Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 06:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
you must be running more than 8 psi

i would like to re-itterate that users should be doing their own due-diligence in terms of testing and logging.

since i no longer have a CT9A I cannot test any of this code myself anymore, hence why I have released quite a few test's
Old May 10, 2009, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
you must be running more than 8 psi

i would like to re-itterate that users should be doing their own due-diligence in terms of testing and logging.

since i no longer have a CT9A I cannot test any of this code myself anymore, hence why I have released quite a few test's
I am running a 14b turbo with the wastegate nipple run directly to the j-pipe nipple, and my boost gauge hold 8psi steady
Old May 10, 2009, 06:32 PM
EvoM Guru

oh ok.

maybe your MAF scaling is different to evo's so you might be hitting higher loads.

get a log anyways
Old May 10, 2009, 06:37 PM

I have my maf scaled for a 2g eclipse maf. .... I actually copied them over from my 9927 rom. I'll get a log and post it up tomorrow evening
Old May 10, 2009, 10:47 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
So I loaded the evoscan stuff in my data.xml file and then when I went to re-arrange the order it has an error that says "Index was outside the bounds of the array" so I assumed it was a coding mistake so I removed what i added. Now it still says it. It DEFINITELY let me edit the list prior to this cuz I just did it 2 days ago. Any ideas?
Originally Posted by phenem
Same exact problem here, it logs fine but it does give me the exact same error.

Also every now and then the 1 byte load will jump either really high for 1 data point and go back to normal or really low for 1 data point. Any ideas?
I was getting this after switching to V6. Spent an hour starting with fresh evoscan defs and everything is working as-normal now (and I found a few errors). Might not be a bad idea to start fresh now and then

Originally Posted by tom04841
I have my maf scaled for a 2g eclipse maf. .... I actually copied them over from my 9927 rom. I'll get a log and post it up tomorrow evening
Setting it to the maximum value and changing the timer to something like 30000ms should help if you want that completely disabled.
Old May 11, 2009, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by tephra
oh ok.

maybe your MAF scaling is different to evo's so you might be hitting higher loads.

get a log anyways
Ok, reloaded 9563 v7.5 and maxed out boost limit table and boost cut delay to 30000ms, and did the same thing....this time i got a log. It is towards the end of the log when it happens...I had to wait for traffic to clear so i could pull out onto the road.

Quick background: 96 Galant: 2.4l soch, 2g eclipse maf, 450cc inj, 14b turbo at 8 psi. Maf scaling and inj scaling are set correctly

I don't think I can post a file here for some reason, so here is the link to the log and rom : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...4e75f6e8ebb871

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by tom04841; May 11, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old May 11, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you full throttle during the log you posted? It is a very small log file and the only TPS above 20% I see is around 50% and around 3100 RPM you lift? Is this what you are actually doing?

Your map looks fine but your log shows a different story....being your not running this on an EVO it's hard to say what is going on....

EDIT: Are those the timing maps your are using on your other map as well? You are only hitting 150 load and with this car not being an EVO it's hard to say what is actually happening. Is the car breaking up or just falling on it's face like it is shutting off?

Last edited by phenem; May 11, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old May 11, 2009, 04:05 PM

I was not full throttle. I was only around 1/2 throttle during the important part of the log. I think I lifted off the pedal out of reflex when the problem started.

The timing maps are very close to the other rom that runs fine. maybe a degree different here and there.

The car actually falls on its face. The pull feels nice and smooth, then it starts to sputter around 3000 rpms. If i ease into it say 1/4 throttle, it will build revs and be pretty smooth. It seems like its a load based issue .

There are quite a few 2g Eclipse's running this rom without a problem. And my galant is setup just like the 2g eclipse. If it were an issue with my car/setup, don't you think it would act up no matter what rom I was running?

Like I've said before, 9927 runs great. If it weren't for all the patches and mods available for 9563, I wouldn't even be bothering to try to get this rom running
Old May 11, 2009, 04:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was not full throttle. I was only around 1/2 throttle during the important part of the log. I think I lifted off the pedal out of reflex when the problem started.

The timing maps are very close to the other rom that runs fine. maybe a degree different here and there.

The car actually falls on its face. The pull feels nice and smooth, then it starts to sputter around 3000 rpms. If i ease into it say 1/4 throttle, it will build revs and be pretty smooth. It seems like its a load based issue .

There are quite a few 2g Eclipse's running this rom without a problem. And my galant is setup just like the 2g eclipse. If it were an issue with my car/setup, don't you think it would act up no matter what rom I was running?

Like I've said before, 9927 runs great. If it weren't for all the patches and mods available for 9563, I wouldn't even be bothering to try to get this rom running
If you are using a wideband, it would be helpful to know what the AFR is doing at that time.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
If you are using a wideband, it would be helpful to know what the AFR is doing at that time.
I have a wb02, but haven't installed it yet....its on the to do list.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:08 PM
EvoM Guru

yeah you really need a wideband...
Old May 11, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

I actually don't know of anyone using this version of the Tephra mods on a 2g, I just am not sure it has been tested at this point but I could be wrong. The first step might be to post in the evo8 ecu thread and see if anyone has moved up to this yet. Which 9653 roms have you tried? I have personally verified that stock and 5.10 9653 roms work on my car but I haven't played with this version. In fact I went to look at your rom and I can't even open it, apparently I need to read more about how to set up the xml but I just saw your post and wanted to help. I copied the xml from the rom I downloaded on page 40-something into the evo folder and renamed it to 96530706. It still didn't work so maybe I'll read more about how to do it right later.

Have you tried using the rom that I sent you? I know it was a bit fubared because I sent you the current rom that I've been using where I had been chasing down some phantom knock but it should have been fine (only a few degrees of timing pulled from 2500rpm-3500 at 120-160 load).

The only weirdness that I see in your log is the sudden timing drop of 35* to -10* at around :45 I don't see any knock that would cause this and the only area of the map that looks like close to that (stock-like maps) is >180 load and < 1500RPM and this appears at 2750RPM. Minimum timing for that row appears at -8* at 260 load. Now I am a little bit new at tuning but that seems a bit odd to me.

Lastly I didn't see any load logged, is that because I'm still logging with 2byte load and you are using something else or did you not log load at all? The main reason is that jjgrizz (not sure on his name) reported some odd load characteristics (inversion) with load on the 94170015 rom and I wondered if you might have be running into something similar.
Old May 12, 2009, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by the_mork
I actually don't know of anyone using this version of the Tephra mods on a 2g, I just am not sure it has been tested at this point but I could be wrong. The first step might be to post in the evo8 ecu thread and see if anyone has moved up to this yet. Which 9653 roms have you tried? I have personally verified that stock and 5.10 9653 roms work on my car but I haven't played with this version. In fact I went to look at your rom and I can't even open it, apparently I need to read more about how to set up the xml but I just saw your post and wanted to help. I copied the xml from the rom I downloaded on page 40-something into the evo folder and renamed it to 96530706. It still didn't work so maybe I'll read more about how to do it right later.

Have you tried using the rom that I sent you? I know it was a bit fubared because I sent you the current rom that I've been using where I had been chasing down some phantom knock but it should have been fine (only a few degrees of timing pulled from 2500rpm-3500 at 120-160 load).

The only weirdness that I see in your log is the sudden timing drop of 35* to -10* at around :45 I don't see any knock that would cause this and the only area of the map that looks like close to that (stock-like maps) is >180 load and < 1500RPM and this appears at 2750RPM. Minimum timing for that row appears at -8* at 260 load. Now I am a little bit new at tuning but that seems a bit odd to me.

Lastly I didn't see any load logged, is that because I'm still logging with 2byte load and you are using something else or did you not log load at all? The main reason is that jjgrizz (not sure on his name) reported some odd load characteristics (inversion) with load on the 94170015 rom and I wondered if you might have be running into something similar.
I stand corrected....I thought as fast as you guys are progressing with the swap, you were running the most current version. I logged 1byte load.

I will give 9563 v5.10 a shot and post up results.
Old May 12, 2009, 03:50 AM

I was just comparing 9653 v5.10 to 9563 v7.5, and in the ecu periphery faa bits, *timing knockdown on light acceleration < 3000rpms* is enabled on the v7.5 rom.

What does this do ( obviously drops timing but by how much), and do you think it it could be causing my issue?
Old May 12, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

What do you have on pin91? IIRC this is the pin for the ICS which alters altmap behavior, mine has a park/neutral circuit that I haven't removed but maybe I need to. If you have something there then perhaps you need to remove it because you are ending up on an altmap that has been messed with.

NM I just checked mine and I have ICS mods disabled, try checking to make sure that ICS does not trigger altmap in your mods.

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!