Notices

TephraXMOD V1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by darwin_evo
The 2009 EDM rom is indeed the 53040010... so i'm assuming Tephra V1 for 2008 EDM should work right??

Another question, how does alt map works on cruise control mode (ie: how do you switch maps? and how come the cruise control still works?)

Another thing, does it have the mod23 already enabled (as it doesn't show in the xml) ? and what about the other dtc codes that has their timers set to ffff?

PS: can switch maps with the cruise control while driving the car or does it have to be like with the throttle?

Tks in advance
Anyone pls?
bump bump bump
-If its the same rom number, no reason it shouldn't.
-If you would read or just test, you would see you hold the cruise on/off button for a set (in the options) amount of time.
-It is enabled in the USDM rom, why don't you open the rom and check?
-With the cruise button or ADC you can switch maps at any time the ECU is on.

Originally Posted by MonacoGP
How do you handle different MIVEC maps for different tunes? My 91 and 93 octane have different MIVEC maps. I don't see anywhere to make this change in the alt maps. Am i missing something?
But most tuners, including yourself apparantly, do adjust the MIVEC. So think of it this way. If someone wants to run the OEM maps and tuned maps as their Alt they can't. Or if as im my case I had two different tuners, both of which changed the OEM MIVEC, I can't. I have to believe the guys running E85 are going to want different MIVEC maps than regular pump gas.

Now that I've given examples of where Alt MIVEC would be helpful can I get an answer to the question?
I believe it was on purpose since MIVEC is mostly setup related (as the other poster stated). The desire to run a non-optimized MIVEC table for your setup is a pretty rare circumstance. I'm pretty sure he did answer your question though... (directly or indirectly)

Originally Posted by jcsbanks
Hehe, I noticed the embed of my Youtube video a few pages back showing the map switching on the GTR I've developed for Cobb linked by Bryan. Glad you guys like it, it is nicer than watching flashing lights. I only do the GTR, no Evos, so don't worry I'm not harvesting this thread for info What I do, I do originally.
That warms my heart a bit knowing it comes from someone we know and love . Now come back to the dark side and help us pound out live tuning, 75 maps, and everything else we want for the X. We miss you John
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's true, it's enabled for the usdm... but i don't see the items with the edm v1... i mean the xml doesn't show any of them unlike the usd v1

Last edited by darwin_evo; Sep 1, 2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Ok just went through the whole thing... mode23 is implemented in v1, but i had to do the dtc disable and stopping fuel trims from affecting wot afr
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but i had to do the dtc disable and stopping fuel trims from affecting wot afr

Please expand.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 01:02 PM
EvoM Community Team

Please expand.
Amazing, when I searched for the exact words he typed these are literally the first two things that come up:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...p1238-etc.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-fueling.html

The power of the internets is incredible.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

With EcuFlash 1.43.3150, EcuFlash crashes when trying to load a ROM with Tephramod using TephraXMOD-52680122.xml.

I don't know if this has been reported already, I just updated my EcuFlash and now cannot access my ROM's. The TephraXMOD-55570106.xml still loads fine.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
With EcuFlash 1.43.3150, EcuFlash crashes when trying to load a ROM with Tephramod using TephraXMOD-52680122.xml.

I don't know if this has been reported already, I just updated my EcuFlash and now cannot access my ROM's. The TephraXMOD-55570106.xml still loads fine.
I'm not sure what XML changes were made, but all of the related XMLs look just larger than the ones I have already (other than _mods). I can run my old instance of 1.43.3000 fine (i always copy to programfiles/ecuflashvxxxx before installing a new copy) and dropping the xml from that directory into the new one works fine.

I'll try to compare the XML later, but I've been terribly busy so don't hold your breath.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
I'm not sure what XML changes were made, but all of the related XMLs look just larger than the ones I have already (other than _mods). I can run my old instance of 1.43.3000 fine (i always copy to programfiles/ecuflashvxxxx before installing a new copy) and dropping the xml from that directory into the new one works fine.

I'll try to compare the XML later, but I've been terribly busy so don't hold your breath.

not working for me
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

This is GREAT work from Tephra!

However, do you think there would be a way how to convert these .hex files into Cobb AP format to be able to flash them with AP?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Cobb is copying tephra's stuff for the X I believe, I think Tephra is even helping them, I would wait for him to chime in...but without Cobb, no you wouldn't get these.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:04 PM
EvoM Community Team

not working for me
I guess I should have spelled out to try copying all of

evo10base
all 526800 xmls
526800 _mods
the tephra xml

I'm guessing it might have something to do with the change for a switch to enable mode23 logging.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:07 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
Cobb is copying tephra's stuff for the X I believe, I think Tephra is even helping them, I would wait for him to chime in...but without Cobb, no you wouldn't get these.
Incorrect. Tephra's mods come out and then miraculously Cobb 'implements' some similar features shortly thereafter. Funny
Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides
Incorrect. Tephra's mods come out and then miraculously Cobb 'implements' some similar features shortly thereafter. Funny
Maybe not so funny for Tephra ;-), but even though I am looking forward to Coob implementing mostly the CEL flashing when knock occures.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by xhomm02
Maybe not so funny for Tephra ;-)
My guess is he really won't care, not like he'd really lose any money on it. Would be cool of Cobb tossed him a donation for it though (if in fact they did take the idea/coding from him to help implement it).
Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
That's what I thought at first, but to my understanding they have asked him for help with it??? I could be wrong again, but I thought this time they actually consulted Tephra.

Rather than the normal flat out steal it.

Quick Reply: TephraXMOD V1