Notices
ECU Flash

deleting rear o2 and NO CEL light.. little right up/how to

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
deleting rear o2 and NO CEL light.. little right up/how to

well i have had a rear o2 cel light for a long time. until now. im just doing a little right up and update on what i did. for some history of my issue i bought a catback and the o2 bung was welded in the wrong spot and the rear o2 sensor was hitting the drive shaft. finally it broke and i got the cel light. i since then re welded a new bung in and got a brand new sensor. but i figured i would try the tephra v5 patch and resister trick. well needless to say it is working great. i have put 75miles on the car with no cel light. its a record for my car non the less. hahh.

you will need to do the tephra v5 patch. if you dont know how i am willing to help. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=332778

also if you have a GOOD rear o2 you do not NEED to do the resister mod. its just an option in case you want to remove it from the car.

here are a few pics of what i did.... NOTE. i used my old o2 sensor plug since the sensor was shot. not the new one as im going to return it.

here are the parts i used.

and here is how i wired it into my o2 sensor plug. NOTE... if you dont have an extra one like i did you will need to do it how it is described in the other thread.

and here is how it dangles from the under side of the car...... i did this because the resister gets very hot. i do not need to catch on fire. lol. if the resister brakes due to road deb re then i will replace it. it was only like $1.99 so im not worried about it. its cheap, plug and play and works great. now that it works im going to clean it up a little bit and make it a permanent thing....

thanks needs to go out to tephra, gsrboi, evodan2004, jim in tucson, mrfred....... thanks guys for the help and tips.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would add that you might want to put something over the wiring, the last thing you'd want is something grounding out the circuit and blowing the fuse, especially if road debris breaks it.. You could also look into a resister of the same value that is mounted to a heat sink, that will allow you to dissipate the heat and make it a little safer. Their generally referred to as Power Resisters, it allows the heat to be more safely dissipated.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Jul 21, 2008 at 04:26 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the tip malibujack... but the reason it is the way it is now was just to make sure everything worked right. Now that it does I will be cleaning it up a bit. I did not want to make it the finial outcome and then find out I need to pull it all apart again. I hate that. Haha. I'm going to seal the wires up with that heat shrink and then make a little square box out of a sheet of aluminum and close it off with a vent hole or something. Should look good and safe when done.