Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the roms good to go for a stock car? Flashed the appropriate rom with everything except flashing cel disabled and it runs decent. When I get to high rpm or try to boost the cel starts flashing quickly.

Last edited by LordCthulu; May 20, 2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old May 20, 2021, 11:40 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by LordCthulu
How do I disable the immobilizer through tephra mod? My ecu is friend and can't get my code off it. I got a new ecu and trying to flash a stock rom so I flashed tephramod but the car just cranks and won't turn over. I don't see an option to disable it in the immobilizer section on ecuflash.
Do some research and you will figure it out. Nobody should give you a straight answer on this because your question is basically "How do I make it super-duper easy to steal your cars?" . Sorry, I'm not implying you are up to anything bad, but this is the internet.
Old May 20, 2021, 11:46 AM

Are the roms good to go for a stock car? Flashed the appropriate rom with everything except flashing cel disabled and it runs decent. When I get to high rpm or try to boost the cel starts flashing quickly.
No, it's not meant to be an off the shelf tune. The CEL if flashing because you're getting knock.
Old May 20, 2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
No, it's not meant to be an off the shelf tune. The CEL if flashing because you're getting knock.
Where can I get a stock rom then? Just looking for 94170015 and this was the only place I found a working download
Old May 20, 2021, 12:15 PM

Where can I get a stock rom then? Just looking for 94170015 and this was the only place I found a working download

https://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/File:94170015.zip
Old May 21, 2021, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so can anyone tell me what getting the code po 110 I believe it was. Intake circuit malfunction.

Car is having a bad lean tip in issue. Ive been through one original GM IAT sensor as well as another one i had sitting around while waiting for a new one to arrive and tried that one and code still persisted.

So then I decided to try fuel temp input instead of intake air temp. It did help out my issue some what but lean tip in issue has still been there.

Car is in the middle of being tuned some what. Cant find a tuner right now thats not booked so going to be calling around shortly for a email tune for now. Car was dyno'd not long ago but i had some new build stuff to tighten up and got a better fuel pump and bigger injectors in it.

Scaling the injectors hasnt changed my air fuel at all so something is going on, Tried leaning out whole map a point just to see if i can get it to change but nothing. Im not a tuner by any means i just try and figure it out.

So curious if anyone out there has any ideas or directions to point me in ? lol
Old May 24, 2021, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
??? how did you get the download? Every time I click one of the rom files it says it cant find the page.
Old May 25, 2021, 06:08 AM

??? how did you get the download? Every time I click one of the rom files it says it cant find the page.
Dark web magic

The files are still being hosted, but the links are broken. If you use the way back machine you can find earlier versions of the site and just copy paste the working links from there.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I<3myevo6
Sorry to wakeup an old tread, I own an Evo 4 with 560CC injectors, I have recently acquired a Evo 7 ECU(MR 560648) and wish to run the Tephra ROM, can anyone share a perfectly compatible ROM for the same, It would be really helpful and my email is Sharewithraj@hotmail.com.. Thanks in advance..

90550701 should be the V7 Tephra ROM.
The following users liked this post:
I<3myevo6 (Aug 24, 2021)
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:12 PM

I had my Evo IX tuned by tuner, I went back to my stock file. I saved the custom tuned file using ECUFlash but it saved it as an .srf file. When I open the file in ECUflash, there's no maps and I get the Unknown ROM Image pop up.

From my research I am guessing I do not have the necessary xml definitions? I tried finding the definitions but the links all seem to be dead and I am having problems trying to find other sources for the files.

Can anyone help me with this? Or am I doing this completely wrong?

ROM is 88590015

Last edited by evo_shibby; Oct 14, 2021 at 12:11 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 01:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you know for sure it's tephra v7? If so, you need to place the xml definition in the rom metadata folder for ECUFlash. You can get the tephra stuff at https://www.tephra.it/Evo7-9-V7/ .
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Segfault
Do you know for sure it's tephra v7? If so, you need to place the xml definition in the rom metadata folder for ECUFlash. You can get the tephra stuff at https://www.tephra.it/Evo7-9-V7/ .
I added all of those XML files to the rom metadata folder. My tuner sent me a revised file but it's in .bin form now, so that's good.

I still can't open it in ECUFlash, I get this pop up for Unknown ROM Image, slightly different than it was with the .srf file.

I am wondering if my tune file is locked? I am not knowledgeable enough in determining that. Here's a copy of my file if anyone can guide me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oxk...ew?usp=sharing

Old Oct 16, 2021, 04:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_shibby
I added all of those XML files to the rom metadata folder. My tuner sent me a revised file but it's in .bin form now, so that's good.

I still can't open it in ECUFlash, I get this pop up for Unknown ROM Image, slightly different than it was with the .srf file.

I am wondering if my tune file is locked? I am not knowledgeable enough in determining that. Here's a copy of my file if anyone can guide me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oxk...ew?usp=sharing
.bin and .srf will both load fine, the issue looks like you suspect, the tune is locked. Someone changed the ROM identifier and it won't pull the data.

You can change it back with a hex editor, or just have a retune done.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Project_Broke
.bin and .srf will both load fine, the issue looks like you suspect, the tune is locked. Someone changed the ROM identifier and it won't pull the data.

You can change it back with a hex editor, or just have a retune done.
Thanks!

I downloaded HxD, is there something I should look for to unlock or change the ROM identifier?

I'm at the point where I just want to figure out how to open this ROM in ECUFlash because I've been trying to figure it out and research it on EvoM lol. I may not do anything with it but now it's just a matter of finishing what I started lol

Last edited by evo_shibby; Oct 16, 2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Check out address 0x0F52 through 0x0F55 . That's essentially what ECUFlash will read as your Internal ID. So set that to the appropriate one and you should be good.
The following 2 users liked this post by Segfault:
EMR88 (Oct 19, 2021), Project_Broke (Oct 18, 2021)

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7