EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   OEM Style Gauges for EvoScan .99 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/261612-oem-style-gauges-evoscan-99-a.html)

TouringBubble Apr 2, 2007 04:16 PM

OEM Style Gauges for EvoScan .99

OEM Styled Gauges for EvoScan .99 (v.002)

Download Left Side

http://www.frameleft.com/evo/evoScan...ges002Left.jpg

This file includes:

Speedometer (MPH + KM/h)
3-stage Speed Warning Indicator (80, 100, 110)
Tachometer
2-stage STi-styled Shift Light (6k, 7k)
AFR Display
AFR Indicator Lights for Open Loop Operation
Closed Loop Indicator

Download Right Side

http://www.frameleft.com/evo/evoScan...es002Right.jpg

This file includes:

Coolant Temp
TPS
Full Throttle Indicator (95% - 100%)
Boost (for JDM MAP)
Knock Count
3-stage Knock Indicator
Load
Timing Advance
Octane
Intake Air Temp
Injector Duty Cycle

Mapping Info:

Speedometer - Speed
Speed Warning Indicator - Speed
Tachometer - Engine RPM
Shift Light - Engine RPM
AFR Display - Wideband AFR (Wideband O2 sensor required)
AFR Indicator Lights - Wideband AFR (Wideband O2 sensor required)
Closed Loop Indicator - O2 Feedback Trim
Coolant Temp - Coolant Temp
TPS - Throttle Position
Full Throttle Indicator - Throttle Position
Boost - JDM MAP (Instructions Here)
Knock Count - Knock Sum
Knock Indicator - Knock Sum
Load - Calculated Load OR 2-Byte Load
Timing Advance - Timing Advance
Octane - Octane Level
Intake Air Temp - Air Temperature
Injector Duty Cycle - Must add IDC% formula to data.xml file (Formula found here)

Here is a layout file with values already assigned.

Instructions:

1. Download the left and right side XML files above using the right-click > Save As... method.
2. Save the files in your "EvoScan v0.99/GaugeTemplates" directory.
3. If you want to use the provided layout file, download the layout XML file to the "EvoScan v0.99/GaugeLayouts" directory.
3 a. To load the provided gauge layout, select "Gauges > Load / Display Gauge Layout" from the EvoScan menu and select the layout you've downloaded (i.e. oemGauges_002).
4. Open EvoScan.
5. From the top menu, select "Gauges > Add/Edit Gauge Widgets."
6. From the pulldown menu in the new window, select one of the new gauge files you've downloaded (i.e. OEMitsuGaugesLeft)
7. Assign the input values as noted above by right-clicking the image of the gauges.
8. If you would like to re-size the gauges, click and drag the lower-right corner of the window until they are the desired size.
9. When you are done, click the "Create New Widget" button at the bottom of the window.
10. You can move the gauges around by clicking and dragging the gauge window. you can also change assigned input values or close the gauge widget from the right-click menu.
11. To save the layout you've set up, including all of the mapped input values, select "Gauges > Save Current Gauge Layout" from the EvoScan menu.

Enjoy.

----------

Andenbre's Combined Versions:

OEM Style

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1190089217

eBay Blue

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1190089257

RalliArt White

Evo_Jay Apr 2, 2007 04:38 PM

Good Job. {thumbup}

People are gonna love these

RedV Apr 2, 2007 04:42 PM

YAY!! I'm one of the (probably thousands of) people who PMd you about these earlier. THANKS!! {thumbup}

laakness Apr 2, 2007 04:47 PM

Very nice work.

I'll have to look at the xml cause it looks like you were able to get the gauges close without having the background overlap/intersect the others.

TouringBubble Apr 2, 2007 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by laakness (Post 4162336)
I'll have to look at the xml cause it looks like you were able to get the gauges close without having the background overlap/intersect the others.

How you see them is very close to how I put them together. I resized them a bit before dropping them on the desktop, so they are a little off. If you try to resize too much, they will try to overlap ...

sikrsix Apr 2, 2007 04:59 PM

I put the layout in the gauge layout folder and the left and right side into the gauge templates.. But it comes up as an error.. I tried swapping them into the opposite folders and got errors as well.. which goes where?

Is this cuz I still using 0.97?

TouringBubble Apr 2, 2007 05:00 PM

It could be because of .97, I'm not sure. The left and right files go in the templates folder and the oemGauges.xml goes in the layouts folder. You have it right.

sikrsix Apr 2, 2007 05:03 PM

Ya I thought so.. I have other gauge layouts and they work fine... hmmmm anyone still using 0.97 and this works?

VenomEVO8 Apr 2, 2007 05:05 PM

Gauges work... but I can't resize them? anyway I can tweak it to make it smaller

TouringBubble Apr 2, 2007 05:09 PM

You will not be able to resize them from the layout file provided. You have to resize them from the "Add Gauges" window, so you'll have to make all of the associations again. No big deal though.

VenomEVO8 Apr 2, 2007 05:14 PM

Cool.. thanks..

16vEVOIX Apr 2, 2007 05:26 PM

Thanks. I was just thinking about gauges like these, but didn't know how to make them.

recompile Apr 7, 2007 12:22 PM

Well done. Thanks!

jdmevo8313 Apr 7, 2007 02:13 PM

I downloaded both templates and the layout but when I load the gauges only the left side would open.

Yes I do have v.99

evo 8 ya Apr 7, 2007 02:17 PM

great work man {thumbup} :mitsu: :beer:

TouringBubble Apr 7, 2007 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by jdmevo8313 (Post 4182967)
I downloaded both templates and the layout but when I load the gauges only the left side would open.

You might have to set them up yourself rather than use the layout provided. I run fairly high resolution on my notebook and that might be the issue.

jdmevo8313 Apr 7, 2007 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by TouringBubble (Post 4182993)
You might have to set them up yourself rather than use the layout provided. I run fairly high resolution on my notebook and that might be the issue.

I messed around with my resolution and I got it to work. thanks

laakness Apr 7, 2007 03:03 PM

Yeah, you can just load each individual gauge provided and edit/resize them and save your own layout.

codgi Apr 7, 2007 11:22 PM

I downloaded these today good job {thumbup}

LV///R Apr 29, 2007 08:41 AM

Forgive my newbiness, but could you give me some instructions:

1) Where do I save the files?
2) How do I get them to work in evoscan?

Any advice/how to's would be much appreciated...:crap:

EDIT, i think I got it figured out...Nevermind!

Thanks!

TouringBubble Jun 3, 2007 12:26 PM

Gauges updated to v.002. Enjoy.

SICK9 Jun 3, 2007 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by ill_take_one (Post 4269788)
Forgive my newbiness, but could you give me some instructions:

1) Where do I save the files?
2) How do I get them to work in evoscan?

Any advice/how to's would be much appreciated...:crap:

EDIT, i think I got it figured out...Nevermind!

Thanks!

+1 on the how-to.. step-by-step
plz forgive my ignorance, just got evoscan and still learning how to use it.
BTW: love the guage layout, very nice work..

recompile Jun 3, 2007 01:52 PM

The Left and Right XML files go into \EvoScan\GaugeTemplates and the Layout file goes into GaugeLayouts

Then from EvoScan, go to Gauges > Load Layout

kreionic Jun 3, 2007 01:56 PM

keep in mind that you might have to resize them to fit your screen. To do that just go to add/edit gauges. Select the right gauges and set the data accordingly and then hit create widget. Do the same for the left side and then go to gauges on evoscan and save gauges as.

TouringBubble Jun 3, 2007 02:02 PM

Added some step-by-step instructions to the first post. Hope it answers most of the questions. I should have done it to start with ...

Mike01gsr Jun 3, 2007 07:50 PM

downloading these now...Thanks alot man!! Can't wait to try them out!!

Thoe99 Jun 6, 2007 05:58 PM

How come some of the gauges don't work when I do a playback? I know I logged those data too, like speed and rpm. My boost also reads 50psi?

kreionic Jun 6, 2007 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Thoe99 (Post 4408628)
How come some of the gauges don't work when I do a playback? I know I logged those data too, like speed and rpm. My boost also reads 50psi?

Are you using the JDM map sensor? If not the boost gauge will not work. Did you check to see if they data was assigned to the gauges.

TouringBubble Jun 6, 2007 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Thoe99 (Post 4408628)

Yup, JDM MAP is required for boost logging. As far as the other gauges, just be sure the values are assigned correctly. Even if they weren't assigned to the gauges you can still assign them after the log and view them during playback.

Which gauges aren't working?

lemmonhead Sep 11, 2007 08:05 PM

how can you put both left and right side together? I want the speed and rpm showing with the other one at the same time.

andenbre Sep 11, 2007 08:49 PM

I am currently looking at combining the two sets into one gauge package. Once I get it fingered out I will post it.

andenbre Sep 11, 2007 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK here goes, this is the mitsu evo guage panels 1&2 combined into 1 panel with some changes.

all guages resized and moved slightly
knock light enlarged, moved and is stepped. 1-2 counts green 3-6 yellow 7+ red
includes layout file. most associations made except boost. when using the boost guage make sure the "guage max" number in the evoscan settings xml for your boost logging chanel is set to 25 or 30. the setting for mdp-boost is 350 on evoscan install and that will cause 70 major ticks to envelop the guage
if you dont like my changes or layout settings feel free to make your own changes useing the edit template function{thumbup}

tkklemann Sep 12, 2007 04:09 AM

Very very nice.. I like that a lot...

It sure beats having 6 of the same gages all on the screen, and trying to remember what each of them are for...

Can you add an indicator light to let me know if the welds on my intake manifold are about ready to blow?

andenbre Sep 12, 2007 01:30 PM

sure I'll just add an indicator light for 50 psi:lol:

actualy though I am going to change a few more things. I will post it once I finish it.

kreionic Sep 12, 2007 02:11 PM

andenbre, Nice man just one request. Could you make a numercal indactor for boost? Thats one thing I likes about TB gauges

andenbre Sep 12, 2007 03:09 PM

sure no prob I will post em later tonight

kreionic Sep 12, 2007 03:12 PM

Thanks man. I am not to good with those gauges.:lol: What other changes are you making to them?

TouringBubble Sep 12, 2007 03:51 PM

You should have based yours on my v.002 set .. it already has the boost gauge set up for the JDM MAP and some other neat stuff that was requested.

TouringBubble Sep 12, 2007 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tkklemann (Post 4736213)
Can you add an indicator light to let me know if the welds on my intake manifold are about ready to blow?

Hmmm ... a big "Danger to Manifold" warning light? I could swing that ...

andenbre Sep 12, 2007 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by TouringBubble (Post 4738485)
You should have based yours on my v.002 set .. it already has the boost gauge set up for the JDM MAP and some other neat stuff that was requested.

I thought I did I will have to look and do that

TouringBubble Sep 12, 2007 07:01 PM

I added a link on the first post for you ...

kreionic Sep 12, 2007 07:05 PM

TB your the man. I still use those gauges daily{thumbup} . There great for getting an idea where things are at real quick. Ofcourse its not a replacement for excel but its great for a quick check after a pulls. I just wanted to say thanks again{thumbup}

tkklemann Sep 13, 2007 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by TouringBubble (Post 4738495)
Hmmm ... a big "Danger to Manifold" warning light? I could swing that ...

Haha! Maybe you can have it do that as an alarm when a specified knock count is exceeded? Haha!

TouringBubble Sep 13, 2007 08:00 AM

Tkkle, I'm seriously going to do that now ... I think it would be appreciated. I need to find the graphic from the movie so I can try to match it ...

TouringBubble Sep 13, 2007 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by kreionic (Post 4739038)
TB your the man. I still use those gauges daily{thumbup} . There great for getting an idea where things are at real quick. Ofcourse its not a replacement for excel but its great for a quick check after a pulls. I just wanted to say thanks again{thumbup}

I'm glad you are still enjoying them. I usually only bust them out for MAF tuning and showing off at the track ... you'd be amazed how people will look at you when your gauge cluster is mirrored on the computer in the passenger seat ... especially the old-school V8 guys.

I use them occasionally for rough tuning, but it tends to distract the driver ...

tkklemann Sep 13, 2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by TouringBubble (Post 4740442)
Tkkle, I'm seriously going to do that now ... I think it would be appreciated. I need to find the graphic from the movie so I can try to match it ...

Maybe tonight would be a good night for a drunken F&F night!

mplspilot Sep 13, 2007 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by TouringBubble (Post 4740442)

You definitely need to do it and post it up!!! And when it starts blinking, the voiceover will go "Granny shifting not double clutching like you should." :lol:

andenbre Sep 14, 2007 09:03 PM

Ok I am back I had to reformat my laptop and I just spent the last 2 days geting it up to speed. I will be working on the merged gauges tonight

edit : I have v2 merged and some modded sets including a white face "ralliart" set and I will also be creating a blueish white # set to match the nice overlay I have in my car I havent decided if I am going to make a new thread but either way I will be posting what I have done so far sat evening in this thread

TouringBubble Sep 15, 2007 06:09 AM

Feel free to make a new thread, but I have no problem adding to the first post here to keep things simple. Just let me know.

andenbre Sep 17, 2007 09:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It took a while to figure out 1 or 2 things but here ya go

these are variations of the oem v2 set all have a very large squarish led at the top that only shows at knock levels of 7 and higher all other changes are purely cosmetic. I have included layout files that have most settings assigned and a moderate size that should be ok on most newer laptops, if its too big or small you can create your own using the edit gauge widgets function

oem v2 combined and altered slightly
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1190089217
download

Blue eBay overlay (the nice one)
download

White Ralliart style
download

I am going to create from the ground up my own set to release, when completed I will post. It may take a couple o weeks:updown:

andenbre Sep 17, 2007 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
last file

alan678 Sep 17, 2007 09:33 PM

Nice!!!

TouringBubble Sep 17, 2007 11:02 PM

Good job with the mods. I really like the eBay set.

bigric09 Sep 17, 2007 11:17 PM

i tried loading the stock gauges posted by andenbre and playing back a few saved logs.... the gauges arent responding. I opened the other few gauge setups i have and they all work just fine. Are these just appearance only for now ? or should they be working

TouringBubble Sep 18, 2007 07:11 AM

Links added to the first post.

laakness Sep 18, 2007 08:16 AM

Are you able to log/create the IDC % on the fly with EvoScan .99? I copied the same formula into both .99 and the 1.2 beta and I get all 0's in .99 and correct values in the 1.2 beta.

kreionic Sep 18, 2007 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by laakness (Post 4757241)
Are you able to log/create the IDC % on the fly with EvoScan .99? I copied the same formula into both .99 and the 1.2 beta and I get all 0's in .99 and correct values in the 1.2 beta.

I take it you added the formula in evoscan for the IDC right? If you did make sure that RPM and IPW are above the IDC in the XML. Evoscan logs from top to bottom so any thing that gets calculated in evoscan needs to be above the new formula. Kind of like a+b=C (which is a calculation on A and B_ So in the XML it needs to be logging order of
A
B
C

andenbre Sep 18, 2007 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bigric09 (Post 4756510)
i tried loading the stock gauges posted by andenbre and playing back a few saved logs.... the gauges arent responding. I opened the other few gauge setups i have and they all work just fine. Are these just appearance only for now ? or should they be working

I double checked operation this morning and they are all working. make sure you have the boxes checked for all your logged values when playing back
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1190132737

laakness Sep 18, 2007 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by kreionic (Post 4757405)
I take it you added the formula in evoscan for the IDC right? If you did make sure that RPM and IPW are above the IDC in the XML. Evoscan logs from top to bottom so any thing that gets calculated in evoscan needs to be above the new formula. Kind of like a+b=C (which is a calculation on A and B_ So in the XML it needs to be logging order of
A
B
C

Good call, thanks! I had it below RPM but above IPW in .99{thumbup}

Hamish already had it below both in the data item editor in 1.2 beta.

Thanks.

bigric09 Sep 18, 2007 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by andenbre (Post 4757483)
I double checked operation this morning and they are all working. make sure you have the boxes checked for all your logged values when playing back
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1190132737

cool, maybe my playback is being retarded with those gauges. Once i do a fluid change today i am going to do some logging. I will check it out then. maybe i have the same problem Charlie was discussing with the columns being out of order since mine are all rearranged.

andenbre Sep 18, 2007 01:51 PM

you may have to manually assign your data items.

Nelissen Dec 17, 2010 01:53 PM

I know this is a old tread, but does somebody have these dashlayouts because the downloads dont work.

Raptord Dec 17, 2010 02:43 PM

They work fine for me...

PS. Thanks for the bump, didn't know these existed :lol:

Nelissen Dec 17, 2010 03:03 PM

strange, i get after the download that the format is damaged ore unknow format.

Can you help me out !!

Raptord Dec 17, 2010 03:30 PM

This should work (right click -> save as)

Left side
Right Side
Layout file with pre-assigned values

Combined
Combined Blue
Combined White

Nelissen Dec 18, 2010 01:04 AM

Thanks you verry much, appreciate it !!

Evokuutio Dec 20, 2010 04:33 AM

Could someone try to do samekind oem layout to evoscan gps device ;)