Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V5.8 - testing help required

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Also, I have noticed something that has just started to happen the same time i put the v5.8 on my car but the keyless entry has been acting up on me. sometimes the unlock does not work, but the lock does work, and sometimes its the unlock that works, but not the lock. anyone else having that problem or is it just me? I will have to load my original rom back on and see if it goes away. i replaced the battery in the remote too btw.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, mine wont lock anymore, its not because of the rom though. Try new batteries on the keyfob. My problem is the driverside door lock solenoid just doesnt push the lock shut, it moves, just not all the way. So my horn doesnt beep beep. The EFI ecu has no connections to the door opener ecu. Also like 1/2 my dash backlights are burned out, dont work, bah mitsu...
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by silver_evo
Yeah, mine wont lock anymore, its not because of the rom though. Try new batteries on the keyfob. My problem is the driverside door lock solenoid just doesnt push the lock shut, it moves, just not all the way. So my horn doesnt beep beep. The EFI ecu has no connections to the door opener ecu. Also like 1/2 my dash backlights are burned out, dont work, bah mitsu...
yeah i was not sure, just happened at the same time i tried this v5.8 mod. I'll play around with it some more. I did try a new battery btw.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tephra -
How hard would it be to implement a failsafe into your coding? For example, the Zeitronics wideband can have a series of triggers that can be setup to trip a failsafe. How hard would it be to have a few options such as Knock Sum, AFR (if logging a wideband through the ecu), Boost (if using jdm map), Load, etc. Basically it could be setup very similair to your NTLS mod, where it looks at a few values and if they are met it enables it. These can be simple one value triggers such as: If knock is greater than 3, or they can be more complex such as: if afr is greater than 12.0 while load is greater than 200 for more than 1 second. Everyone could contribute to what they felt would be the most important. Couldn't we also use the intercooler sprayer as the output for the failsafe? One of the options is spray on knock, couldn't this output just be rewired to a relay which would trip a MAC valve, thus cutting boost? I am not to familiar with coding but I would think that alot of the sprayer features could be reused in this setup. To expand on this, if a meth system is being used with a flow sensor and the user is this through the ECU, this could also be incorporated, like the Aquamist system. I feel that this would be a great way of expanding the stock ecu even farther while helping everyone prtect their engines. Let me know what you guys think and if this is even possible.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Any thoughts on 96530006 in v5.8 or v5.9?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I changed the timing and raised nlts rpm drop (so it wouldnt drop down to the rev limiter) and works awesome, i had 2 counts of knock, my first run and 1 count the next. I think i lowered it too much, i set it at 1500 and my shift into 4th sputtered for a second before it took off. (i think the nlts rev-limit was still set), ill raise it to 1200 and should be good to go.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mfr122887
Tephra -
How hard would it be to implement a failsafe into your coding? For example, the Zeitronics wideband can have a series of triggers that can be setup to trip a failsafe. How hard would it be to have a few options such as Knock Sum, AFR (if logging a wideband through the ecu), Boost (if using jdm map), Load, etc. Basically it could be setup very similair to your NTLS mod, where it looks at a few values and if they are met it enables it. These can be simple one value triggers such as: If knock is greater than 3, or they can be more complex such as: if afr is greater than 12.0 while load is greater than 200 for more than 1 second. Everyone could contribute to what they felt would be the most important. Couldn't we also use the intercooler sprayer as the output for the failsafe? One of the options is spray on knock, couldn't this output just be rewired to a relay which would trip a MAC valve, thus cutting boost? I am not to familiar with coding but I would think that alot of the sprayer features could be reused in this setup. To expand on this, if a meth system is being used with a flow sensor and the user is this through the ECU, this could also be incorporated, like the Aquamist system. I feel that this would be a great way of expanding the stock ecu even farther while helping everyone prtect their engines. Let me know what you guys think and if this is even possible.
After a search I found this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...light=failsafe

Sorry for cluttering up this thread.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fixem2
Any thoughts on 96530006 in v5.8 or v5.9?
would like to know this as well

I have 5.1 currently.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 04:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
905550001 5.9 is being tested right now...should be up in a day or so...
Old Aug 5, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far 90550001 is working great, but I can't test all features of it, due to not having a clutch switch or autoics button.

So I believe dave has asked someone else to test those features.

But I can say, it will be worth the wait, especially when the stat rev limit function has been added too
Old Aug 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Tephra,

If you were me, would you use 5.8 or wait for 5.9 for 94170015? I could wait a bit more but not too long (week?)

BTW I have donated before. Not a ton but something.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 05:34 PM
EvoM Guru

I will let you decide, changes in 5.9 (from 5.8):

- Really fix valet lock out (ie enable valet mode and then flash disable valet mode leaves valet enabled - and ppl can't start their cars)
- Include MUT entries for various things - easier for newbie ppl that don't understand MUT stuff.

What I might do is release 5.9 today/tomorrow and slowly upload images - rather than doing 5 or 6 in one go...
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cossie1
So far 90550001 is working great, but I can't test all features of it, due to not having a clutch switch or autoics button.

So I believe dave has asked someone else to test those features.

But I can say, it will be worth the wait, especially when the stat rev limit function has been added too
It make me have this thought, how difficult it is to install a clutch switch?

Dave, can I suggest mod 5.9 come with the complete xml table? I think my xml is not up to date.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:32 PM
EvoM Guru

BarryC has done the clutch switch install. Can't be too hard..

I dont want to start distributing XML - someone else needs to take ownership for 90550001 xml and they should keep it upto date. I will include the usual XML additional stuff...
Old Aug 5, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a pretty good xml for 90550001 that I will post up together with an updated evo7base xml once the full v5.9 is out (pointless me posting my copy now, when it will need some edits in the next day or 2).

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V5.8 - testing help required