Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2008, 08:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know what current developments there are...

But I don't know of it being possible at this time

you should be able to log with it and OBD Scantech
Old Sep 2, 2008, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I am starting to get into tuning and am trying to learn and familiarize myself with all the software and programs that come along with it. I have downloaded Mitsulogger and am trying to learn all the sensors and values that each represent. But I can't figure out what the MDP sensor is. I have never heard of it. So if someone could just fill me in it would be really helpful.

thanks
Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

well heres a question for you guys, my evoscane not only doesnt wanna log load calc anymore, but i also wondered is there a place in evoscan to set where the .csv file gets saved too? i only ask b/c in the saved datalog folder the only logs that show up when i go there via explorer are the sample logs, but if i go in thru evoscan to view them as a graph there all there...this is annoying and why i find the even though mitsulogger is as customizable as evoscan i find it simpler to use cause i can always get my logs and i set where they go...any help
Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:09 PM

i just got evo scan 2.5 on a new laptop.. as soon as i start data logging it starts and stops and keeps saying link engaged/disengaged and is creating blank1k log files

:stumped:
Old Sep 4, 2008, 04:48 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Chabada15
well heres a question for you guys, my evoscane not only doesnt wanna log load calc anymore, but i also wondered is there a place in evoscan to set where the .csv file gets saved too? i only ask b/c in the saved datalog folder the only logs that show up when i go there via explorer are the sample logs, but if i go in thru evoscan to view them as a graph there all there...this is annoying and why i find the even though mitsulogger is as customizable as evoscan i find it simpler to use cause i can always get my logs and i set where they go...any help
EvoScan does log loadcalc, you just need to place the log values that loadcalc is using above it.

You don't see your log files via explorer because you're using stupid Vista. There's a magic button on the Explorer that you just need to click on.

Yes! You can set where you want the future log files to reside by using the "File\Options" menu in EvoScan.

Hope that help.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

I have an older version of evoscan. How do you get the newer one? Never had a problem with the old one. But I have a lot more on the car now.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

MJ, my ecuflash wont pull my rom from my 9. keeps giving me the error screen ( unknown rom) my mitsulogger and scantech work fine so i dont think its my tactrix cable. it goes into the ecu does everything but doesnt give me any info or anything. i searched on here and over at activematrix, saw the same question im asking but no answer. thanks in advance.

oh everything worked fine on my 03 evo 8. and i can pull up my roms from my 8 in evoflash just fine. thanks again for any help.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

did you try ecu unlocker? and are you selecting 2006 evo 9 instead of 2003-2005 evo 8..i kno it sounds dumb but i have caught myself doing the evo 8 all the time out of habit
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i tried running ecu unlocker aswell it comes on and everything but still no luck. im selecting evo9base since i dont know what ecu is in the car until i pull the rom and get the rom info. it wont even give me any rom info or parameters atall, its all blank. it does connect and give me the option to download rom. it initializes and completes but no info. im wondering if i have to jump the battery?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by mrxidx
i just got evo scan 2.5 on a new laptop.. as soon as i start data logging it starts and stops and keeps saying link engaged/disengaged and is creating blank1k log files

:stumped:
am having the same problem as this guy.. maybe am just messing something up..
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

No response from ECU

I have not used EVOscan for a year and I now need to retune my ECU. However, EVOscan keeps giving me a "no response from ECU" error message. I tried to tick and untick a couple of the boxes but no change. I then tried re-installing evoscan 2.5 but again no change. Then, I tried versions 2.1 and 2.4, I still get the same error message.
Then, I ticked the box that says "HybridDSM/3000gt/Eclipse". Finally, I can get some sort of datalog but, it's logging very slowly. Also, the USB is set to COM4 and EVOscan will not allow me to change it from COM1. I tried to change the USB to COM1 but again, no change. I am using ECUflash with a tactrix cable, and have no trouble loading maps to my ECU. What should I do? Am I missing something? Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

try reinstalling the drivers for both evoscan and ecuflash...then try again
Old Sep 15, 2008, 05:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by purevibez
yeah i tried running ecu unlocker aswell it comes on and everything but still no luck. im selecting evo9base since i dont know what ecu is in the car until i pull the rom and get the rom info. it wont even give me any rom info or parameters atall, its all blank. it does connect and give me the option to download rom. it initializes and completes but no info. im wondering if i have to jump the battery?
Your romID isn't recognized, but the rom is downloading if its successfully "getting" everything. Its just you need to figure out the proper romID and get a definition file for it.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 05:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I'm trying to run MitsuLogger, but I'm getting an error message that says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)". Can anyone provide some insight? Thanks.

Your probably missing the .NET 2.0 framework, you can download it from microsoft or I think it'll show up in windows update.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

No response from ECU

Hi Chabada15, thanks fro replying. I tried reinstalling evoscan and ECUflash so that it reinstalled the driver for the tactrix cable but it's still doing the same thing. Is there a particular box that I have to untick that I'm missing?

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions