Notices
ECU Flash

Gm maf/maft ?s

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2009, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gm maf/maft ?s

I could have swore that there is a nice thread talkin about setting up the maft box and such. I have been searching for the last 45 mins and can't find it.

If I am right could somebody link me to the thread. Thanks

Fathouse
Old Apr 27, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a few threads in here dealing with it on my friend's Evo ecu converted 2g Eclipse. Honestly after going through the nightmare of trying to dial in the correct frequencies on the MAFT and dealing with it's AFC-type architecture, I never want to look at another one again lol. It works rather well when cruising out of boost and idles the car rather well as well, but IMO it tends to lose out when hitting higher Hz values and isn't as consistent as I hoped it would be.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i just took mine off after not being about to dial in the injectors and trims. like SLO_CRX said, idles great and cruises great off boost. but i was continually running very rich once the load was on. so after months of messing with it, i swapped it back with the stock MAF and things were much better.

so if i had to recommend it to anyone i wouldnt really recommend it. but i'll be selling mine if you want to give it a shot. just let me PM me and let me know.