Notices
ECU Flash

Which one; OpenPort 1.3U vs. OpenPort 1.3M for an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Which one; OpenPort 1.3U vs. OpenPort 1.3M for an EVO

I have seen the the OpenPort 1.3U which appears like it works for both Subaru and Mitsubishi and the the OpenPort 1.3M which is for Mitsubishi only. Is there any advantage or capability of one over the other, other than the car compatibility? Do they have exactly the same functionality for Mitsubishi? I am only interested in the EVO (at least for now).
Old Apr 1, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want the option to do suby's and mitsu's then get the one cable - if you only care about mitsu then get the mitsu only cable.

not sure anyone can tell you which one - its up to you
Old Apr 1, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racer135
I have seen the the OpenPort 1.3U which appears like it works for both Subaru and Mitsubishi and the the OpenPort 1.3M which is for Mitsubishi only. Is there any advantage or capability of one over the other, other than the car compatibility? Do they have exactly the same functionality for Mitsubishi? I am only interested in the EVO (at least for now).
the U cable has a voltage regulator and some other pieces needed to Flash Subarus. For Evo's it doesn't matter which one you get - they function the same.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

So I do not loose any functionality or compatibility with the U version. For just $10 more it does not sound too bad for an upgrade.