Notices
ECU Flash

Wastegate Solenoid Activation RPM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
62.5% isn't all that high and you'll kind of want the WGDC higher during during spool to make spool-up faster. I have mine at 100% before spool and taper down to where I need it to be at peak boost.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 09:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
My car runs 0% WGDC until coolant temp is reached. I have my interval set to 1 BTW. So the correction is supposed to reset back to zero under certain conditions???
Did you change it to 0% from 62.5%?

Originally Posted by racer135
Is there a way to make them run lower WGDC; something like a 40% or even 0% to avoid any overboost before reaching operating temp. I would be very insterested in that. It will help a lot specially when my wife for any reason has to borrow my car. I try to avoid that like the devil to the cross but sometines it happens.
yes you can change it with the table mrfred found here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=333479

and the "Max WGDC cold engine / CEL" table for your specific ROM ID

Last edited by razorlab; Oct 7, 2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
Is there a specific table that I'm not aware of that has the default 62.5% in it? The base WGDC table defaults at 100% across the board so maybe I'm missing another table that controls WGDC before operating temp??
Old Oct 7, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

yes you can change it with the table mrfred found here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=333479

and the "Max WGDC cold engine / CEL" table for your specific ROM ID
Are you refering to the "Max WGDC vs Coolant Temp" Table? Unfortunately that table is not available on my ROM ID 96420008 so I am not sure if there is something I can do there. It should be defined somewhere I guess but according to mrfred it is not on that ROM ID. I am not sure about the "Max WGDC cold engine / CEL" table. I will have to look for that one.

Any other ideas to enable the low WGDC when cold?
Old Oct 7, 2008, 11:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
No, I am refering to the "Max WGDC cold engine / CEL" table.

96420008 I'm not sure what the address is, maybe tephra or mrfred can help
Old Oct 8, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

No, I am refering to the "Max WGDC cold engine / CEL" table.

96420008 I'm not sure what the address is, maybe tephra or mrfred can help
I search on the forums and found nothing. If someone knows the address of the “Max WGDC cold engine / CEL" table for ROM ID: 96420008 please let me know. I just look in my ECUFlash and I do not have that definition for my ROM ID. This is for a 2004 EVO 8. It may be the same as the EDM EVO.

Thanks for your help!!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Also, I noticed the error correction will hang onto the last known % adjustment until it sees a change, so if I was at +4% correction at the end of a pull...then I cruised....then got on it again it will start the next pull at +4%. Is there any way to have it reset the correction value after it sees the load or tps drop below a certain amount so I can start 'fresh' with every new pull??
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I´m having exactly the same problem in my 04 Evo 8 updated with the 94170015 rom: The TBEC STAYS until you turn off the car. I have logged this, and it makes the TBEC table almost useless. Anybody found a solution?

Last edited by Nurburgring; Jan 5, 2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
apparently its an 8 thing, hopefully razorlab can comment.

if necessary we can probably fix that restriction in my tephramods (maybe)
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
apparently its an 8 thing, hopefully razorlab can comment.

if necessary we can probably fix that restriction in my tephramods (maybe)

I believe its a 03-04 thing. 03-04 also keep WGDC at 100% until a certain point unlike 05+ that keep it at 0%.

I tune all ECU-boost cars with the upward correction set to 0. This makes it so it will only add WGDC to get back to target base WGDC and nothing more. No overshoots, etc

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Jan 5, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
I believe its a 03-04 thing. 03-04 also keep WGDC at 100% until a certain point unlike 05+ that keep it at 0%.

I tune all ECU-boost cars with the upward correction set to 0. This makes it so it will only add WGDC to get back to target base WGDC and nothing more. No overshoots, etc

That´s the same thing I´m doing. It would still be nice that the correction would reset after every run when your map is fine tuned.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 12:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Nurburgring
That´s the same thing I´m doing. It would still be nice that the correction would reset after every run when your map is fine tuned.
If the correction never "corrects" above your base WGDC, why does it matter?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
If the correction never "corrects" above your base WGDC, why does it matter?
You are the race track, 5th gear in the long straight, load overshoots by 15, WGDC correction goes -10%, next corner you´re in 2nd gear and it´s way under your load target, you lose time and power until WGDC correction actually gets back to baseline since usually upwards corrections are more moderate than downward. If it would just reset after the "episode", I´d be happier
Old Jan 6, 2009, 02:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
what ROMID doesn't reset?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Nurburgring
You are the race track, 5th gear in the long straight, load overshoots by 15, WGDC correction goes -10%, next corner you´re in 2nd gear and it´s way under your load target, you lose time and power until WGDC correction actually gets back to baseline since usually upwards corrections are more moderate than downward. If it would just reset after the "episode", I´d be happier
If you have the "Max Total Upward WGDC Correction vs TPS" table zeroed out then you can add as much upward correction in the TBEC table as you want and it will **never go above base WGDC**.

What this means is that you can make the upward correction in the TBEC table **very aggressive** and you never have to worry about overshoots or going above base WGDC. This way it will instantly correct back to base WGDC at that certain RPM if you have a negative correction and are then under target load or PSI.

You could put +50 from -2.5 to -20.0 in the TBEC table and it will add as much WGDC as possible (up to +50) to bring it back to base wgdc (very quickly as well) and nothing more.

I've tuned multiple NASA Time Trial, Autocross and Time Attack evos with this method, some of them have broken many track/course records in their class. If tuned correctly, It won't be the ECU boost error correction making the car "slower".

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Jan 8, 2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Hate to revive an old thread but has anyone figured out the correct table definition for the wastegate solenoid activation RPM for the 03-04 ROMS? The 05 ROM makes total sense. The 94170008 and 94170015 ROMs do not make sense as far as the deactivation rpms.

Quick Reply: Wastegate Solenoid Activation RPM