ECU Flash

High Fuel Consumption with 88840013 ROM after reprogramming my ECU

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Fuel Consumption 88840013 modified ECU

Hi guys,

I need your help with one problem that I encounter about the car fuel consumption which is extremely high (around 9,25 gallon:1 in urban areas with no excessive driving and around 3,96 gallon:1 out of town, with the average speed of 87 miles/h).

Please tell me if this can happend because some wrong modifications of the ECU or because some bad misunderstanding of the mods installed on the car.

Thank you for your time reading this and I will be grateful to all of you for helping me with this.

Take care

Last edited by Danieln; Apr 1, 2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Text simplification
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

That's gonna take a while to digest.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Danieln
HKS Super SQV (Super Sequential Blow Off Valve). In order to keep more heat into the exhaust I use exhaust insulating wrap by Thermo-Tec and I wrap the headers. After these changes I test the car on Dyno. The computer shows that I gain more bhp (305 bhp). Then I decide to reprogram the ECU unit of the car in order to change the parameters inside with all the parameters of the equipment that I install on my car. I made a short list with all equipment changed and I send the ECU to Gaetmo Motorsport in Germany toghether with the list mentioned before. I recieve the modified ECU after 2 weeks. The first and the final impression is that the car is more powerfull than before but I want to point some personal feelings about the car. Until 3000 RPMs the thorque or the power response is lower comparing with the response that I have until the ECU modifications. After 3000 RPMs I feel a very powerfull boost from turbo and the car acts to brutal from my point of view. The turbo pressure indicator from the dashboard in full throttle shows 1,5 Bar in fourth or second gear speed. Also I noticed from time to time some idling issues as engine stalling or stumbling associated with sudden imbalances in air/fuel ratio and the engine stoped every time when stoped at a light or I was backing into a space or if I was braking hard. I was again to test the car to Dyno and the power curve result was higher than before so it was raised until 349 bhp from 305 bhp, value that it was until the ECU modifications. I personally do not believe in this Dyno equipment that gave these results but this is the only that i know in my city. On the papers that the Dyno computer gave me, the torque was better than before also. After this test I`ve tried to resolv the idling issues that I mentioned before. After some testings, my tuner recommended to install a electronic idling stabilizer from HKS called EIDS Type K
The issue is a combo of the first and last items in the quote above.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

You suggest to give up the EIDS or to try to set up it again more accurate?I realy think that something inside the settings of the ECU is the problem.I send my map to somebody over here which deals with the settings of the cars and he said that my setup is very poor inside my ECU. My boost offset is increased with 0,2 bar and the limit pressure is also increased from 1,45 (1,2 bar) to 1.60 (1.4 bar).This is the only changed settings that he found inside my map.The rest of the map is stock.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
could be incorrectly wired eids or o2 sensor issue , get it mapped properly too.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Todd. About the O2 sensor how I can check if it`s working in proper values?
What I jnow is that after i change the exhaust I have a daschboard light as checkengine allways open.THis is because I dont have catalyst .Behind the old place of the catalytic converter I have one sensor but after the change I think the values from the ECU are different that the values that this sensor is reading. Its possible???

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
use evoscan log the fr o2 sensor it should read between 0.1 and 0.9 volts up and down continuously.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Todd,

I will do this and I will reply back to you

Thanks for your suport man!!

Take care!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

I've been active in the german evo-community for like 4 years now and I don't think I've ever heard Gatmo Motorsport mentioned in regards to anything evo-related...

What led you to them to begin with?

I'm not saying they don't know what they're doing, I'm sure they are professional... Just seems that going for a mail-in flash couldn't ever come close to either tuning yourself or physically visiting a tuner to get work done...

Last edited by germanracing; Mar 1, 2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

Hallo "germanracing",

I understand your point of view and you are right. It was my mistake that I present the problem like this because after reading this thred, everyone can understand that Gaetmo keep the blame for my problem. Not at all. I apologize for this and I want to say few things about this. I complete this in order to clear my mistake for people who knows who and what Gaetmo is doing in this field.

I hope I will be able to find and to fix my problem soon with somebody`s help.

Have a geat Day!

Last edited by Danieln; Apr 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Text simplification
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Isn't there a forum rule about posting vendor maps, or even images of them?

I do hope you sort it out though. I dont want to be the party pooper! :-)
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Hi Martin,

If I did something wrong by posting those pictures please tell me.

I made it today from my ROM witch is something modified but not from a vendor maps I think.

I don`t want to do something that can bring repercussions to this forum.

As far I know my modified maps are not under copyright but you know better than me.

Last edited by Danieln; Apr 1, 2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Text simplification
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Hi Martin,

I delete the pictures

If someone will want to help me it will help without any pictures added.

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

you got pm
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

If you made the map yourself then there is no problem at all, you just gave the impression that they were from the tuner.

Quick Reply: High Fuel Consumption with 88840013 ROM after reprogramming my ECU