Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan + Logging AEM UEGO = Arghh!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, so here's my problem for the past 2 day's now I've been trying to get this to work so i can send my AFR logs to Chris @ Mellon NOTHING WORKS..

I tried a Dynex Serial > USB , cut the Head and soldered the (WIRES) together number 2(orange to AEM BLUE) and the #5 black to my Ground in the car here below

(IS THIS OK FOR A COMMON GROUND ?)

Then when I turn on Evoscan(version 2.6 beta 16_) it reconize that port is on like COM 2 or 8 (dosent matter),
but it dosen't log it when I clik the WDB anyway's

Now I downloaded Hyperterminal ( cause i have Vista ) That Never worked either.. never seen any reading

now DAY 2, ive read more on EvoM and they say that DYNEX was no good, so I scraped it and tried again with the Radioshack cable ( NEXTEK...SOMETHING ) maybe I understood wrong so I tried this ?

AGAIN - my compt. reconizes a serial port( COM 2 ) but no logs with Hyperterminal and nothing on Evoscan WTF do I do now ????

I spent like $80 cables and 2 day's trying to figure this out no log and no more patients...

PLEASE HELP.. send me STEP by STEP pictures someone..

Thanks

Last edited by GBAILEY472; Jul 15, 2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
It recognizes a serial port? Did the serial to usb come with a disk for drivers? What version of Evo Scan are you using? Did you ensure you selected the AEM UEGO and correct Com port in Evo Scan?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
It recognizes a serial port? Did the serial to usb come with a disk for drivers? What version of Evo Scan are you using? Did you ensure you selected the AEM UEGO and correct Com port in Evo Scan?
Yes.. my comp, reconizes a serial port (COM 2).. YES .. I installed the drivers there called PROLIFICT or something like that, Evoscan version 2.6 beta 16, YES selected (COM 2 ) in Evoscan ... ???? I read all the post on EVOM to LOL !!!
Please help..
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Are the 2 wires fully seated in the d-sub connector? Before I soldered mine I had a problem with them slipping out with just the crimping.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

here ... is this ok ?

Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

It looks like you soldered them in there pretty good. Take a multimeter and make sure you are getting continuity from the d-sub connector when your gauge is on.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

I cut a serieal cable in half and just twisted the wires blue -> correct pin color wire with no ground and it works. Took a bit to figure out which wire had continuity to the pin i cared about. My multi meter probes are too big to fit in the holes. Paperclips came to the rescue.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:13 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

If you get nothing in Hyper Terminal, you more than likely didn't solder the wires into the correct pins.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Ok. so I went out and tested with a multimeter.... Im getting no reading with the blue wire from my AEM guage ??? and I grounded the multimeter to the door...

What is the problem and how do i fix it ?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Cmon guy's someone has to have the answer ???
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have been talking to hamish about this. He doesn't have a uego local so i don't think he has done much testing with them.

I have been suffering from the same problem and it is incredibly annoying. I ddefinitely think it is an evoscan problem as hyperterm and mitsulogger have no issues with the uego.

Hopefully hamish can chime in with some advice.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

If you arent getting any signal from the d-sub then it isn't wired correctly. You either have the wires in the wrong places, a bad ground or bad connections.

Check out this post by me:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/5108726-post49.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/5159831-post59.html
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Go_Lancer_Go
Okay so im ready to pull my hair out...

Im trying to datalog my car with wideband but im not having any luck and get fully annoyed/frustrated in the process. FYI, i have searched via google and evom, stayed up till 1:30am and no dice!

Im getting this error...

Info: Initialize Vehicle ECU...
Info: Initializing At 5 baud...
Info: Initialization Complete...
Info: Waiting for INIT Response...
Info: ECU ID: XXXX
Info: Connection successful...
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Info: Datalogger Ended.

Apparently no one has any real solution except try a older version BUT I could not for the life of me find a freaking older version! Im using the new evoscan 2.6 beta, i think on my mac i have evoscan 2.5 but ive read ppl with 2.5 are having issues too. They say use like 2.2 or 2.3, i dunno....

I know the wideband is reading b/c I used terminal and im getting data stream (its pretty cool i gotta say) when i saw data stream coming i was like "perfect, k lets log and then ill see if i can see wideband" i plugged in the tatrix cable, that appeared on comport 5, i hit start and its like "link engaged" then BAM all of a sudden its like "link disengaged" and it shows the error

Im using a acer netbook, it has 3 USB ports (comport 5,6 and 7) . I know i have the right port cause I originally only plugged in the USB2Serial cable and it was on com port 7 and under the wideband i made sure to choose that port (there was a dot next to it to show i selected it)

Im ready to do Accessport lol!! Guru's please chime in!
I only get this error if I am trying to log a certain parameter which has no formula inputed to calculate such said parameter. Just untick anything that doesn't have a formula and try that.. if you need that parameter then find someone with a correct formula to log that.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline06
I only get this error if I am trying to log a certain parameter which has no formula inputed to calculate such said parameter. Just untick anything that doesn't have a formula and try that.. if you need that parameter then find someone with a correct formula to log that.
it only does it when i attempt to log the uego.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Which box are you ticking to log your UEGO?

Quick Reply: EvoScan + Logging AEM UEGO = Arghh!!!