Notices
ECU Flash

evo ix ecuflash screen shot

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo ix ecuflash screen shot

hey guys i am looking to start tuning or at least get used to using ecuflash and evo scan, i have an evo ix mr, with the injen intake system, buschur tbe no cat, megan racing 02 housing, mbc. There is other modifications but nothing that will play play a part in this. I have done a few logs and was trying to farmiliarize myself with this style of software.

I do have an aem wideband connected and i have been monitoring that on a few pulls/ daily driving but i havent done the mod to be able to log it (next step)

I have a screen shot of my timing and fuel maps and i was wondering what you guys thought of them. When i got the car it had been tuned with the tbe and just a bolt on filter kit, mbc (no charge piping) by an unknown source. Judging by the afr which during cruise is about 14.5-15.5 and under hard acceleration low rpm it seems to be very rich 10.0-10.5 and once full boost hits its pretty stable around 11.3-11.8. Also under a full pull in 3rd for a split second i saw at most 2.1 counts of knock an 0.9 for the most part of my pull/drive.

The car has ran almost 115mph in the 1/4 and 12.5 e.t with my old slipping clutch, This is on 94 octane and occasionally run 91

Im running about 21-22 psi peak boost right now,
I'm mainly worried that my timing might be too high, what do you guys think?
Also what boost level would be safe with these numbers? Im looking to try and make an 11's second pass.

Thanks
Jordan

Last edited by Base_model; Sep 19, 2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your logging the wrong knock.... log knock sum not voltage.. it shouldnt have a decimal.. then redo a pull and make sure knock is =/< 1 the whole pull.
also try the virtual dyno program to help you tune the curve.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill check that out, i read that was possible but im not sure how yet. I also noticed that my iat and clt temps seemed to be way off and i was reading somewhere how to change them, i think ill have to do that aswell.

thanks
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frankly, your high octane timing map looks horrid for being "tuned". You should be running in the ball park of 2-3 degrees advance at peak load around 3500-4000, and tapering to around 11-12 degrees advance up top. Post up a 3rd gear datalog for us to look at.

Your best bet would be to go to the sticky at the top of the ecuflash forums and start reading "how to tune an evo", it's an excellent place to start.

Also, if you havent done so yet, set up 2byteload in ecuflash and evoscan. Instructions can be found in the sticky at the top of the forum titled "important ecu thread links", and go to the official 2byteload thread.

Last edited by PrimerSdime; Sep 19, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Btw, with 115 mph trap speeds, you should have been in the 11's.