EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   New to evo. what is all this Ecuflash/mitsulogger/evologger stuff? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/295093-new-evo-what-all-ecuflash-mitsulogger-evologger-stuff.html)

trboboost91 Sep 12, 2007 06:58 PM

New to evo. what is all this Ecuflash/mitsulogger/evologger stuff?

I know this is stupid but what exactly are these and where do i get them and what are the features on them. i know the general info. they are a ECM reflash
used to tune your evo but what does one have, in terms of features, the others don't? where do i get this OBD2 cable? sorry for the dumb question. have had 1
of every dsm but this is my first evo and thigs are a little different.
what happened to just using a damn AFC???

dan l Sep 12, 2007 07:15 PM

Click Here and it will explain it all just for you.

burgers22 Sep 12, 2007 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by dan l (Post 4739065)
Click Here and it will explain it all just for you.

That had me laughing..........

OP, seriously, read this forum for about 30 mins and you'll see why using an AFC is like adding neons to tune the car. Here a link to the ECUflash site. http://openecu.org/index.php?title=I...Screenshot.png

tephra Sep 12, 2007 11:50 PM

lol @ that

Seriously thou - there needs to be a sticky explaining it all :)

Asmodeus6 Sep 13, 2007 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 4739776)
lol @ that

Seriously thou - there needs to be a program that turns my brain into text, and then someone needs to sticky it :)

fixed.
:cool:

It is a bit daunting coming from the DSM camp. But, in all honesty if you were using an AFC back there you weren't on the right path either.

Think DSMLink... but 10x harder to use, but already having an EPROM ecu, and not having to buy DSMLink. Just a tactrix cable. But... tuners want you to pay to "get tuned" instead of offering free advice based on your logs. Welcome to Evo land.

Everything is a big money game over here, with a few exceptions. There are a few users that will create patches for roms, and help you.

Tephra is one of them.
Malibu Jack another... <--- (Mitsulogger = free logging program)
www.aktivematrix.com

There are more, but not many. Some of the tuners will chime in and help too.

(Sorry, figured I'd chime in since I just went thru this)
:cool:

TouringBubble Sep 13, 2007 08:35 AM

Some of us post and help self-tuners ... but, I don't charge for tuning.

Some threads to browse:
ECUFlash Tutorial for Beginners
ECUFlash Glossary
TB's Guide to Tuning Your Evo IX (I haven't completely finished this yet because I've been super busy and I've also modified some of my techniques ... it's a good start though)
2-byte load and Lean Spool for Dummies (Instructions for IX, so you'll have to find '05 instructions)
Log Boost with JDM MAP sensor
ECU Boost Control Mods
ECU-based Boost Control
EcuFlash/Mitsulogger Questions
How to scale your MAF
Your Evo and the Stationary Rev Limiter
Target AFR

That should get you off to a good start ...

Charlie_B Sep 13, 2007 09:35 AM

^^Thanks for the links TB.
Ive already read the EvoM links, but the SE Evo ones are new to me. Good info like this makes me want to be back in good ole GA.

TouringBubble Sep 13, 2007 09:54 AM

Those links are likely new to a lot of people ... glad I can help.

MR Turco Sep 13, 2007 09:57 AM

this thread has been incredibly helpful. TB those links were great, thanks!

Peteypab2133 Sep 13, 2007 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 4740852)
this thread has been incredibly helpful. TB those links were great, thanks!

+1 everyone is being nice! lol thats unusual.

Helpful links none the less for someone new to the game or even learning to self tune

Charlie_B Sep 13, 2007 10:09 AM

^^must be something with the tides or something...EvoM being nice??

TouringBubble Sep 13, 2007 10:52 AM

You guys have just stumbled in to one of the only forums like that on EvoM ... Most of us here are very helpful. That might be why the usuals never post here ...

MR Turco Sep 13, 2007 10:54 AM

I agree ECUflash forum has been awesome thus far. I still havent seen mention of when JDM MAP sensors are in stock though :)

TouringBubble Sep 13, 2007 11:32 AM

You'll have to get with Mrfred on that one ... he is the only one I know of that gets them.

trboboost91 Sep 15, 2007 07:19 AM

my biggest question is where do you get this stuff?
i am currently without lap top but could buy one if need.
but is it worth it? or would it be better to just get a mail in flash and forget it?
where do you get the cable? i saw you can download the program from
openecu. is it free and all you have to buy is a cable? if thats the case i can stand buying a laptop if all i have to buy is a cable! i can probably pick up pretty fast
as i ran a ECU+ on my last dsm
fill me in guys