Notices

Evoscan Navigator in Evo X? Yes please !!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
where have all the experts gone from evom? this thread is a speculation fest lol. I think they all moved over to evoxforums.
Really? There’s Tephra, Fosti, Golden, Jumperalex, etc. and of course you! Jumperalex is the only one to come to my aid as I was having many “getting started” type of issues, thank you Jumperalex! I find it humorous that the product's developer get’s on the forum to complain about the lack of expert advice LOL. Must I endure the inane comments of folks like “Hotdog” on the other site?

As mentioned earlier I have run into problems getting the circular bar gauge to work in v2.2. I have converted the “Carbon1.txt”, “Carbon2.txt”, and “evoscan1.txt” to run on v2.1 and I am pleased with the results, I will post the files when I am finished. I did find an irritating bug in v2.1 so I may revert to the earlier v2.0.

From the lack of response to my earlier post can I assume that I am the only one experiencing this problem?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Expert? to quote Clay Davis, "sheeeeeeeeiiiiit" Im' no expert, I just have time on my hands and fortunatly had just gone through setting up my EvoGPS on my new X so it was fresh in my memory. It helped that I had also already gone through setting it up on my VIII a few years earlier.

That said, if I had a nit to pick, evoscan ... you probably do need to do a better job of ensuring the SD cards you send out have all the latest defintions (I think Golden is a big help for you here with his database). No one likes to get their nice new shiney $3xx toy only to find out they need to troll the intertubes looking for their cars definition. It also might not be a bad idea to have a single download available for users to update their definitions (both for parms and guages).

I can't be telling you something you don't already know but really a bit of time spent on the admin right now can free up a lot of time in the future for you to continue doing the excellent work you do on the executables. Just my 2 cents from someone who was selling a product to the DSM crowd (1 million times less cooler than what you are selling) back in the day and knows what a demanding bunch we can be ;-)

I'm a fan, but fans can also be critics, so hopefully you don't take any of this personally
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Oh and as to your gauges ... yeah I am not having problems but I'm also not really USING the gauges actively right now nor am I using circular gauges. I tend to make gauges for specific uses like tuning boost and then put it away for everyday. I don't use mine as a gauge pack, I use it for tuning help. Unlike SPN27 I don't feel like schlepping my laptop out to run some datalogs. I will either use EvoGPS or direct OpenPort2.0 logging to SD.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Of the experts you listed, I believe I am the only one with the Nav.

I build my graph, stuck it in my car and have been using it ever since. I have yet to upgrade my software. I got an email from Hamish back in December of last year to test a bug fix that I reported earlier. I have yet to test it / upgrade. (Sorry Hamish)

I'm not sure if I would be much help until I use the new software.

So... who does that leave to help you?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

?? I will have you know that I most certainly do have the Nav you scoundrel ;P
Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:34 PM

I love this EvoScan Nav. I have been using it a lot. I run the GPS in order to travel, and when I get there, I run EvoScan at the track. I have managed to make a Shift Light (as seen at [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofe8EpkvFrs[url]). The only thing I miss is a more complex (multi-variable) alarm system, so I can warn afr too lean or knock conditions. Also, the clear DTC would be nice.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Golden
....So... who does that leave to help you?
Hamish but I think I burned that bridge.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 05:18 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
nah its the ECU rate limiting the CAN requests... presumably for the particular protocol we are using... KWP2000/SSF14230

I have tried a few times - although unsucessfully - to speed it up..
hmm, but the EvoX rate is 500kbps, that is mad fast. compared to MUT of 15kbps, yet the openport 1.3U cables operate faster at 170samples per second.

is there some ecu rate unlimited commands
Old Mar 7, 2011, 05:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
the problem isn't the bus speed.

its the protocol.

KWP2000/14230 calls for specific timing intervals on packet requests..

this slows it down.

thats my best guess anyways...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 09:17 PM

Hi everyone!

Here's a video of my device working.
I'm using version PPC2.1 with Template2 (custom edition) from version 1.7, I worry about the low speed - in Evoscan mode, sampling rate does not exceed 58/sec, provided that requested a total of 8 parameters. In Gauge mode, the frequency drops to 23/sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fLCXLQMaM4

When I tick SST temp for logging, it reduces the frequency to 3, and the activity lamp on bundle, blinks with 1 sec delay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqEXeH7NUng
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:28 AM
Silver Sponsor

SPN27, did you follow the speed enhancement guide on the gpsnav webpage?

basically it says tick the Show Readings off, and set gauge display only (v2.2+)

yes SST is makes it slower if you tick it, it is just beta.

and if you are using OBDII software, it is 15 samples/sec... count yourself very lucky for this speed of 58/sec this is very fast. Tephra will make it faster with new EvoX mod roms.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by evoscan
SPN27, did you follow the speed enhancement guide on the gpsnav webpage?

basically it says tick the Show Readings off, and set gauge display only (v2.2+)

yes SST is makes it slower if you tick it, it is just beta.

and if you are using OBDII software, it is 15 samples/sec... count yourself very lucky for this speed of 58/sec this is very fast. Tephra will make it faster with new EvoX mod roms.
Thanks for the quick Reply!

I have: Mod23 enabled; O.P.2.0; Mode23 2008 JDM EVOX, Metric (km / h, deg C)
I have ticked only: Auto start logger, auto show gauges.

If it's only a beta version, it means that the problem WILL BE solved, then it calms down
And another thing, "Load" - at the peaks is shown more than 200%!?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:16 AM
Silver Sponsor

yes but you are only running v2.1

v2.2beta runs faster, because we noticed the same things, and made it faster.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:55 PM

v2.2beta runs faster
I beg to differ with you!
I tried the 2.2 beta, ticking only 8 parameters, sampling rate not exceeds 22!
Such speed I have on v.2.1 in Gauge mode!
Templates do not work, but now it's not a problem for me, I've learned to modify the * txt files!)
After turning off the ignition, the device does not see my cable, I have to do a hard reset!
When do you intend to release the full version 2.2?
Old May 3, 2011, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Which txt files do I need to edit in order to get this to work with my evo x? I've already got mode23 enable as I've logged with evoscan on my laptop and everything seems to work fine there. Just can't get anything to work with the evoscan gpsnav. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Evoscan Navigator in Evo X? Yes please !!!