Notices
ECU Flash

How to Log AEM UEGO in Evo Scan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How to Log AEM UEGO in Evo Scan

I've been searching and can't find any real answers on how to log The AEM UEGO Gauge in EVO Scan. If anyone has some advice or links it would be welcome.

I understand:
-That you need to disable the rear O2 sensor.
-Use pin 75 for evo8 5v logging wire on AEM Gauge(white wire)

I found this link

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ial-cable.html

But nothing on AEM Gauge Formula?

Help!!

My Rom ID is 94170015

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by awdboosted; Oct 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi from Palatine

There are other links here for logging via serial cable. That is really what you should do.

Logging via rearO2 can be off slightly, but to do so you simply log your rear O2. I believe I have posted the scaling around. I'll look later if you still can't find it.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something but have you installed the 9-pin connector to the (I believe) the white and blue wires from the sensor?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mike, I think the thread Frosty's referring to is this one.

But...er...what's up with the output differences between the serial and analog output? I've never seen behavior like that with my LC-1. (I've had plenty of other problems with my LC-1, but that hasn't been one of them; logged serial and logged analog have been close enough that I'd trust my engine to it.) I have a UEGO on the shelf that I was thinking of putting in the wife's car, but that's not looking so tempting anymore.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 04:21 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by logic
Mike, I think the thread Frosty's referring to is this one.

But...er...what's up with the output differences between the serial and analog output? I've never seen behavior like that with my LC-1. (I've had plenty of other problems with my LC-1, but that hasn't been one of them; logged serial and logged analog have been close enough that I'd trust my engine to it.) I have a UEGO on the shelf that I was thinking of putting in the wife's car, but that's not looking so tempting anymore.
I think the differences are equal to a max of ~.25 AFR that I have logged. I believe I posted a set of differences in the narrowband sim thread that mrfred posted.

It is essentially inherent analog noise, no biggie. I still like the UEGO alot more than my LC1 so far.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't have to disable the rear o2 to log the Uego. Just use the output of the uego gauge, splice into a serial port(sold premade by Fast Freddie), get usb>serial converter (My cable is from Limitless- no issues), assign ports properly on evoscan (make sure it's v2.6 w/ beta 2.7). there ya go. No need to tap into ECU unless you want ECU control on WB.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 05:59 AM

I just used the blue wire off the gauge hooked up to a serial port. This exact procedure is described in the instructions for the AEM UEGO.

Then it's just a serial-to-usb cable into the laptop and make sure EvoScan knows which port that cable is using.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ed, I would make sure you have a good ground.. The battery is the best one. I wire all my widebands to the battery and use a relay to trigger them on and off. You don't have to recalibrate the AEM UEGO Gauge. But even logging it in AEM EMS it's off a little between the gauge and logging software.

Thank you everyone. Where can I buy the cable to log the wideband at? I may just do that instead of wiring it in.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by awdboosted
Ed, I would make sure you have a good ground.. The battery is the best one. I wire all my widebands to the battery and use a relay to trigger them on and off. You don't have to recalibrate the AEM UEGO Gauge. But even logging it in AEM EMS it's off a little between the gauge and logging software.

Thank you everyone. Where can I buy the cable to log the wideband at? I may just do that instead of wiring it in.
I got my cable from Radio Shack.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

All the information here looks correct. Should be all you need.