Notices
ECU Flash

EcuFlash & Mac OS X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EcuFlash & Mac OS X

I am pretty sure I already know that answer to this question , but to be a 100% sure I thought I would ask the guys that would know.

Is it possible to get the EcuFlash Software for the Mac OS X operating system?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is possible, but there's not a stable build at the moment. I did a preliminary build from Colby's source a few months ago and sent the the changes back to be included in a release, but I haven't heard anything since then.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=229389

d
Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:04 PM

The program can be built, but right now, the problem lies in the drivers. The chipset manufacturer (FTDI) does not have a version of the needed driver for OS X. Once I have that, I will make a Mac release. I now have 4 Macs in the house (mostly running Windows), so it should be easy for me to test.

Colby
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:17 PM

Assuming you have a recent Intel Core X Duo Mac, Parallels and their current beta (build 3036 available via forums.parallels.com) have improved their USB compatibility to the point where OpenPort 1.3 is functional for logging.

I've also been able to pull a ROM image from my ECU, but I haven't had the guts to write a ROM back into the ECU. I'm sure it's fine, but I'll reboot into BootCamp (standard Windows XP) to do any reflashing.

If you do go this route, the beta build will allow you to run Parallels from the Boot Camp partition, but I have not been successful getting the OpenPort cable to log; I use the standard Parallels-create VM image.

HTH
Old Dec 21, 2006, 03:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by curisu
If you do go this route, the beta build will allow you to run Parallels from the Boot Camp partition, but I have not been successful getting the OpenPort cable to log; I use the standard Parallels-create VM image.
I have, but it required quite a bit of voodoo to get the the windows driver to correctly recongize the USB device. The easier way is to use the OSX usb->serial drivers and a parallels serial driver.

This thread is about ecuflash, but native OSX logging is already available.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=224378

d