Notices
ECU Flash

How to MOD your ROM with NLTS or others!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2007, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait to try this!
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:25 PM

tried to save but it says I don't have permission to do so. It will let me save as a text doc but not as .xml any ideas? I have vista is that the prob?
Mitch

EDIT: tried save as.. it asks if I want to replace file (this is the edited file saved as text) I say yes, it then says Cannot create the C:\programfiles\openecu\etc.....\evo\88590013.xml file
make sure the path and file name are correct

Last edited by SpineDoc; Oct 21, 2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:57 PM

I'd make sure the file isn't opened anywhere else... otherwise try save it as a different file name and then rename to suite.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by SpineDoc
tried to save but it says I don't have permission to do so. It will let me save as a text doc but not as .xml any ideas? I have vista is that the prob?
Mitch

EDIT: tried save as.. it asks if I want to replace file (this is the edited file saved as text) I say yes, it then says Cannot create the C:\programfiles\openecu\etc.....\evo\88590013.xml file
make sure the path and file name are correct
As kayman says the file might be in use. ECUFlash is closed correct? I do notice from time to time a little bug when ECUFlash is closed whereby for a little while after it seems to hold a temporary lock on some files (seems to be last opened roms and xml files). So you might close it, wait a little while and then try again.

Also this might sound stupid...but try saving the file as a text file to the same location. This will prove that you have write access to that location (if you are running least privileges you might not have access to write there).
Old Oct 21, 2007, 07:27 PM

I waited for about 30 min. then tried to save as diff. name it tells me I don't have permission to save in this location. contact admin to get permission. Whats weird is I can save it as a text file in that location but when I add .xml after file name it tells me to shove it
Mitch
Old Oct 21, 2007, 07:33 PM

Try save it as a xml to another location that you definatly have write permissions... could be something funky with vista, you got Admin rights?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 07:56 PM

I better it's my home pc. I'll try that
Old Oct 21, 2007, 08:01 PM

booya saved to desktop ast .xml and moved it to openecu
Thanks Kayman
Old Oct 21, 2007, 08:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
bloody vista xml bull****...
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure if anyone else ran into this, after 2 hours reading the other 50 page thread I'm fried. When editing the xml file in Notepad, it saved it as a .txt file. ECUflash wouldn't open/import the txt file and I got a no definition for the new ROM file error. After arsing about with it for 10 or 15 minutes, I downloaded an XML editor, and redid the edit in that. Sure enough, it saved it as an .xml file type, and ECUflash imported it no problem, and the new mods were there. Perhaps this will help some other buffoon like me...
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kevin,

You can still use notepad to edit the XML files. Just make sure that when you save it, you don't save it as a text file (if you're doing a save as...have the file type as 'all files' and make sure you save the file as .xml). And, if you do save it as a .txt by error, just make sure that your Windows is showing file extensions and remove the .txt at the end and make sure it is .xml.

Eric
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew there was a way to do that, but after a 14 hour shift I just couldn't sort it out. I'm a dumbass.

I should also have added that without this guide, I never would have been able to pull this off this morning in my sleep deprived state. Testing on the way in to work tonight showed that everything worked as planned. Huge thanks to Tephra, Phenem, and everyone else that posted helpful information in these two threads.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

So if I want to disable NLTS, can I just put a 0 value in that column?

I noticed the NLTS, valet mode, and knock sensor all had "1" in the column, does thi mean "0" is to disable it?

Also, I was initally told by a previous tuner of mine that he had already modded my car to have the tephra NLTS mod, and I've even personallly used the valet mode, but I can't find it in the ROM file or anywhere on ECUflash, I really want to activate the knock sensor via CEL light but can't...Please help in this regard!

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Inprogress
So if I want to disable NLTS, can I just put a 0 value in that column?

I noticed the NLTS, valet mode, and knock sensor all had "1" in the column, does thi mean "0" is to disable it?

Also, I was initally told by a previous tuner of mine that he had already modded my car to have the tephra NLTS mod, and I've even personallly used the valet mode, but I can't find it in the ROM file or anywhere on ECUflash, I really want to activate the knock sensor via CEL light but can't...Please help in this regard!

Thanks
Yes input 0 to disable either of them. If you already did the valet mode then its in there. Copy the XML that tephra posted and add that to your rom id. Then you will be able to see it. You cant see it there cause your version of ecuflash doesn't have it in there unless you put it there.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Kreionic,

Thanks!! What value did you put for NLTS Speed threshold?

Quick Reply: How to MOD your ROM with NLTS or others!