Notices
ECU Flash

Reading ECU with current flash

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading ECU with current flash

I have a current custom tune already on my ecu...I just got the cables in and want to make sure when I hook everyone up that I do not erase my current tune--

Do I need to still load the 05 stock map before I can read my ecu like I read in the tutorial or is it just as simple as downloading ecuflash software and plugging it in and hitting read ecu?...sorry ahead of time for the noob question I just dont want to erase my current flash
Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
I have a current custom tune already on my ecu...I just got the cables in and want to make sure when I hook everyone up that I do not erase my current tune--

Do I need to still load the 05 stock map before I can read my ecu like I read in the tutorial or is it just as simple as downloading ecuflash software and plugging it in and hitting read ecu?...sorry ahead of time for the noob question I just dont want to erase my current flash
Just hookup the cable, open up EcuFlash, turn on key and hit read ECU. Thats it. I would suggest that you save it in two places so that you have a master file of the flash.

Girlie
Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Girlie
Just hookup the cable, open up EcuFlash, turn on key and hit read ECU. Thats it. I would suggest that you save it in two places so that you have a master file of the flash.

Girlie
I appreciate the quick response!!