Holy block tune. Al, is that you?
38* here, 9* here, 20* there and interpolate all for the rest
Old Mar 23, 2022, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Holy block tune. Al, is that you?
Originally Posted by black_out
38* here, 9* here, 20* there and interpolate all for the rest
Sounds like you fellas know something that I dont. Please any input is much appreciated.

Thank you for your help. So I take that new XML and write it to the ECU (and then slowly tune from there)???
Old Mar 23, 2022, 01:35 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by B00st_junkie
Sounds like you fellas know something that I dont. Please any input is much appreciated.

Thank you for your help. So I take that new XML and write it to the ECU (and then slowly tune from there)???
The XML is like the decoder plate for your rom. You put it into ecuflash*, and when you open your rom ecuflash reads the xml so it knows how to show you the data. All the tables you see, how they are laid out, and labeled are controlled by the XML. Your ROM is a completely separate thing.

*Directions for how to do that should be in the tuning guide. If not or if you have more questions, I can elaborate. You will also need to remove the XML you are currently using from ecuflash so it doesn't get confused.
The following users liked this post:
black_out (Mar 23, 2022)
Old Mar 23, 2022, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by B00st_junkie

That XML is just a definition file. Your file is not complete and note showing you tables it should. Put that definition file in the evo subfolder of your rometadata folder so you can view your full ROM properly.

Yes that whole timing table is very blocky as razor stated. It looks like someone just ported in where they wanted specific timing cells and interpolated between those. I would say it seems a bit aggressive as well. I'd be starting over fresh but thats just me.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by black_out
That XML is just a definition file. Your file is not complete and note showing you tables it should. Put that definition file in the evo subfolder of your rometadata folder so you can view your full ROM properly.

Yes that whole timing table is very blocky as razor stated. It looks like someone just ported in where they wanted specific timing cells and interpolated between those. I would say it seems a bit aggressive as well. I'd be starting over fresh but thats just me.
Okay so I want to start over. I have been pouring over Merlin's Guide and in his Ignition tuning section it says "stock lo-octane spark map" and "stock hi-octane spark map". In a section below that it has a bunch of different maps for evo's 7-9 are the ones labeled evo9 gsr for a modded car or are they base maps to be adjusted from there? sorry for all the rookie questions I am just trying to take all this information in. That being said how do I start over?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I wouldn't use anyone elses maps as a "base map" I'd download a stock evo 9 ROM and then compare. The tephra big maps you're currently tuned on and a base tephra ROM aren't a direct swap to a stock evo 9 map.