep, its zipped up with the log analyzer tool I posted earlier today... its called evoscan.txt and has all the current stuff in it.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, works awesome. Really easy to visualize to see what is going on. Because of this I saw my intake temps (preturbo) dropping a significant amount while im at WOT due to having the stock intake on the car still. I would like to compare to someone who has a open element air filter to see if there is any diff.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OT

Who are you selling your IX turbo to?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Nobody yet, ill put it up for sale when it gets pulled off in a week or so.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a log of mine doing a 3rd gear pull to 7k. I logged all parameters so you can check the intake temp. I have an Injen intake.
Attached Files
Old Sep 3, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Guerillah
Nobody yet, ill put it up for sale when it gets pulled off in a week or so.
I think Warrtalon is looking for one.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Man I would like to thank you for your work Malibu and others who have contributed to this small project. It works great. The graphing tool lets you put things in to context you dont really pay attention to. In excel I never use to look at air temp,(just timing, knock, rpm, tps).. but this graph lets you really get an idea of whether your intercooler is doing its job or not. There wasnt much instructions, but a lil trial and error and everything worked flawless with datalog lab. So far my load spots have been almost dead on, if not just a few off. Makes it so much easier if you plan on running a bigger turbo and other things, once again thx. Stop by houston and I can take you out to a strip club or something for the hardwork
Old Sep 4, 2006, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Man I would like to thank you for your work Malibu and others who have contributed to this small project. It works great. The graphing tool lets you put things in to context you dont really pay attention to.
x2 MalibuJack & anyone else who helped did an excellent job an with everything.

Originally Posted by mchuang
In excel I never use to look at air temp,(just timing, knock, rpm, tps).. but this graph lets you really get an idea of whether your intercooler is doing its job or not.
the air temp value your talking about, that is just the temp of air entering the intake @ the MAF sensor, it has nothing to do with how efficent your IC is working... just as a FYI.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I need some help with this. I downloaded the free version of datalog lab before I buy one. I loaded MalibuJack's definitions from Evoscan.txt into datalog lab. I used his convertor file to create an acceptable datalog "dll.csv" file. When I try to open it with datalog lab I get this message "could not load the necessary of three records from the datalog."

I tried to click on the "graph content" box to check more data points before I could load the dll.csv file but no boxes would check.

Edit: I got it to work. I tried a different file and it worked. Then I went back and tried the file that I wanted to look at and it worked

Last edited by nj1266; Sep 4, 2006 at 08:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Data Log Lab...