Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2007, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply john, some of the pm I sent you on the mlr may be redundant now.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
9417008 - ROM download 4.1 works. All features. Used about 1/4 tank of gas switching maps. I love how the intercooler spray light flashes to let you know your in map 2. I have mine to activate within 2secs. Knock flash works...
Definitely working for me too. The only issue I had is when I first flashed the ICS immediately came on and stayed there. I freaked out for a second thinking it was the same as the first edition of the ROM but it stopped after I hit the IC button. I think the car just liked the new flash... alot.

By the way 2-stage knock flash is great! When I'm testing an update and I get the slow flash in a known problem area I can keep going (I have low knock set to 3) but I know it's there.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

K, I'll try 4.1 today.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:34 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Look what happens, I go buy an Accessport and you start coming out with this stuff!

I'm very impressed, great work!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by juyanith
Definitely working for me too. The only issue I had is when I first flashed the ICS immediately came on and stayed there. I freaked out for a second thinking it was the same as the first edition of the ROM but it stopped after I hit the IC button. I think the car just liked the new flash... alot.

By the way 2-stage knock flash is great! When I'm testing an update and I get the slow flash in a known problem area I can keep going (I have low knock set to 3) but I know it's there.
Mine did the same with the CELL blinking too right when the flash completed. I flashed back to my backup cause I thought it was an issue. I'll give that another shot tonight.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by juyanith
The only issue I had is when I first flashed the ICS immediately came on and stayed there. I freaked out for a second thinking it was the same as the first edition of the ROM but it stopped after I hit the IC button. I think the car just liked the new flash... alot.
lol... Mine did the same thing except I didn't think to hit the ICS button. I kept waiting for it to stop. Started the car... car ran fine, but was pissing all over my garage floor. I ran the resivoir dry, then flashed back to my previous flash. I'll try it again this evening and I'll monkey with the ICS button.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by laakness
Mine did the same with the CELL blinking too right when the flash completed. I flashed back to my backup cause I thought it was an issue. I'll give that another shot tonight.
sounds like you're a TephraPatchVirgin ...that's a feature it has...with a freshly patched rom the system flashes the cell for a certain amount of time. Normally stops by itself after awhile or you can hit the ics button.

Originally Posted by AutoXer
lol... Mine did the same thing except I didn't think to hit the ICS button. I kept waiting for it to stop. Started the car... car ran fine, but was ing all over my garage floor. I ran the resivoir dry, then flashed back to my previous flash. I'll try it again this evening and I'll monkey with the ICS button.
Did modify the duration for the features to come on? You were probably hitting manual because auto won't spray unless you have been driving aggressively. WHich I may add is pretty damn hard to do in your garage

Remember: Hold down "AUTO" for whatever predetermined time you have it set for in the MOD options in ecuflash
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like you're a TephraPatchVirgin
Heh, I actually had the NLTS and flash CEL on knock since they came out, just didn't have that happen yet I'm just glad I don't have to copy all the tables again...I thought I missed something
Old Dec 20, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Did modify the duration for the features to come on? You were probably hitting manual because auto won't spray unless you have been driving aggressively. WHich I may add is pretty damn hard to do in your garage
As soon as the flash finished, the sprayer came on and stayed on. I never touched the sprayer button.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 03:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
did you have "spray on knock" turned on or off? if it was on, what were your thresholds for spray (load, knock)?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
did you have "spray on knock" turned on or off? if it was on, what were your thresholds for spray (load, knock)?
I tried it both ways. I tried it again this evening. This time I fumbled with the switch... no dice. The sprayer stayed on anytime the key was in the ON position. Im going to try to load the flash as it comes in the zip file with all the stock maps.

Just for reference. I do have MUT requests 00, 01, 02 and 03 changed for logging 2 byte load and RPM. I dont think this will affect anything, just getting everything out there.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by laakness
Heh, I actually had the NLTS and flash CEL on knock since they came out, just didn't have that happen yet I'm just glad I don't have to copy all the tables again...I thought I missed something
I don't know how many times i've copied over my entire rom..and mine has quite a few additions so. I'm like a pro at it now. It's all worth it in the long run.

Originally Posted by AutoXer
As soon as the flash finished, the sprayer came on and stayed on. I never touched the sprayer button.
when I installed the V4.0 My light would stay on but the car wouldn't crank. 4.1 loaded, the cell would flash and thats it...
Old Dec 20, 2007, 05:21 PM
EvoM Guru

ok just to clear up a few things:

The flashing CEL should only flash for a max of 60 seconds (by default)

The ICS Spray should not just start spraying.. if it does then there is a problem.

After the flash the ICS light will come on automatically...
Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
The ICS Spray should not just start spraying.. if it does then there is a problem.
I flashed the unaltered v4.1 rom. The sprayer came on as soon as the flash was done. However, I fiddled with the button and it eventually stopped and seemed to work as advertised. Hmmm.... So, I flashed my altered rom(my maps) and it did the same thing. What is up with that? I didnt change anything in my altered rom.

Since this happens with the unaltered v4.1 rom, what can I do to help troubleshoot the problem?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:53 PM
EvoM Guru

oh i see...

damn this is what sux about cross porting the code, unfortunately there are subtle differences and I try and work around them but more often than not it screws up...

sux that I can't test these ROM's locally before I publish them

let me fix this and then ill post 4.2!

94170015 is almost ready as well, so ill 4.2 that once I fix this ICS spray thingy!

Quick Reply: PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)