Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:42 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there an Ipad software in the works?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by GregM
I assume this new cable will work and be needed for any other Android device once you release the software? I'm keen to get this running on my S3, so would be interested in just the cable if thats the case.
+1 on my Nexus 7!

So I hope it will come sooner...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian0611
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but are we able to reflash with this as well or only do logging right now? What program does it (or will it) use for tuning and reflashing? Evoscan or Ecuflash??
I'd also want an answer for this please... the title says "Reflash" but there seems to be no such function yet??

Last edited by domyz; Nov 8, 2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:44 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chu
Hamish, I jsut want some clarification whether the 3.0DA cable will also work for CT9A platform? I'm ready to order, and would like to order the 3.0DA if it is a more universal application.
just to be clear, the 3.0DA is only for 2007+ based vehicles (CAN/Mode23/EvoX etc), whereas 1.3DA is only for vehicles up to 2007 (OBDII/MUTII/SSMII/Evo456789 etc)
if you need a universal application, you can buy both, its only 57+57=114

Originally Posted by RobCrezz
Is there any way you can make it have the option to give a MPH speed reading (even if the speedo reads in kmh)?
Nice work by the way.
Yes the EvoDroid7 has an option in the settings to select MPH... you can change the Units to Imperial in the settings.

Last edited by evoscan; Nov 8, 2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

ipad software????
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:21 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
just to be clear, the 3.0DA is only for 2007+ based vehicles (CAN/Mode23/EvoX etc), whereas 1.3DA is only for vehicles up to 2007 (OBDII/MUTII/SSMII/Evo456789 etc)
if you need a universal application, you can buy both, its only 57+57=114
That's exactly what I'm looking for. THank you. ORDERING!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:00 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by domyz
I'd also want an answer for this please... the title says "Reflash" but there seems to be no such function yet??
as per the post on page1.
Take note the DA on the end of the new 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables refers to Datalogger / Android. There is the possibility of using these cables also for reflashing, I will send out more detail on this later.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
as per the post on page1.
Sorry I only read the first post as I was short on time. Thanks for the information. I'm suscribed for further update.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:07 AM

Yes the EvoDroid7 has an option in the settings to select MPH... you can change the Units to Imperial in the settings.
So even if my car is reading in KPH, it can convert and show the speed in MPH? Sweet!

Ill be buying one for my VI!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:58 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by RobCrezz
So even if my car is reading in KPH, it can convert and show the speed in MPH? Sweet!

Ill be buying one for my VI!
Yeah absolutely... its cool huh. you can show KPH and MPH on the screen at once if you really like and EvoDroid7 can read a lot higher speeds than the standard tacho and speedo.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Pmd!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:26 AM

Looks great Hamish, really trying to find out more about it, hoping to buy it soon. I purchased the much costlier EvoScan GPS over a year ago, and have posted a few bug reports and feature requests on EvoScan.com, but haven't received any response lately. So I am a bit skeptical about this, and I have a few questions/comments.
I wasn't able to just plug-and-play the AEM inline wideband controller through a serial converter to the EvoScanGPS, so can you explicitly state if that wideband is supported and will just work out of the box?
Is that "Evoscan" label a sticker on the screen? I pay attention to aesthetics of my devices and the interior, and that blue label just looks out of place on the tablet screen, so I am hoping it's easily removable?
The specs say, power is drawn from the OBD port itself, so the tablet will keep drawing power from the car battery even when the car is turned off? The openport 2.0 continues to light up even when the car is turned off, but that isn't as big of a power draw as a tablet would be.
When the tablet is being used in the car, is the power draw from the OBD port enough to power the tablet AND charge it at the same time? This is important if you use the EvoScan tablet on long trips to display the gauges, and if the power draw from the OBD port is not enough, the battery would slowly discharge, and eventually you would need to turn the tablet off and keep it plugged in to let it charge for a while.
Which tablet model is this? The tablet specs may have been top of the line when you started work on it, but nowadays slightly costlier tablets have much better specs. Like 800x480 resolution is nowhere near the Nexus7 with a 1280x800 screen. So can you give us some better information on whether you plan to sell the Android software & the new 3.0DA cable separately? Like how long we would need to wait and how much would that cost? This kind of information would be helpful in deciding whether it makes sense to just wait to buy the standalone software to install on our existing tablets, instead of paying for a tablet we are forced to use only in the car (I have two already for home use, and another one coming in December).
Can you please post more pictures of the cables and how everything fits together, like the picture you had for the EvoScanGPS?

Last edited by hkumar; Nov 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by hkumar
Looks great Hamish,
thanks, I think the EvoDroid7 will have a lot more long term benefits than the previous Microsoft Mobile based GPSNav. a lot more apps are available for the EvoDroid7, and it has WiFi, so we are already waaay ahead in features than the older 2011 GPSNav.

I wasn't able to just plug-and-play the AEM inline wideband controller through a serial converter to the EvoScanGPS,
Correct, the old 2011 gpsnav was only designed for InnovateLC1 and ZeitronixZT2, it is all we used in my home town for Evo Racing. AEM was not popular at all when we started that project. This time around I will be providing native support for the big 3... AEM,LC1,ZT2.

Is that "Evoscan" label a sticker on the screen? I pay attention to aesthetics of my devices and the interior, and that blue label just looks out of place on the tablet screen, so I am hoping it's easily removable?
Yeah it is an EvoScan sticker I have for branding.. how else will you mates know where to get one I am doing a nice acrylic sticker and yes you can remove them just like I always remove the Intel stickers from my laptop, haha.

The specs say, power is drawn from the OBD port itself, so the tablet will keep drawing power from the car battery even when the car is turned off?
The new design cables allow for an accessory wire from ignition key to be wired in. so that it turns on like a stereo, and turns off like a stereo. I added an internal FET chip to do the power switching.

When the tablet is being used in the car, is the power draw from the OBD port enough to power the tablet AND charge it at the same time?
Yes, the new EvoScan cables can supply up to 1.5Amps current to the tablet, so it will have plenty of grunt to run EvoScan, the gauges, datalog, and charge at the same time. the usb spec mandates a max. of 500mA on some devices. the EvoDroid7 I made sure doesn't have this limitation.

Which tablet model is this?
This is a new EvoScan android tablet that I designed and built myself. it is called an EvoDroid7.

new 3.0DA cable separately? Like how long we would need to wait and how much would that cost?
after I have got the first EvoDroid7 kits sent out then I will look at separating the software and cables, the cost of the cable on its own will be a little bit more than 57, maybe 67, plus maybe 25 for the android software. so you are better off getting an EvoDroid7 so that you know it will all work in harmony.

Can you please post more pictures of the cables and how everything fits together, like the picture you had for the EvoScanGPS?
Yes. I will post more pictures once the first EvoDroid7 kits are sent out.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:17 PM
Silver Sponsor

Wow, thanks for all the great comments and feedback coming in on email and PM. Currently at this rate the pre-orders for the first batch will run out within 2 weeks.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:28 AM

So Hamish, you aren't sure that it will all work in harmony on a Nexus 7 for example?
It will support all zeitronix sensors?

Last edited by XVIII; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review