Notices
ECU Flash

94170015 MAP to MAF Patch:

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I'll pop the Upper IC pipe off of the car later and see if i can drive around the block
you can try with the current settings, but you may need tweaking. but cool--let us know.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
As soon as this pans out im jumping on it. Between the injectors, cams, new turbo kit, I have to baby it to a stop or it starts going super rich and choking up wanting to stall. I have my fuel trims in check. Was actually thinking of just giving up and going with a stand alone

Tried tinkering with scaling the MAF no luck there same crap
i'm in the same boat. hopefully with some tweaking, this can become the 'maf pipe' fix or the 'i wanna run a vta bov' fix. for me it has, but i know it needs some refinement.

all in all, i needed to refresh my assembling and navigating disasm skills for this cpu. it has to be second nature with all of this modding going on. done. when bez said that he is ok with people using his code , i thought hell yeah.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I tried to disassemble the ROM using IDA Pro and following a couple threads on here. It was at that point I realized that my few classes in programming in Matlab is nowhere near enough to understand what was going on in the ECU.

Anybody have some good references on what this code all means? I have all kinds of ideas on items to implement in the ECU, and I think they are very doable even. The problem is, I don't have the foggiest idea of how to implement it in code in this ECU.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just need to watch someone disassemble a small section of code and back track the sub rpoutines and such. Once I know how the flow works I could contribute to the cause as well. I know how to disassemble,label and find items but I don't know where to go from there.

Anyone feel like making a video tutorial disassembling something small and basic?? I have free desktop recording software I can give you so you can record whats going on on your screen in realtime.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I just need to watch someone disassemble a small section of code and back track the sub rpoutines and such. Once I know how the flow works I could contribute to the cause as well. I know how to disassemble,label and find items but I don't know where to go from there.

Anyone feel like making a video tutorial disassembling something small and basic?? I have free desktop recording software I can give you so you can record whats going on on your screen in realtime.
I am interested in this as well
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
I tried to disassemble the ROM using IDA Pro and following a couple threads on here. It was at that point I realized that my few classes in programming in Matlab is nowhere near enough to understand what was going on in the ECU.

Anybody have some good references on what this code all means? I have all kinds of ideas on items to implement in the ECU, and I think they are very doable even. The problem is, I don't have the foggiest idea of how to implement it in code in this ECU.
Basic concepts of programming are the same for the assembly language, but because assembly code talks directly to the processor, there are lots of things that have to be explicitly performed in the code that would never have to be done in a high level language. To get a feel for those extra things that need to be done, it is very helpful to understand how the processor is set up. You'll want to get your hands on the SH7052/7055 processor manual and do some reading. It also helps to just do some general reading how processors work. SH2 is a relatively easy language, so it won't get any easier than this.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Good to hear that it's a relatively simple processor to understand.

Hopefully during winter break I can get some time to learn this a bit. It's the first time I have ever looked at assembly language in such bulk/detail.

Is there a source for ROMs that people have disassembled to some extent and labeled different sections? It would be great to have some ROMs that you could verify what you are thinking is happening with what others think/know is going on.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well dissapointing news everyone. I pulled off my upic today and while the car does idle fantastic soon as throttle was applied the cars would sputter go really rich and want to die.

Oh well speed density needs some bugs worked out of it. The ROM itself isn't causing any issues.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Well dissapointing news everyone. I pulled off my upic today and while the car does idle fantastic soon as throttle was applied the cars would sputter go really rich and want to die.

Oh well speed density needs some bugs worked out of it. The ROM itself isn't causing any issues.
yay it works. lol.

sorry it doesn't let you drive yet on a blown hose. i'm sure some VE tuning/map calling/and offset fixing, it'll work.

this just means the MAF is taking over well before or around the 0 PSI mark. once i get back (now i'm tasked out on some other damn mission) i'll see if i could tweak it via logs and such.

EDIT: this would prabably mean re-tuning low to medium load fuel/timing cells when this works that way.

Last edited by evoredy; Oct 22, 2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:53 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the other thread of having a GM AIT on the stock ECU to read intake charge temps.... I think that it is moving to the right direction.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steadly2004
any updates?
not really. i haven't 'tuned' it any further yet. i guess this patch whould be used to combat the lift off stall issue with big turbo/big piping/maf piping/etc.

i did suggest this patch as it sits to another evo owner with those issues. we'll see if it works out.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=368857&page=2

i would suggest staying close to the SD discussion as I haven't had time in the last 3 weeks or so to even sit down and log the addresses i posted. if i do, i'll report.

question, does anyone know the scaling for the maf output before/after its put into the filter? post it up if its something simple that is just under ny nose.

thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by evoredy
i did suggest this patch as it sits to another evo owner with those issues. we'll see if it works out.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=368857&page=2

You are the fu*&ing man. It works 100% It works

My EVO is my friend again. evoready FTMFW

I had to bump the idle setting a little from stock to just 1000 was a little too low and lopey for my liking and turned the boost down a little so the map can be touched up. Car drives 100% smooth on, off and transitioning to boost. Oh and did I mentioned it falls to a sweet *** idle again

Last edited by gsrboi80; Nov 4, 2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
You are the fu*&ing man. It works 100% It works

My EVO is my friend again. evoready FTMFW

I had to bump the idle setting a little from stock to just 1000 was a little too low and lopey for my liking and turned the boost down a little so the map can be touched up. Car drives 100% smooth on, off and transitioning to boost. Oh and did I mentioned it falls to a sweet *** idle again
i CANNOT drive my evo without this patch. lol. real thanks goes to bez. i'm just a cheap hacker lol.

i hope i'll have some time to refine all the settings/for VTA bov/3bar and such, but they are safe as it is. i've done millions of logged pulls to check afrs/cruise/etc.

if you want to log idle trims and set up injectors, i suggest you flash back to the OE rom so the patch is not skewing stuff. once dialed, input injector scaling/info in the map to maf rom. that should be it.

please report any issues. thanks.

EDIT: i'm now using the dejon 4" pipe with no idle stalling issues on this patch. boost recovery per shift is amazing compared to 3" pipe lol. i have to get some nicer silicone couplers though--dam pipe keeps "squeezing" itself out of the supplied ones. the pipe fitment is awesome and clears everything w/gt35r. just a note.

Last edited by evoredy; Nov 4, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there's any chance someone wants to port this over to the 96530006V5.1 EDM rom, it would be greatly appreciated. I know there's plenty other stuff going on, so I understand if not.

Quick Reply: 94170015 MAP to MAF Patch: