Notices
ECU Flash

IC Sprayer Settings

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC Sprayer Settings

I know that lots of people pooh pooh the intercooler sprayer but I'm not one of them. Wet your hand and stick it out the window.

Here's the question I have . . .

I basically drive the same every day, there's a mountain pass I go over that has a couple of places where you can see ahead and you can get into some there but other than that I'm usually rolling down the highway at about 62 - 64 or so.

I know how often I need to fill the IC reservoir and was wondering how can I make the IC sprayer a little more "active" than it currently is using Ecuflash?

I have just downloaded my base file and sent it to Al to do some of his magic.

I notice that there are quite a few settings for the IC sprayer but was wondering which one would be the best to start with to make it a little more "active" than it is right now?

I have an APS intake and also the APS reservoir which is good size. I'm not sure if it is larger than the stocker but I know lots of times I can add a whole gallon to it.

I'm really looking forward to getting my "tuned" file back and comparing it to the stocker.

I have read that the APS intake really distorts the MAF signal although I have had no driveabilty issues with my car.

I think it's probably because it seems to run as good (or better) at less than full throttle. The car will hit full boost at just over half throttle and doesn't seem to do much if you floor it all the way.

Thanks,
Bob
Old May 31, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm with you..... bump
Old May 31, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

me too
Old May 31, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Geez, I guess everybody's more concerned with silly stuff like more boost, better AFR's, etc LOL!

MalibuJack??? Any ideas?
Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Seriously, search.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=201840

I shouldn't even say search. I should say "read the rest of the ecuflash subforum"

d
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You can alter the settings, only I have no advice on it since my sprayer is now being used for Water injection..

I would look at the IC Relay Timer Time setting.. It has an on-time and off-time setting, I suspect that is where you would look to make the change..

This has been discussed elsewhere BTW..
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

I'm a noob to this forum, have purchased the cable and just received my modified ROM from Al.

I just haven't seen much interest in the IC sprayer function, thanks for the link.
Bob

Originally Posted by donour
Seriously, search.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=201840

I shouldn't even say search. I should say "read the rest of the ecuflash subforum"

d
Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 96_LXR
I'm a noob to this forum, have purchased the cable and just received my modified ROM from Al.

I just haven't seen much interest in the IC sprayer function, thanks for the link.
Bob
Honestly its because there really hasn't been much interest in the IC sprayer, thats why its no longer in the 05's.. It was a nifty "gadget" that nobody really used and I think with upgraded intercoolers that most people end up going to, it really didn't offer too much documented improvements except on a heat soaked intercooler. Alot of other guys went to a CO2 sprayer setup instead, though I don't think any of that stuff is really all that useful if you have a good intercooler in the first place (By good I mean, one matched to your intended driving and needs, not always bigger is better..)
Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In automatic mode the ECU sends ground to the relay tha allows 12VDC to pump motor depending on input from throttle position sensor, engine coolant temp, MAF, and wheelspeed - thats right, not RPM.

As far as what parameters of ea/all are required, I have no idea.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Honestly its because there really hasn't been much interest in the IC sprayer, thats why its no longer in the 05's.. It was a nifty "gadget" that nobody really used and I think with upgraded intercoolers that most people end up going to, it really didn't offer too much documented improvements except on a heat soaked intercooler. Alot of other guys went to a CO2 sprayer setup instead, though I don't think any of that stuff is really all that useful if you have a good intercooler in the first place (By good I mean, one matched to your intended driving and needs, not always bigger is better..)
But it wasn't 102 degrees and 7% humidity at your house yesterday. In the desert, I do believe it can provide gains.

d
Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

In the desert, I do believe it can provide gains.

d
You damn right it can - swamp cooler?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

But it wasn't 102 degrees and 7% humidity at your house yesterday. In the desert, I do believe it can provide gains.

d
I am sure that it helps some if your road speed is high enough. I do know that I always run mine on "Auto" and it goes through a fair amount of fluid.

I know that the sprayer was axed on the 05's due to the space being occupied by the ACD deal.

I know a Mitsu mechanic who has been with them for 15 years, worked with the factory rally team and knows lots about the R&D that has gone into these cars.

His answer to some of the questions I've had about the car are . . . "If there was a better way to do it, it'd be on the car".

I think that hitting the sprayer does little if you hit it during a run. I do think it helps somewhat on the next pull though, it's not like hitting the NOS LOL.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
You damn right it can - swamp cooler?
Yes. That's something not commonly understood in the rest of the country.

New Mexico gets hot, obviously. Despite the fact that it's been >90 every day for a week, most houses don't have air conditioning. Or they don't have compressed air AC like most places. Instead we have evaporative cooling systems that work just like an intercooler sprayer. I have a big unit on the top of my house that is basically just a fan and pan of water. It brings hot air from outside in, humidifies/cools it, then sends it into the house. On a 100 degree day (monday), it kept my whole house nice and cool. The best part is that is costs basically nothing to run. Running it all day, every day will only run up a few dollars on the power bill and a few gallons of water.

d
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

The charge cooler for my car provided me with a 4.8 qt methanol reservoir not to mention a relay controlled circuit with a two position cockpit switch that I can do whatever I want with. One mode is manual and the other, well I havent actually got that mode to power the relay yet.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

when i lived in abq. we had swamp coolers too so it has to work. same idea with when i did a/c jobs.. the pressure would drop alot just from wettin the condenser. i just got done making an intercooler sprayer for my car it has 5 nozzles spraying the front.

Last edited by sesso; Jun 8, 2006 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: IC Sprayer Settings