Notices
ECU Flash

Which BRAND of injectors are the easiest to work with/scale?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My reference to spray pattern is because Subarus are really sensitive to spray patterns and different years used totally different patterns/angles. If you used the wrongs ones your car really didn't run. I was pretty sure that the EVO stuff is much more standardized across the model years and that spray patterns were a non-issue as I haven't heard complaints. But I figured I'd ask.

Spray pattern is very important though, if you use an injector that sprays in the wrong direction, like into the chamber wall you are not going to have a car that runs correctly. Sometimes vendors sell the wrong injector without even knowing it because they didn't do their homework.

Anyway, thanks for all the input, I'll grab a set of PTE 880's, maybe some 2.3l pistons, rods, and valve springs while I'm at it! Mmmm stroker. I can't decide between a GT30 series turbo or a Green...
Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the buschur ones. at least you know they will back their products if anything goes wrong.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i run RC 750s and never had a problem my trims are 2%
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jid2@[BINARY]
My reference to spray pattern is because Subarus are really sensitive to spray patterns and different years used totally different patterns/angles. If you used the wrongs ones your car really didn't run. I was pretty sure that the EVO stuff is much more standardized across the model years and that spray patterns were a non-issue as I haven't heard complaints. But I figured I'd ask.

Spray pattern is very important though, if you use an injector that sprays in the wrong direction, like into the chamber wall you are not going to have a car that runs correctly. Sometimes vendors sell the wrong injector without even knowing it because they didn't do their homework.

Anyway, thanks for all the input, I'll grab a set of PTE 880's, maybe some 2.3l pistons, rods, and valve springs while I'm at it! Mmmm stroker. I can't decide between a GT30 series turbo or a Green...

I don't think you will ever spray the "chamber" wall, if you are talking about the combustion chamber..

As far as the PTE880's, why not go with 1000's? There really is no reason not to, and with the 1000's you will have the injector for *almost* whatever a sane person wants to throw at it. At least this way, you will never have to upgrade down the road.