Notices
ECU Flash

Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:52 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
yeah, thanks donner, you explained it perfectly, thats exactly how it works.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 06:05 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
PM me if you want a copy of EvoScan v2.9 beta to contribute to the further discovery of the Eval Formula functions for all these new EvoScan v2.9 ACD data items... Special Thanks to Aidan for the use of his Evo for testing, wouldn't be possible without his keen understanding of the Evo ACD units. Hopefully a new ecuflash ACD xml will be released by all you guys testing sometime in the next year that will allow full control over the ACD+AYC units of Evo7/8/9.

Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by donner
I believe Hamish means that to reflash your ecu, you need to connect reflash connector to your ecu pin 25. It is the same with both ayc and/or acd equipped cars as I have flashed both ecu's and connection was the same.

To datalog while driving, it should work without any extra wiring (or atleast in my car it works, evo IX) but to datalog with your flash wiring harness on the bench, you need to connect wire between OP2 pin 1 and acd ecu pin 46. Got it mate?
Understood. I was looking at this table for evo 7/8/9 ACD:

1 proportional valve for ACD control 14
17 power source 5
6 signal for left front wheel speed sensor 19 ground for left front wheel speed sensor 7 signal for right front wheel speed sensor 20 ground for right front wheel speed sensor 8 signal for left rear wheel speed sensor 21 ground for left rear wheel speed sensor 9 signal for right rear wheel speed sensor 22 ground for right rear wheel speed sensor 10
26 ground

31 power backup 39
40 TARMAC LED 33 steering wheel sensor 41
34 steering wheel sensor 42 ground 35 OBD port, pin 7 43
36 connection with Engine ECU pin 87 44 steering wheel sensor 37
46 OBD port, pin 1

Where it says pin25 doesn't do anything. But Hamish updated the website for evo IX ACD that shows pin25 being for reflashing. And corresponds with another pic in this thread.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
very nice developments
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible for someone that knows and has done this successfully to write a step by step guide to doing this in lamens terms???

Im in the process of making my cable now..... but after i do that, what exactly do you need?
where are the roms and xmls and all that?

Someone needs to put it all into one thread, that gets stickied????
basically a complete how to and so forth....

Can anyone help out with that?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Prolifik
Is it possible for someone that knows and has done this successfully to write a step by step guide to doing this in lamens terms???

Im in the process of making my cable now..... but after i do that, what exactly do you need?
where are the roms and xmls and all that?

Someone needs to put it all into one thread, that gets stickied????
basically a complete how to and so forth....

Can anyone help out with that?
If you mean only flashing, it is easy. Just make your own cable (see tech guides at www.evoscan.com for pin out), for flashing you need Ecuflash beta version (www.tactrix.com) and OP2.0 cable. Rom and xml are used in ecuflash and depending how good your xml is, you will see more or less tuning maps which are then using more or less correct scalings

If you mean tuning, I agree with you about stickiable information. Problem at the moment is that the ones who know how to tune won't tell too much . On the other hand acd tuning might be area which you should not touch unless you really know what to do as you might break your car or you might make it handle so badly that you will get thrown into trees. Anyway, Hamish has made good work with evoscan and when logging of acd ecu important parameters will come possible, more people will get involved testing, people will understand tuning maps and we will get results sooner or later. So it's not too easy in the beginning but I'm sure there will come some how-to quides later.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:58 AM

^^
Donner, Yea agreed. Much like the ECU at first.... and now its completely discovered.... (we think)
I have a friend with the ralliart map.... he said i can have his.... So what do i do now to get it???

How do i connect my harness to read from an flash to the ACD/AYC ECU.....
im kinda confused at this step...

here is where i am at currently...
- I just finished making my cable...
- EcuFlash Version 1.43.3252
- Tactrix 2.0 cable

Here are my plugs

Here is it all wired (messy for now)

Any my question remails
Now that its all wired.... Where do you plug these into?

Last edited by Prolifik; Dec 14, 2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:13 AM
Evolving Member

Check this, it should be self-explaining:

http://www.evoscan.com/images/stories/Evo7-8-9-ACD.jpg

Which evo you have and which ralliart map you have?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:24 AM

yea ive seen that, thats how i made my cable up....
i have an evo 8 MR JDM.... not sure on the ralliart map i have at this stage...

My question is now this...

With the ACD ECU.... is that the ECU behind the glove box with 4 plugs and a ****LOAD of wires????

to read off someones ECU with the ralliart map (my friend) what are the steps i need to do? would the steps be?

1. Do i have to take out his ECU from the car and put in my lap,
2. plug the harness i made into it,
3. plug my TACTRIX 2.0 CABLE into the OB2 Female conector of the harness i made,
4. Plug the 2nd small plug from the TACTRIX 2.0 CABLE into the flash voltage section.
5. plug the USB into my LAPTOP for the TACTRIX 2.0
6. OPEN - EcuFlash Version 1.43.3252
7. READ ROM
8. SAVE AS
9. CLOSE and reinstall ECU into car..

Then for flashing into another car, is it the same but i just click" flash to" instead of "read"

Last edited by Prolifik; Dec 14, 2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

For evo 8 you need Ralliart C1 map. K1 or K2 does not work on your car as there is hardware difference in acd ecu between evo 7 and 8, evo 8 is the same as in evo 9 though. Acd ecu has only two plugs so I believe you mean your efi ecu, it is not that one. You have right hand driven car (JDM) so I don't know for sure where acd ecu is, in left hand driven check this:
http://www.acd-tuning.com/acd-removal.html

If not there, remove your passenger side right foot kick panel from the floor, it might be behind that (it was in my friends JDM evo 7 but don't know if 8 is different, probably not)

Last edited by donner; Dec 14, 2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:31 AM

Thanks mate....
Both my mates have ralliart maps.... and one of them is a modifried one.... they have the same car as me so it should hopefully work...

Is my step by step thing correct?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks mate....
Both my mates have ralliart maps.... and one of them is a modifried one.... they have the same car as me so it should hopefully work...

Yes, same cars should work

Your steps seems to be ok, good luck with acd tuning. We found it last summer very useful, you can really make your car handle better with good tune.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:52 AM

Thanks heaps
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:59 PM
sba
Evolving Member

Thanks mate....

In my opinion, you are missing a wire from your drawings. You should find mine drawings in the first post. YOu need also L-line.

About ralliart files. C1 is also controlling AYC (only ralliart file doing this), K1 and K2 are for gravel rally and no AYC (group N car with mechanical rear diff). You can put any ecu in any car, but the AYC will run evenly like 50:50 or like a weak mechanical one.
But take care. K1 and K2 is very bad for streets and C1 gives you a very dangerous handling if you don't have lots of grip. With stock tires, stock suspension or close to stock, the car will enter in a drift when you will try to take a hard corner and stay there, completly differently that you would expect and when you lift you foot, it will go in other direction pretty aggresive. You should take caution. When i first tested C1, i was very close to smash the car twice in the same evening!!!

This is the reason i went in the pursuit of a better acd file.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:41 PM

post #459 is the scheme i followed to wire the harness... its exactly the same as yours in the #1 post of this thread......

There shows no other wires that i need?
Where is the L-Line sopose to go to???? Is that for Logging?
post a picture of the full (completed) scheme

Quick Reply: Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash