ECU Flash

Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Youngsyr
Not good news, I'm afraid.

My tuner friend found another table in the JDM IXs with anti-lag working that wasn't in the JDM VIIIs rom id.

He's since fixed it so that it is and tried it on a JDM VIII, with no success. I'll post up the table when he emails it over to me.
is there any chance you could get a copy of the rom used on the 9 with the antilag
at least then we could try and disassemble or even poke around and see how they do it.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

What table do the 9's have that the 8's don't? I can poke around my ROM and see if I can pull the code for you guys.

Originally Posted by Youngsyr
Is that not just the odd rumble and pop on changing gear/ let off though?

What I understand to be ALS is direct injection of air into the exhaust manifold. I've heard it on an ECUTEKed JDM IX and it sounds like a rapid fire large calibre gun off, which continues until you come back on the accelerator.
I will test this map in 5 hours and report back. ECUTek is none other than a software remap. It changes the same timing, ALS tables, and possibly fuel that we are doing manually.

Here's my take on how the SAS hardware works. Fuel in the exhaust manifold is necessary to get the effect for ALS. No question about it. Retarded timing just moves the combustion process to the exhaust manifold at the spec'ed loads and RPM. With the SAS hardware, I believe timing is left alone. Instead, more fuel is dumped in similar cells compared to timing. This means there will be extra fuel leftover for the combustion. The SAS hardware injects air at the precise time this extra fuel hits the mani. This ensures that it is ignited instead of having to rely on a HOT manifold. Thoughts?

Last edited by silex; Mar 17, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Somebody try these addresses out for USDM IX's as they seem to get me the correct calls:

ALS Air injection time
Timesecbyte = 40b3 through 40bb
RPM = 6f08

I'm not sure about the Time address as there appears to be a range of hex that works so maybe I'm digging in the wrong parts.

Last edited by silex; Mar 17, 2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would a JDM IX rom, with ALS enabled be of use
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grayw
it sure would mate if ya have one could ya please send it on so we can see whats going on maybe we could all have ALS cheers
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have email

Originally Posted by BarryC
it sure would mate if ya have one could ya please send it on so we can see whats going on maybe we could all have ALS cheers
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grayw
That would be great Gray, will give us a chance to see what we are missing
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Settings attached for JDM IX running ALS. One note to make is that all timing tables for High Octane Ignition Map 1 to 4 are the same as the one shown. Hope one of you JDM or EDM Evo's can get it working now with these settings Even better if someone can test it who doesn't have SAS hardware otherwise must wait until tonight for me to see what happens

ALS Fuel injector time is a bit hard to see. It is 4.8s.
Attached Thumbnails Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly-jdm9-1.jpg   Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly-jdm9-2.jpg  

Last edited by silex; Mar 17, 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silex
Attached is a pic of relevant settings on a JDM IX running ALS. One note to make is that all timing tables for High Octane Ignition Map 1 to 4 are the same as the down window.
Attached? I think you forgot to attach the file.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Settings attached for JDM IX running ALS. One note to make is that all timing tables for High Octane Ignition Map 1 to 4 are the same as the one shown. Hope one of you JDM or EDM Evo's can get it working now with these settings Even better if someone can test it who doesn't have SAS hardware otherwise must wait until tonight for me to see what happens

ALS Fuel injector time is a bit hard to see. It is 4.8s.
Two of us have tried those settings on the JDM Evo 8 with no joy.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

How you sure all the tables are referencing the correct addresses? If so, what is the problem?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

How you sure all the tables are referencing the correct addresses? If so, what is the problem?

We're not sure what the problem is, but at a guess it seems the tables aren't referecing the correct addresses, even though when they are originally opened they have sensible values in.

I have had my rom changed by Oracle1 above, and he has activated and experimented with ALS on his JDM IX, as well as had them looked at by GrayW above, who is also an experienced tuner, so it's not an end user problem.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:52 PM

nevermind

Last edited by taavisev; Mar 17, 2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My brain will explode if I get back into this along with the realtime stuff, but I believe you do need the ignition retard.

* The ignition continues to fire even on the over-run.
* The fuel is injected into the inlet ports (or onto the back of the inlet valve).

-> therefore you'd have a very rich mixture (closed throttle) being ignited in the cylinder if you used normal ignition timing.

So the way I see it is that very late ignition timing combined with fuel starts the flame front in the cylinder through an open exhaust valve where it continues due to the air that is injected into the exhaust manifold.

So I think we will get a stronger anti-lag effect from longer air and fuel times, and sufficiently retarded ignition (e.g. -40 degrees but don't send me the bill for the melted exhaust valve or exhaust parts ). All I tested was a few rumbles as I didn't like it and didn't have EGT monitoring.

I think you are all on the right lines with the stuff you're posting
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Still hoping someone can verify if the addresses I referenced for the USDM IX in post# 258 are correct.

Quick Reply: Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly