Notices
ECU Flash

Logging LC-1 with EVOScan? - help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
i have the same exact problem as the original post. i read through this thread and tried out everything. it is still reading between 3 and 5?????????????????????????
I too have the same problem . I used to log the LC1 with various Evoscan versions since more than 1 year without any problems. Last month I upgraded with Evoscan V2.5 (uninstalling the previous version with the Windows remove application menu). Since this upgrade Evoscan is only reading AFR between 3 & 5 !!
If I quit Evoscan and start Logwork or mitsulogger the AFR reading are perfectly correct between 14,7 at iddle and between 10 & 20+ during track session log

Hamish

PROBLEM FIXED :

After some more investigations (fortunately I've a log book with all mods/work done on my car) it appears that when I've upgraded in August to Evoscan V2.5 , I also :
- installed new RC750 injectors
- free air recalibrated the LC1 (using the LC1 recalibration push button)

and - bingo - starting from that day AFR in Evoscan starts reading between 3 - 5 ! readings with Logworks still being OK !

I checked the LC1 parameter using the LM programmer sw and found that the LC1 'fuel type' parameter was for some mysterious reason changed from 'gasoline' to a strange 'custom' value ! The bug is thus in the LC1 firmware and not in Evoscan
... and the fix was already in this post
Conclusion : Everytime your do a LC1 free air calibration : check the 'fuel type' parameter with LM prog.

Last edited by fil78; Sep 16, 2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: problem fixed
Old Sep 16, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

fil78, this error tends to happen if you disconnect the LC1 while the power is still on. Example: Disconnect the LC1 from the XD1 while the power is connected and you will get this error.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Is this any different for the LC-1 / XD-1 setup with the serial connected to the head phone jack? Mine is always plugged in, all the wires are in the dash and pillar, with the serial adapter sneaking out of the passenger side. IE: you cannot easily get to any of this stuff.

Not going to work with evoscan? Sorry this is the first variant of ES that I have actually gotten working. I have been using LW for a long time. And I don't have to do anything. I just plug the serial into a keyspan, pop it into the laptop and everything works.

What do I have to do different now? Unplug the XD-1? I'd shove the additional output into the ecu but its already being used by maftpro.

So... ? Am I just f'd in the a? Or can I split the extra output between the pro and the stock ecu? I finally got ES to connect and log consistently but no WB.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fil78
I too have the same problem . I used to log the LC1 with various Evoscan versions since more than 1 year without any problems. Last month I upgraded with Evoscan V2.5 (uninstalling the previous version with the Windows remove application menu). Since this upgrade Evoscan is only reading AFR between 3 & 5 !!
If I quit Evoscan and start Logwork or mitsulogger the AFR reading are perfectly correct between 14,7 at iddle and between 10 & 20+ during track session log

Hamish

PROBLEM FIXED :

After some more investigations (fortunately I've a log book with all mods/work done on my car) it appears that when I've upgraded in August to Evoscan V2.5 , I also :
- installed new RC750 injectors
- free air recalibrated the LC1 (using the LC1 recalibration push button)

and - bingo - starting from that day AFR in Evoscan starts reading between 3 - 5 ! readings with Logworks still being OK !

I checked the LC1 parameter using the LM programmer sw and found that the LC1 'fuel type' parameter was for some mysterious reason changed from 'gasoline' to a strange 'custom' value ! The bug is thus in the LC1 firmware and not in Evoscan
... and the fix was already in this post
Conclusion : Everytime your do a LC1 free air calibration : check the 'fuel type' parameter with LM prog.
mine is selected for gasoline. i don't knwo wat my problem is??!?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:20 PM

mine is selected for gasoline. i don't knwo wat my problem is??!?
maybe the issue fixem2 was mentionning above ?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

hm. maybe i will try another free air calibration and see waht happens???
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:00 PM

hm. maybe i will try another free air calibration and see waht happens???
Yep and after check with the LM Prog utility that the fuel type is setted to 'gasoline'

Update : Hamish has just confirmed me that he has also found this issue with the LC1 after free air calibration.
To prevent it in the next release of Evoscan he has added a new recalibration feature in evoscan that does a free air calibration and sets to 14.7 gasoline at the same time
Old Sep 18, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

sick. when does that version come out??
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fil78
Yep and after check with the LM Prog utility that the fuel type is setted to 'gasoline'

Update : Hamish has just confirmed me that he has also found this issue with the LC1 after free air calibration.
To prevent it in the next release of Evoscan he has added a new recalibration feature in evoscan that does a free air calibration and sets to 14.7 gasoline at the same time
So what steps cause the issue to happen? Just doing a free air calibration? I know I've done a few in the last year and didn't have issues.

Please elaborate.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Can't wait for the LC-1 love release I have gotten mine to work just fine though. My issue was in the LM Programmer. I had never switched it from custom setting to gasoline
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by laakness
So what steps cause the issue to happen? Just doing a free air calibration? I know I've done a few in the last year and didn't have issues.

Please elaborate.
yes just doing a free air (in my case using the LC1 calibration push button) and it MAY randomly happen (did it 2 or 3 times in the past without problems).
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

tried logging mine today, had to do 2 free air calibrations and then it still didn't work. kept messing up. then my computer got a virus so i need to fix my computer. do u think VISTA is giving me all my trouble?

i cna switch the numbers for my com ports, my laptop has 4 usb conections on it. i can select basicly any number from 1-12 to label them..
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

update.

I have tried many times to log my Lc-1 via EvoScan. I have tried EvoScan V2.3 as well as 2.5

It will conect but will not give me a reading at the external wideband a/f column. I just tried it multiple times. I have tried switches the cable to the different spots on my laptop and also tried changing the COM numbers. None of which have worked. One thing i do notice is that when i have my engine off, ignition on and engage the link using evoscan on the right hand side where it give you notes, it says...

INOVATE WIDEBAND STATUS
then inside the box it says... O2 level 20.1%.

this is correct since this is what my wideband is reading since the car hasn't been run in a few days and i have still yet to start it.

i have had my wideband for over a month and have been able to conect it to LogWorks easily and also made sure Gasoline 14.7 is selected. yet no luck... this has been going on too long and im gettin frusturated.

Any other ideas, i have read this whole thread over and over yet none of the solutions solve my issue.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

bump.. still no solution, is it windows vista? can other log using vista?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

I just had a the same issue w/ the ZT-2, and I just kept un-installing/reinstalling 2.5 and setting the COM ports and on the 5th time... it worked... if your using the USB serial adapter, it says to use COM 3-8, and w/ just the serial use 1, but 3 and 4 didnt work for me, tried 1, and it worked... IDK. hope that helps... (using Vista)
keep trying...

Last edited by nonschlont; Oct 1, 2008 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Logging LC-1 with EVOScan? - help